Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
    I vaguely remember people complaining about this idea in the past -- something about WIWT becoming a "pissing contest" for likes. But if I could like your comment, I would, because I agree with everything you've said about encouraging more posts and eliminating pointless comments.
    But would an environment that strokes one's ego be a necessarily bad thing? Nothing wrong with a little "friendly competition" to work on your fits. Obviously barring any vindication or otherwise bad vibes
    Last edited by The_Manscaper; September 22, 2016, 11:51 AM.

    Comment


      [MENTION=11794]jharrisonbarrett[/MENTION] Dig that jacket. These are the type of fits that I really appreciate because I wouldn't traditionally pair black jeans with a blue denim shirt and brown boots, but the jacket (in a color I wouldn't pick on my own) ends up pulling everything together really well. Great inspiration.


      Apt 9 / J.Crew Club / Reef

      Comment


        Thanks [MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION]! Much appreciated. I'm digging that green. Its my favorite color but I seldomly wear it. Been in a blue, grey, & black funk lately

        Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

        Comment


          [MENTION=15192]The_Manscaper[/MENTION] I'm on your team here. Others made that comment when the subject was brought up sometime earlier this year.
          [MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] colors and fit look great, but just can't get over the flip flops. Personally think a pair of chucks, or similar, would go a long way here.

          First day of fall, even though it doesn't feel like it. But who am I to not celebrate:



          Edit to add: the lighting is a special kind of terrible in my office...

          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


            [MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] can't believe you're still in shorts. My short wear days are behind me for another 8 mos now...Nice use of green btw. Cheers.

            Comment


              Originally posted by DocDave View Post
              [MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] can't believe you're still in shorts. My short wear days are behind me for another 8 mos now...Nice use of green btw. Cheers.
              Thanks. I wish my short wearing days were behind me. This humidity drives me crazy. Seems like the last couple years, we've skipped spring and fall, and it is just brutal heat directly into better wear a hat.

              [MENTION=14375]dangerpenguin[/MENTION] Yeah, I know flip-flops are pretty polarizing on here and other menswear forums. There was a time when it was either boots or flip-flops with nothing in between for me. I try to mix it up more now, and I do wear chucks quite a bit. One case for flip-flops though, is that I've notice they extend my legs more (which helps me with my long torso). This is a fit from a few days ago with flip-flops vs Stan Smiths. Maybe it's the white on white, but I felt like the Stans chopped my legs off.





              Boat shoes were part of my school uniform as a kid, and I still can't get rid of memories of them bloodying up my feet. They would probably be a better menswear approved option. If I can find some cheap Gold Cups over the winter, I'm going to pick them up.
              Last edited by connersw; September 22, 2016, 01:01 PM.

              Comment


                In the spirit of our recent discussion, here is WIWT. Working from home.







                Shirt: BR Luxe touch polo
                Jeans: BR Slim Kaihara Selvage
                Watch: Timex Expedition
                Boots: Red Wing Iron Ranger

                I have a couple of "firsts" going today... This is the first pair of raw denim and the first pair of selvedge denim I've ever owned. First button fly, which will be an adventure. It will be interesting because I'm not at all interested in fades. I like to keep my jeans dark.

                Feel free to critique!

                Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

                Comment


                  [MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] man you really know how to rub it in with the short pictures don't ya...


                  [MENTION=10629]Mr. Charles[/MENTION] I'm impressed with the level of style for a work from home day. For me, when I work from home, I'm normally in what I call 'comfy pants' and a T-shirt.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    [MENTION=10629]Mr. Charles[/MENTION] I'm impressed with the level of style for a work from home day. For me, when I work from home, I'm normally in what I call 'comfy pants' and a T-shirt.
                    Yesterday I was also working from home, but was wearing my Levis, a t-shirt (with a 1984 reference on it) and Chucks Taylors, which is more typical of what I wear when working remote. But, today being the first official day of autumn, I had to get the boots out despite the high being 83.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by connersw View Post
                      Yeah, I know flip-flops are pretty polarizing on here and other menswear forums. There was a time when it was either boots or flip-flops with nothing in between for me. I try to mix it up more now, and I do wear chucks quite a bit. One case for flip-flops though, is that I've notice they extend my legs more (which helps me with my long torso). This is a fit from a few days ago with flip-flops vs Stan Smiths. Maybe it's the white on white, but I felt like the Stans chopped my legs off.
                      I think both look good - shoes or sandals - though I'm not a big fan of sandals myself. I wonder if an inch or two shorter inseam on the shorts would help make your legs look longer?

                      Comment


                        [MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] I bought my first pair of boat shoes last summer, and scraping has been minimal, with no blood whatsoever. No-show socks and a good fit could probably help.
                        Duncan

                        I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

                        Comment


                          I would like Stan Smiths a heckuvalot more if they didn't put his face on the tongue. There's some primeknits that I was going to buy until I saw the tongue.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                            I think both look good - shoes or sandals - though I'm not a big fan of sandals myself. I wonder if an inch or two shorter inseam on the shorts would help make your legs look longer?
                            That's probably spot on.

                            Comment


                              First day of fall... you know what that means. It's beatbox season. Boots and coats and boots and coats and boots and coats...

                              Ben

                              Comment


                                For the work-from-home guys, it seems like there are some who wear footwear like shoes and boots inside their home. Am I interpreting the posts correctly? Am I in the minority for thinking shoes that I wear outside my home would be dirty to wear inside my home? Unless of course you have dedicated indoor footwear that is...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X