Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=14308]Amesbury[/MENTION] I don't wear boots or any footwear around my house. Far too formal.

Comment

FYI - i found this site helpful for some tricks on resizing IMGUR images for posting here.

https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog...umbnail-trick/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
        In the spirit of our recent discussion, here is WIWT. Working from home.

Shirt: BR Luxe touch polo
        Jeans: BR Slim Kaihara Selvage
        Watch: Timex Expedition
        Boots: Red Wing Iron Ranger

I have a couple of "firsts" going today... This is the first pair of raw denim and the first pair of selvedge denim I've ever owned. First button fly, which will be an adventure. It will be interesting because I'm not at all interested in fades. I like to keep my jeans dark.

Feel free to critique!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
        Looks good! I have pretty much the same outfit, watch included, except for the color of the polo and IRs (oxblood). The BR slevedge was my first all of those too. Good news, for you, is it doesn't really fade much. You get used to the button fly. I found it difficult at first but a trick I discovered is putting your thumb behind the fabric that is behind the button in order to button the button...haha Not sure if that made sense but I used to push directly on the button and it was difficult because the jeans were still stiff and pushing directly against the button was difficult. Now that they are broken in it's a breeze to button and unbutton when you're in a hurry (for whatever reason :P).

Comment

Casual Friday

Chinos, t-shirt & Jean jacket: J.Crew

Shoes: vans

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
            Looks good! I have pretty much the same outfit, watch included, except for the color of the polo and IRs (oxblood). The BR slevedge was my first all of those too. Good news, for you, is it doesn't really fade much. You get used to the button fly. I found it difficult at first but a trick I discovered is putting your thumb behind the fabric that is behind the button in order to button the button...haha Not sure if that made sense but I used to push directly on the button and it was difficult because the jeans were still stiff and pushing directly against the button was difficult. Now that they are broken in it's a breeze to button and unbutton when you're in a hurry (for whatever reason :P).
            Thanks for the tip! How do you like the oxblood color and the mini lug sole? That may be next on my to-buy boot list.

Comment

[MENTION=11794]jharrisonbarrett[/MENTION] nice! The white t-shirt and Jean jacket look great together!

Here is WIWT. Pretty much the same as yesterday. Today I'm in the office, but it's Friday, so casual. Usually I wear a button down when I have to go in.

Shirt: BR Luxe touch polo
              Jeans: BR Slim Kaihara Selvedge
              Boots: Wolverine 1000 Mile in #8 color

Critiques welcome!

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=10629]Mr. Charles[/MENTION]. How do you like those jeans? I typically shop at J.Crew and feel I need to give other brands some love.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                  [MENTION=3153]BB[/MENTION] You have a very nice collection of ties, by the way. But what really caught my interest from your latest post was the shoulder bag on the floor. Is that a Saddleback?
                  Yeah, it's a Saddleback briefcase -- the big one. I got it about six years ago, when they were much cheaper, and this one was on sale because of some imperfections. It is a great bag, but I'd get something else now that they are about a grand.

About the ties: almost all are thrifted or eBayed. Most were under $5. I have one bought new from Barney's and one from Berg & Berg, and a few years ago I got a couple from the Knottery (before they jacked up their prices), and a few from the Tie Bar (before I wised up), but that's it. There are quite a few raw silk ties floating around from the 70s and 80s that aren't labeled "raw silk," and most - if you can find them - are only a couple of bucks, because the people selling them think they are just ratty ties...

Comment

Seeing how I'm wearing the exact same boots as Mr. Charles I figured I'd post WIWT. +1 for jean Fridays.

Shirt: Spier and Mackay
                    Jeans: BR Traveler
                    Boots: Wolverine 1000 mile #8
                    Watch: Seiko on a C&B strap
                    Belt: No clue, I've had it for a long time and there is no labeling on it

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
                      Thanks [MENTION=10629]Mr. Charles[/MENTION]. How do you like those jeans? I typically shop at J.Crew and feel I need to give other brands some love.

