This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
    That's the Combat Gent travel jacket, right? I'm shocked at how tiny those lapels look, even on a 38. I was considering getting one of these soon, but would you say it's worth it? Looks like more shoulder padding than I would expect for something so casual.
    It is the travel jacket. The padding is fairly minimal; I have pretty square shoulders, and the shoulders on the jacket are a touch wider than my natural shoulder. It's beautifully made and feels great, but I would size up for sure if you ever go to the gym.

For comparison, this is a SS Havana in 36.

Last edited by BillN; September 16, 2016, 04:05 PM.
    Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
    Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
      Mr. Charles, how is Scotland treating you?
      Sadly, I was only there for 3 days. Some time I might seriously consider moving there, or at least frequent visiting. The Highlands are just so beautiful! And being in close proximity to the best scotch distilleries anywhere isn't bad either.

Comment

Digging these new cargo pants. Yep, cargo pants.

Jacket: Levis
        Shirt: Uniqlo
        Pants: J.Crew W&B
        Shoes: Adidas Stan Smith

Comment

Hey BB where did you get that jacket? Looks nice and unconstructed with a loose weave.

Comment

SS jacket
            S&M shirt
            Thrifted Land's End tie
            TTB ps
            JAB dress cords
            Belt unknown
            $5 thrifted J&M made in Italy boots

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by billmeek View Post
              Hey BB where did you get that jacket? Looks nice and unconstructed with a loose weave.
              You are right -- it is unconstructed and airy. Great for muggy days. It is made by Tombolini. Recently, I was looking for jackets to wear in the heat, and I saw several jackets from Tombolini on Yoox that were all in my size and all around $100. I got three of them, thinking I would return two. I ended up keeping all three because they are well made and comfortable. Button stance is a bit high, but it's not chopped in the tail. Fabrics are top notch.

Comment

Leanderthal, is that a wool/silk/linen jacket? Looks very nice.

Comment

Leanderthal, is that a wool/silk/linen jacket? Looks very nice.
                  Yes sir, it is. It's one of SS best blends IMHO, especially for their base line.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                    Yes sir, it is. It's one of SS best blends IMHO, especially for their base line.

and thank you very much!

Comment

I'm not going to lie, I've been waiting all summer for the fall! I love darker shades, layers, and boots. Stocked up a little bit during this off season.

Jacket is SS
                      Shirt S&M
                      Tie LE thrifted
                      PS Gagliardi
                      Cardigan LE
                      Trousers LE [MENTION=15090]JohnG[/MENTION] these are those a.testoni Chelsea boots that you had on your site awhile back.

Comment

[MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - Can I ask how you find the fit? TTS, big, small? Thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=15090]JohnG[/MENTION] TTS. I wear a 9D, and they fit well. I was a little disappointed with the leather quality though. I definitely wouldn't be happy paying more for them then the 6PM price. But for a mid range Chelsea boot not bad. It seems like they pop over $200 pretty quickly. Blake stich is nice, and the soles are really good quality. I'm pleased with them overall.

Comment

[MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - Thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - you do such a fantastic job of consistently looking very put together without looking affected. bravo.

Comment

[MENTION=15807]DandyLion[/MENTION] - Thank you so much, I very much appreciate that.

Comment

Working...
                                X