• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shoe deets?

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
      Shoe deets?
      Navy suede double monks from JC/Alfred Sargent. They somehow dropped to $100 one or two years ago when JC was clearing them out

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
        Navy suede double monks from JC/Alfred Sargent. They somehow dropped to $100 one or two years ago when JC was clearing them out

Oh those! Crazy steal, I had an opportunity to grab them but passed like a dummy, thinking I had too many shoes at the time. I did, but I've since sold most everything from that era. Those I would have kept. Nice shoes!

Comment

Oh those! Crazy steal, I had an opportunity to grab them but passed like a dummy, thinking I had too many shoes at the time. I did, but I've since sold most everything from that era. Those I would have kept. Nice shoes!
          Thanks! Yeah, really crazy steal. I almost didn't get them 'cause they're not very versatile tbh. Now I wish I would've gotten the boots they were clearing out as well

Comment

Shoe deets?
            I like your shirt, I mean color combination and the check size. And your Owl mug is great.
            Eat what is good for your health but
            Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

WIWT

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
              I like your shirt, I mean color combination and the check size. And your Owl mug is great.
              Thanks!

This is the shirt on JCF, may be $10 right now if the current promo code applies.
              Edit: https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-cloth...9208/49208.jsp

The owl mug is from Harry Potter World in Orlando haha

Comment

A week after receiving this in the mail, gone through the tailor, finally here it is:

First S&M suit.
                The trouser inseam are longer than what I wanted. Might need another half inch shortening as I'm never a fan of full break pants.

36R and fit of the jacket waist is spot on. Only had to shorten the sleeves.
                If only the shoulders don't divot and absolute perfect, this could have passed as a MTO.
                Trouser waist leaves no room for lunch and beer though, although I can live with it.
                I'm actually thinking of removing the belt loops.
                Last edited by AsianDapper; September 1, 2016, 11:35 AM.
                5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

So the question to my mind [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION], is would you purchase from them again? And can you compare the quality to a SuSu suit?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    So the question to my mind [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION], is would you purchase from them again? And can you compare the quality to a SuSu suit?
                    I would definitely purchase from them again for sure! Given that I really like how both jacket and trousers fit without crazy alterations, this is a real winner for me. And me being in the great white north makes it easy to return something should I need to.

And sorry, I have no SuSu suit yet.

I'm eyeing this Lazio light gray wool flannel but let's see if I can convince the wife first.

Comment

[MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] awesome fit, looks great!
                      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Hi again - it's been a while. Last couple of days; trying out two new ties. Second one might be too monotone with the shirt and jacket.

Lands End linen-cotton jacket
                        Barney's silk tie (from the warehouse, $30)
                        J Crew Bowery linen pants (on sale, about $30)
                        Brooks Brothers shirt (thrifted)
                        Franklin & Freeman Venetian loafers (are you kidding me, $18 and worth every penny)
                        Orient watch

Tombolini jacket (a steal, $100 on Yoox)
                        Berg & Berg bourette tie ($39)
                        Brooks Brothers shirt (eBay)
                        Haggar khaki pants (thrifted)
                        F&F Venetian loafers

Comment

[MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] I think you just tipped the scale for me in favor of S&M my friend. I've wondered how S&M would fit someone with a similar frame to me. Suit looks real good!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                            [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] awesome fit, looks great!
                            Thank you sir.

Originally posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
                            [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] I think you just tipped the scale for me in favor of S&M my friend. I've wondered how S&M would fit someone with a similar frame to me. Suit looks real good!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                            Thanks!

Of all the suit jackets I've tried on (both no-brand and good ones like J.Crew, Boss, etc) S&M are the most spot-on with regards to my torso proportions. And it doesn't happen all the time.

The material is very nice and light (275gsm iirc) and drapes well!

Comment

Ok [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION], as a fellow Great White North person, I'll give S&M a try for my next suit. I was holding out for another SuSu model, but as [MENTION=11794]jharrisonbarrett[/MENTION] said you may have just tipped the scales.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                                Hi again - it's been a while. Last couple of days; trying out two new ties. Second one might be too monotone with the shirt and jacket.

Lands End linen-cotton jacket
                                Barney's silk tie (from the warehouse, $30)
                                J Crew Bowery linen pants (on sale, about $30)
                                Brooks Brothers shirt (thrifted)
                                Franklin & Freeman Venetian loafers (are you kidding me, $18 and worth every penny)
                                Orient watch

Tombolini jacket (a steal, $100 on Yoox)
                                Berg & Berg bourette tie ($39)
                                Brooks Brothers shirt (eBay)
                                Haggar khaki pants (thrifted)
                                F&F Venetian loafers
                                How are those Barney's ties? I was looking at that same one but was skeptical.

Comment

Working...
                                X