This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BB View Post
    This unlined linen-cotton herringbone jacket allows me to arrive at work without looking like I just got out of the pool.

I really like how that works with those pants - pants I assume that are kind of hard to pair with shirts/jackets.

Comment

This unlined linen-cotton herringbone jacket allows me to arrive at work without looking like I just got out of the pool.

Really like the jacket. Think it would look much better without a tie.

Comment

Tie, jacket, and shirt combo with the textures [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by phatte View Post
          I really like how that works with those pants - pants I assume that are kind of hard to pair with shirts/jackets.
          Thanks. They are a deep khaki, so perhaps not as difficult to match as they might seem. Does the lighting make them look yellow, perhaps?

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
          Really like the jacket. Think it would look much better without a tie.
          That might be true. Thanks for the suggestion. I wear a tie to work, but if I wear this to dinner I'll go tieless.

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
          Tie, jacket, and shirt combo with the textures [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]
          Thanks, DuFrank.

Comment

Navy and brown

Waistcoat on the right is the one I snagged at just $39 - Frank & Oak 100% wool.
            5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
              Navy and brown

Waistcoat on the right is the one I snagged at just $39 - Frank & Oak 100% wool.
              hey AD,
              great looks. Who are the monks you have there? I'm thinking a pair for my next shoe.
              thanks,
              -e

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ooh, I may need to steal the one on the right when the weather cools a bit more

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post

SuSu Lazio brown linen, CT light blue gingham, BB tie. Not pictured: AE bourbon daltons.

Gordon Biersch, 9th & F in DC.
                  Well played, sir

Comment

Thank you kindly. I actually wore the same suit and tie, different CT shirt, and some Bourbon Mora 2.0's last night for a nice night out in Biloxi. Then drove 6 hours back to Robins AFB to get laundry and dishes done before housekeeping came through the room and ripped me a new one (I'm TDY to Robins for a few weeks).
                    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

AsianDapper, I could never pull off the t-shirt and blazer look. But you immediately appear much more suave than me, which makes it work.

BenR, I like the suede watch band. Nice touch.

Mr. Charles, how is Scotland treating you?

I have one from last week and one from today.

Comment

Originally posted by el_ote View Post
                        hey AD,
                        great looks. Who are the monks you have there? I'm thinking a pair for my next shoe.
                        thanks,
                        -e

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                        Thanks!

It's an unknown-brand I snagged in Winners for less than $100 CAD.
                        I like it though as it has a chocolate brown color with black leather soles.

I'm tellin' you, the stuff you find in Winners...
                        5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Jury Duty!

Shirt: J. Crew
                          Jacket: Combatant Gentleman
                          Denim: BR Traveler
                          Shoes: Combatant Gentleman

Not sure on the fit of the sport coat. The 36s in this jacket fit perfectly on the shoulders, but the chest was a straight jacket. The 38s is a bit large in the shoulder. I have this issue with a lot of OTR brands (BR, Ludlow in particular), but for a casual jacket, I think I'm ok with it, esp. given I got it with a 15% code.

The boots are only okay. At 15% off, I'm okay with them as a trial Chelsea, but they're not the best quality item.
                          Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                          Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                          --Jason Isbell

Comment

WIWT

@BB, really like your jacket in the first look. Looks great paired with the texture and color of the tie.

Here's WIWY- mix-n-matching suit separates and tie/ps combos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by dangerpenguin; September 16, 2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                                Jury Duty!

Shirt: J. Crew
                                Jacket: Combatant Gentleman
                                Denim: BR Traveler
                                Shoes: Combatant Gentleman

Not sure on the fit of the sport coat. The 36s in this jacket fit perfectly on the shoulders, but the chest was a straight jacket. The 38s is a bit large in the shoulder. I have this issue with a lot of OTR brands (BR, Ludlow in particular), but for a casual jacket, I think I'm ok with it, esp. given I got it with a 15% code.

The boots are only okay. At 15% off, I'm okay with them as a trial Chelsea, but they're not the best quality item.
                                That's the Combat Gent travel jacket, right? I'm shocked at how tiny those lapels look, even on a 38. I was considering getting one of these soon, but would you say it's worth it? Looks like more shoulder padding than I would expect for something so casual.

Comment

Working...
                                X