I'm happy with them. I actually found them by accident. I was at the mall and stopped in BR to check out the clearance rack. They had a pair, so I tried it on for kicks and it fit. I typically have a lot of trouble finding pants/jeans that fit well in the seat and thighs, so I was amazed when a pair billed as "slim" actually fit. The fit is similar to Levi 541 but with no stretch. So I ran home and ordered a few more pairs online. I paid about $30 each, for jeans that were $150 full retail.

Overall I've been very happy with all of my BR purchases (jeans, shirts, sweaters...).

[MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] - Nice boots!

Comment

Originally posted by DandyLion View Post
                        what blazer is that?
                        It's a half-lined, unconstructed Lands End linen/cotton jacket, with fabric by Baird McNutt, from about five years ago (see here: http://thisfits.me/post/29727353197/...nd-otherworldy ). It was amazingly cheap for how nice it is. I've worn it so often that it's started to wear out in places. Which is unfortunate, because they haven't made it for a few years. I should have bought two, I love it so much.

Comment

Comment

Doing a very special WIWT based on the discussion from earlier this week:

Shirt: Fraternity rush shirt from college
                            Shorts: Nike (repping my alma mater)
                            Shoes: Kirkland

This is typically what I wear when I work from home because it's comfy and I'm petty. Maybe I'll put on regular clothes later.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyLion View Post
                              FYI - i found this site helpful for some tricks on resizing IMGUR images for posting here.

https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog...umbnail-trick/
                              Doesn't your browser or Tapatalk automatically resize them? I know my original images are pretty large, but they show up in Firefox and Tapatalk auto-resized to fit. I gave your trick a shot today though in case I'm missing something.

Rocking Chucks today per [MENTION=14375]dangerpenguin[/MENTION] suggestion. I'm pretty comfortable and confident with my short length falling just above the knee though. This topic was already hotly debated on here, so I'm just going to leave this here, then slowly walk away: http://www.gq.com/story/how-to-wear-shorts-john-legend

LE Sail Rigger / A&F / Converse

A couple comments:
                              1) I've become a huge fan of LE Sail Rigger Oxfords in Slim fit. There have been a few posts lately asking for recommendations on casual shirts, and I think these are good option. They are very solidly built, and the type of OCBD that gets better with age as it softens and frays. The collar is too small for a tie, and they are cut pretty short. For wearing untucked casually though, I think the length is perfect. With all LE, Slim is pretty slim, but they also have Tailored and Regular. LE is really good about putting measurements up online too. Everything, including sale items, is 30% off right now if you want to test them (Sears still does free in store returns).
                              2) I recently picked up a bunch of A&F shorts for ~$15ea after seeing a post on /r/frugalmalefashion. I don't think I had bought or walked into A&F in probably 20-years, but for the price I gave them a shot. I'm incredibly happy with them. The material is pretty thick so probably not the best for the hottest days. But they seem extremely durable, and I'm big a fan of the cut. The fit is TTS. These are the Classic Fit with a 9.5" inseam. They do also have a Preppy Fit with a 7.5" inseam if you do want to go the shorter route. They are $15-$17 right now plus 25% off with code 15746. Well worth a try with free in store returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                                Thanks for the tip! How do you like the oxblood color and the mini lug sole? That may be next on my to-buy boot list.

It's my first pair of that type of boot so I love them! The color is similar to your 1k in #8 that you just posted though so I don't know if you would want two very similar boots in the same color. Then again, why do I have multiple pairs of Strands in different colors haha. The mini lug is a nice idea. I haven't really tested it out yet since I babied my boots last year when I got them. In all honesty I don't expect much from them in terms of performance, maybe just slightly better than the standard sole. I wouldn't use these in serious preciptation/snow/ice. Haha even in light snow I bet the lugs will get packed quickly and its all downhill from there. Looks cool though

Comment

Working...
                                X