Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    In hindsight, I wish that I would had worn a different tie. Oh well.

    Shoes are thrifted AEs that I refinished myself.
    [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION] pair pants that I'm experimenting with for a new fit! These are JAB signature tropical wool I got for $23, plus $15 for the tailor. The rise hits right at my naval, which higher than I've tried before, but I love it. What do you think?

    These were the AEs when I found them


    Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

    Comment


      [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - What does the side profile of the pants look like on you? I have found that while the front can look great, the side profile is terrible most notably on the SuSu suits. I feel pants trended slim while sacrificing profile.
      [MENTION=14888]HankScorpio[/MENTION] - I like the idea of the fit but the pants could be hemmed a little shorter and the jacket sleeve lengthened.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
        In hindsight, I wish that I would had worn a different tie. Oh well.

        Shoes are thrifted AEs that I refinished myself.
        [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION] pair pants that I'm experimenting with for a new fit! These are JAB signature tropical wool I got for $23, plus $15 for the tailor. The rise hits right at my naval, which higher than I've tried before, but I love it. What do you think?

        These were the AEs when I found them


        Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
        Looks good. I really appreciate your fits in this forum. You bring a Styleforum aesthetic with a Dappered cost sensibility.

        I agree with the different tie sentiment. A Knit or grenadine in a more earthy tone like a deep green or burgundy would have been nice.

        Do you have a picture of the trousers with the jacket opened? I am curious about the rise. Are there pleats?


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


          Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
          In hindsight, I wish that I would had worn a different tie. Oh well.

          Shoes are thrifted AEs that I refinished myself.
          [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION] pair pants that I'm experimenting with for a new fit! These are JAB signature tropical wool I got for $23, plus $15 for the tailor. The rise hits right at my naval, which higher than I've tried before, but I love it. What do you think?

          These were the AEs when I found them


          Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
          You did a great job in the AEs. They look really nice.

          In terms of the trousers, IMO this is your best fitting pair based on my recollection of your WIWTs. They drape very well and are nicely tailored from the thigh down. On the front photo, they almost seem too aggressively tapered but on the shoe photo they don't look too narrow, so I suspect the front photo effect is due to too high positioning of the camera. I can't see the waist and hip part of the trousers, but what we can see, looks nicely done. Congrats.

          Now, how did you score these JABs for this low? I can't seem to find them for less than $50.

          Comment


            [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] the side profile is good. Not perfect, but good. A little tight in the hip still and the tropical wool is so light it creates a little interference, but definitely not a deal breaker. I think need to go up one more size still. I didn't go that slim either. It looks like they're super slim in the front picture, but I actually kept them at 15.75". I'll see if I can get a side profile.
            [MENTION=11780]CMAc7[/MENTION] thank you very much! That's a big compliment, thank you sir. Yeah, the tie... I really liked the purple but I should had went with a knit, I agree. I'll see if I can get a shot of the rise for you. No pleats, they're flay front.


            Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

            Comment


              [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION] thanks! Yeah, like I just told JBarwick, they're about 15.75", so it's the camera positioning.

              The JAB website had them for that price about 3 weeks ago, but when I added them to the cart they kept going up to $50. So I called CS and they adjusted the price for me, but after that they went back up on the website. So I got lucky. Should had gotten more.

              Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

              Comment


                [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION] [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION]
                Here is a side shot of the trouser fit and it's taper. Not as aggressive as it looks from the side. Not a perfect fit, but i feel it's a marked improvement for me! Please excuse the end of day wrinkles.
                [MENTION=11780]CMAc7[/MENTION]
                Here is a shot without the jacket for you, so you can see the rise.


                Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                Comment


                  [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] those are just about perfect. I have become more partial to the higher rise over the last year or so. The Spier & MacKay Contemporary fit has been my go to, but at the price you got that JAB pair, they would definitely be worth a go.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    That's a great profile. I assume some SFers may pick at it but it is better than 95% out there!

                    Comment


                      [MENTION=11780]CMAc7[/MENTION] thanks again. I really want to get my hands on some S&M trousers, that have some great fabrics and textures. I thought it would be wise to start with te JABs until I dialed in my fit, especially for the price. I got 2 wools, 1 wool/cashmere 1 cord, and 2 twills from them, all for less than $ 35 a pair. Quality is decent at that price point.

                      Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                        That's a great profile. I assume some SFers may pick at it but it is better than 95% out there!
                        [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION]

                        ^ This above all.

                        Now, to take this a step further, I think your own assessment is spot on. These are a bit tight at the hip, leading to a slight pocket flare. I can imagine that with movement, this will be a little more pronounced. Overall, still much better compared to your previous tries, and they look great. Enjoy them. Sizing up and tailoring more would overcome the hip issue. In addition, the same fit but pleated may also work quite well.
                        Cheers.

                        Comment


                          Thanks [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION]

                          I'm actually highly considering getting some pleats. I never thought I would, but recently I've seen a lot of great looks on men with builds similar to mine wearing high rise, cuffed, pleated trousers and it looks fantastic. Very elegant

                          Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                            Thanks [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION]

                            I'm actually highly considering getting some pleats. I never thought I would, but recently I've seen a lot of great looks on men with builds similar to mine wearing high rise, cuffed, pleated trousers and it looks fantastic. Very elegant

                            Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
                            I agree. Some high-rise, slim-fit single-forward-pleat cuffed trousers look awesome and I hope to find a good pair that don't break the bank.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                              I agree. Some high-rise, slim-fit single-forward-pleat cuffed trousers look awesome and I hope to find a good pair that don't break the bank.
                              This. Forward pleats do seem hard to find for a reasonable price though. Charles Tyrwhitt has them in their suit section for $200, prone to sales of course. I'm sure about the rise though. I've also read that Ralph Lauren offers them pretty standard on their Blue Label.

                              Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                                This. Forward pleats do seem hard to find for a reasonable price though. Charles Tyrwhitt has them in their suit section for $200, prone to sales of course. I'm sure about the rise though. I've also read that Ralph Lauren offers them pretty standard on their Blue Label.

                                Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
                                Spier & MacKay will make you a pair of custom trousers starting around $150. You can add whatever pleat orientation you want plus the obvious benefit of a custom fit.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X