Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    So the question to my mind [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION], is would you purchase from them again? And can you compare the quality to a SuSu suit?
    Obviously, I'm not [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION], but here is my take.

    I now have 4 S&M suits. Bought one, really, liked it, so I just bought 3-more during the last sale even though I didn't really need them. The only complaint I have is the sizing was a little different on each one. They are all Contemporary Fit, but you have to go into the Description tab to realize that some are Contemporary Fit, some are Contemporary Fit Model 2, and one is even Contemporary Fit Model 2.1. They should make that more obvious on their web page. Worse, the size chart lists them as having the same chest, shoulder, and waist measurements, but the Contemporary Fit Model 2 is definitely bigger. I will need to get it tailored while the others fit OTR. The Contemporary Fit seems to fit much slimmer, but even those two have some slight variation. The Contemporary Fit Model 2.1 which is suppose to have a softer shoulder is sort of an in between. It is the first one I bought, and it is my favorite.

    In comparison to SS, I would say build quality is better than the Blue Line Napoli I owned. I also prefer the fabric of the S&M over the Blue Line. I can not speak to the Purple Line. I do have some more textured jackets from SS that have better fabric than the S&M suits, but then I'm not sure we are comparing apples-to-apples since they are textured-blends. The big advantage for me in S&M over SS is the cut of the pants. I cannot wear SS pants because of the slim thighs and huge taper. I will still need to have all my S&M pants tailored to pinch the waist and maybe take up the crotch so I don't have droopy butt, but at least there is something to work with. The Contemporary has a slightly higher rise than I prefer, but is workable. The Slim has a better lower rise, but then the thighs would not work.

    Comment


      Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      How are those Barney's ties? I was looking at that same one but was skeptical.
      Well, I like this one. It's the only Barney's tie that I own. It's raw silk, not shantung, so there is plenty of texture but no hugely pronounced slubby lines. The tie seems well made and it's definitely worth the thirty-something dollars I paid for it. I'm really not an expert on ties, but it's clearly better quality than the Knottery (at least a few years ago, I haven't bought anything from the recently). If you want a textured tie and like the colors, I'd recommend it.

      Comment


        Originally posted by connersw View Post
        Obviously, I'm not [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION], but here is my take.

        I now have 4 S&M suits. Bought one, really, liked it, so I just bought 3-more during the last sale even though I didn't really need them. The only complaint I have is the sizing was a little different on each one. They are all Contemporary Fit, but you have to go into the Description tab to realize that some are Contemporary Fit, some are Contemporary Fit Model 2, and one is even Contemporary Fit Model 2.1. They should make that more obvious on their web page. Worse, the size chart lists them as having the same chest, shoulder, and waist measurements, but the Contemporary Fit Model 2 is definitely bigger. I will need to get it tailored while the others fit OTR. The Contemporary Fit seems to fit much slimmer, but even those two have some slight variation. The Contemporary Fit Model 2.1 which is suppose to have a softer shoulder is sort of an in between. It is the first one I bought, and it is my favorite.

        In comparison to SS, I would say build quality is better than the Blue Line Napoli I owned. I also prefer the fabric of the S&M over the Blue Line. I can not speak to the Purple Line. I do have some more textured jackets from SS that have better fabric than the S&M suits, but then I'm not sure we are comparing apples-to-apples since they are textured-blends. The big advantage for me in S&M over SS is the cut of the pants. I cannot wear SS pants because of the slim thighs and huge taper. I will still need to have all my S&M pants tailored to pinch the waist and maybe take up the crotch so I don't have droopy butt, but at least there is something to work with. The Contemporary has a slightly higher rise than I prefer, but is workable. The Slim has a better lower rise, but then the thighs would not work.
        I would say, looking at S&M and SuSu size charts, the thigh sizing of the trousers of the latter is what keeps me from trying to own one. 21" won't really cut it for me as even though I'm a small dude, I have 22" thighs.

        S&M is perfect having 24.5" of room.
        5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

        Comment


          [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] What fit did you go with on your S&M suit? I have similar dimensions as you and I've been going back and forth between the slim and contemporary. Also, is yours really a 36R over a 36S?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Geo View Post
            [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] What fit did you go with on your S&M suit? I have similar dimensions as you and I've been going back and forth between the slim and contemporary. Also, is yours really a 36R over a 36S?
            What I got is a 36R Slim as I don't really have any choice because that grey check suit was on clearance for a while now.

            I had the sleeves shortened and that's it. I really like the fit - hugs my waist properly without being too snug.

            But if I had the option, I would've definitely gone for the 36S as it has a shorter tail. I'm only 5'6" and 29" jackets looks a tad too long for me.

            28" would've been a sweet spot.
            5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

            Comment


              Thanks [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION]. I'm about an inch shorter than you so I'll definitely go for the 36S Slim.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Geo View Post
                Thanks [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION]. I'm about an inch shorter than you so I'll definitely go for the 36S Slim.
                You betcha! Good luck with the purchase!

                Friday getup:


                Blazer, Shirt, Chinos: Gap
                Woven belt: BR
                PS: thrifted
                Chukkas: Merona
                5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

                Comment


                  Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                  You betcha! Good luck with the purchase!

                  Friday getup:


                  Blazer, Shirt, Chinos: Gap
                  Woven belt: BR
                  PS: thrifted
                  Chukkas: Merona


                  smart crafts of GAP
                  Eat what is good for your health but
                  Wear what is good for your and others eyes

                  Comment




                    SuSu Lazio brown linen, CT light blue gingham, BB tie. Not pictured: AE bourbon daltons.

                    Gordon Biersch, 9th & F in DC.
                    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

                    Comment



                      SS
                      Spier & Mackay
                      Knottery
                      Bonobos
                      SS
                      Gagliardi ps

                      Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                      Comment




                        H&M Tee & leather jacket
                        Old Navy denim, custom distressing
                        Converse
                        New Wayfarers prescription
                        Casio with Barton NATO
                        5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

                        Comment


                          [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - what S&M collar is that? did you MTM?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                            [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - what S&M collar is that? did you MTM?
                            Yeah, it's MTM. It was my test shirt. This one has the Italian spread on it with a touch of added length. I got a variety of collars. I'll post them when the rest arrive.

                            Comment


                              [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] how do you like your leather jacket? What's the quality like?

                              Comment





                                from a recent wedding, my first real suit

                                S&M suit
                                BR shirt
                                tiebar tie
                                bulova watch
                                orion belt
                                AE strands

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X