This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
    Should be fixed. Underwhelming outfit for all the hassle.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Oddly I could see it this morning when checking from my iPhone on the Chrome browser app but could not see it later in the day on my PC.
    Ben

Comment

[MENTION=6632]AngusM[/MENTION] Looks good anyway. That Seiko chronograph is always a winner.
      Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        Oddly I could see it this morning when checking from my iPhone on the Chrome browser app but could not see it later in the day on my PC.
        I didn't realize the link had to stay active (i.e., photo had to stay hosted on Google) for the pic to stay. Thought it would import like in Tapatalk.

Thanks, [MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION]. I almost sold it a while back, and I would've kicked myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post

Recently found this secondhand shantung tie from YSL, $10.
          Looks great! I took your advice and just picked up a very similar YSL tie for $7 on ebay, except mine is "heather mist wool". I think mine might be a little darker brown. Came here looking for examples of how to wear it and boom this is the first unread post. Now I just need an excuse to wear a tie...
          Last edited by firemunkee; September 28, 2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=6632]AngusM[/MENTION] I got it for my father as an Xmas gift this last year, and he wears it almost every day.

Today is largely dedicated to homework, but I had to make a concession to looking decent. Growing in some fall scruff too, which I think counts as part of the 'fit.

Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

I pulled this old polo from a giveaway pile to give it one more shot. Not loving the size of the collar tho. Oh well.

Target henley and polo, Levi's jeans, Nordstrom 1901 chukkas, Hamilton watch.
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
                Looks great! I took your advice and just picked up a very similar YSL tie for $7 on ebay, except mine is "heather mist wool". I think mine might be a little darker brown. Came here looking for examples of how to wear it and boom this is the first unread post. Now I just need an excuse to wear a tie...
                Those Heather Mist ties usually have a nice depth of color and a good fuzzy feel. Nice choice.

Comment

Here's the other raw silk tie I found, also YSL for the same price.

BenR, what's the problem with the collar size? Too big?

Comment

Too wide and lays too flat. It spreads even further if I don't keep it buttoned all the way.
                    Ben

Comment

Here's the other raw silk tie I found, also YSL for the same price.

I get the same texture from Rooster Linen ties and without the YSL on the blade. Color tends to vary but if you keep on the lookout you could have the whole rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                        I get the same texture from Rooster Linen ties and without the YSL on the blade. Color tends to vary but if you keep on the lookout you could have the whole rainbow.
                        I agree, those Rooster ties seem generally well made (their Moygashel linen ties seem to be nicer than the unmarked ones). I have a dark brown and a yellow linen tie from Rooster, and both are great (and cost only a couple dollars). The raw silk ties are much more slubby, but you're right that the general effect is the same. These two particular YSL ties don't have any markings on the blades, which is nice.

Comment

Casual Friday at the office.

Shoes: Adidas Gazelle
                          Pants: Gap
                          Shirt: Old Navy
                          Sweater: BR
                          Watch: Casio edifice on a clockwork synergy strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Obviously, this is my favorite F/W sportcoat

5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              I pulled this old polo from a giveaway pile to give it one more shot. Not loving the size of the collar tho. Oh well.

Target henley and polo, Levi's jeans, Nordstrom 1901 chukkas, Hamilton watch.
                              I share your sentiment with collars like that - very Ellen Denegeres.
                              5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                                Obviously, this is my favorite F/W sportcoat

Summer is making a last gasp (70s and sunny during the day) and I am sweating in my west-facing office just from wearing a flannel shirt, so that combo is lookin' VERY warm.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X