Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin' like the idealistic rookie character in some crappy cop procedural.

Epaulet jacket, BB OCBD, Suitsupply tie, thrifted tie bar, Lands' End belt, Levi's 541 twill jeans, Wolverine 1000 mile boots.
    Ben

Comment

This is one of Chipp2's matka ties. I don't know a whole lot about ties, but this thing seems to be a much better tie than almost any other I have owned. Part of that is the ease of tying a good knot, but part of it is the feel of the thing: substantial without being bulky. It tapers slowly, too, which means that it ties a better looking knot while still being only 3 or so inches at the tip.

Comment

Leander, you must live up north somewhere. It's still muggy as a swamp down here. Like you, I can't wait for crisp fall air. I think I have a mother month to wait. I'm jealous. Nice use of subtle solids to offset a bold pattern, by the way.

BenR, I think your haircut helps you pull off the leather jacket. I'd just look like a tool if I wore one. But your eyes seem to have a touch of world-weariness that suggests it's a couple seasons into the cop procedural, and the rookie's idealism is starting to fade.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
          Leander, you must live up north somewhere. It's still muggy as a swamp down here. Like you, I can't wait for crisp fall air. I think I have a mother month to wait. I'm jealous. Nice use of subtle solids to offset a bold pattern, by the way.

BenR, I think your haircut helps you pull off the leather jacket. I'd just look like a tool if I wore one. But your eyes seem to have a touch of world-weariness that suggests it's a couple seasons into the cop procedural, and the rookie's idealism is starting to fade.
          Yes sir, Pac Northwest. It's cooling down nicely especially in the evenings.

Comment

Comment

So, is it not cool to post in WIWT anymore? It's been a few years since I've hung around much, but people used to do this more often. Is it considered narcissistic now, or something? I always appreciated critical feedback and seeing inspiration from what others were wearing. But maybe times changed. (This isn't a criticism, merely an observation and a question.)

Comment

So, is it not cool to post in WIWT anymore? It's been a few years since I've hung around much, but people used to do this more often. Is it considered narcissistic now, or something? I always appreciated critical feedback and seeing inspiration from what others were wearing. But maybe times changed. (This isn't a criticism, merely an observation and a question.)
                everyone's just posting their watches now

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...h-I-wore-today

Comment

It seems to ebb and flow. It's definitely a bit slow recently.
                  Ben

Comment

Summer continues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't post that much because honestly, there is a small part of me that finds it a bit narcissistic, but that aside, I don't have a full length mirror so taking pictures is difficult. Additionally, I'm outclassed by most of you guys. I work in IT, which means jeans and polos are standard dress at the office. If I wear a sportcoat I get looks and questioned about it. Plus I work from home much of the time, so generally I'm wearing shorts/jeans and a t-shirt/polo. Dressing well during warmer seasons is a weakness for me. I've made some improvements this year, but I really don't like heat and shorts are hard to "dress up".

I'll try to post here more once the weather cools off. My attire proclivities are far better suited to cooler weather when I can layer and wearing a sportcoat has a utilitarian justification.

Those of you that have been posting, please keep it up. It's great to see what you put together, though I am a little envious. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                        Plus I work from home much of the time, so generally I'm wearing shorts/jeans and a t-shirt/polo. Dressing well during warmer seasons is a weakness for me. I've made some improvements this year, but I really don't like heat and shorts are hard to "dress up".
                        Same here.

I want to post daily in WIWT, but I work from home 90% of the time, and wear comfy clothes.

Comment

I haven't purchased new clothes in a while so I would posted the same fits pretty regularly.

Comment

Haven't been posting because summer means very boring outfits...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                              Additionally, I'm outclassed by most of you guys. I work in IT, which means jeans and polos are standard dress at the office. If I wear a sportcoat I get looks and questioned about it. Plus I work from home much of the time, so generally I'm wearing shorts/jeans and a t-shirt/polo. Dressing well during warmer seasons is a weakness for me. I've made some improvements this year, but I really don't like heat and shorts are hard to "dress up".
                              As I posted in another thread, I actually think dressing well in these situations is almost more difficult. Which is even more reason why WIWT posts would be helpful. I don't think dressing well necessarily has to be about dressing up, and pics for inspiration as well as feedback would certainly help toward that end. It doesn't have to be about outclassing anyone. I've really appreciated some of Joe's Style Scenarios lately since they've gravitated towards that casual middle ground. [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] used to post some really great WIWT fits in this area too on the days he worked from the home office. Overall though, there doesn't seem to be much on the site in that area despite a preference for brands like J.Crew, BR, etc that, to me at least, seem to represent that casual but still well dressed aesthetic.

I too work from home, and as an older guy with kids, I don't do much going out so putting on a sport coat isn't usually in the cards for me. I'd still like to dress well though so I don't get into a rut of walking around in pajamas or soccer shorts. I agree, summer can be especially difficult since you can't benefit from layering. But again, with a bigger challenge there is even more reason why WIWT posts are helpful.

Comment

And just so I'm not all talk, here a few fit pics from the last couple weeks. I do feel like my summer uniform is basically a polo and shorts so getting ideas for variation would be great.

Uniqlo / A&F / Reef

BB / A&F / Vans

Uniqlo / A&F / RL Polo

LE Sail Rigger / J.Crew Club / Nike Sweet Classic

Comment

Working...
                                X