Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was in college 10 years ago, everyone was pretty much in hoodies and jeans all the time. And The North Face jackets and fleeces.
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      When I was in college 10 years ago, everyone was pretty much in hoodies and jeans all the time. And The North Face jackets and fleeces.
      15 years ago we had a lot of cargo pants and t-shirts. Hoodies. Sweats.

Was just walking on a campus for the first time in years this spring. The "relaxed" look was still there, but what struck me most was the conformity of it. 95% of the females I saw had on black tights and a fleece, plus boots. 95% of the guys were in hoodies and sweatpants, plus sneakers.

That was it. I actually thought the craziest part was all the girls' tights were even the same color. It was bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by phatte View Post
        15 years ago we had a lot of cargo pants and t-shirts. Hoodies. Sweats.

Was just walking on a campus for the first time in years this spring. The "relaxed" look was still there, but what struck me most was the conformity of it. 95% of the females I saw had on black tights and a fleece, plus boots. 95% of the guys were in hoodies and sweatpants, plus sneakers.

That was it. I actually thought the craziest part was all the girls' tights were even the same color. It was bizarre.
        20 years ago, all flannel, hoodies, cargo pants and baggy jeans. We had a friend who wore khakis and polos and we all thought he was such a dandy.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Same timeframe as me. And this is what I saw as well.

Comment

SS Washington and tie from the outlet sale
            S&M shirt
            Bonobos Foundation cotton trousers
            Gagliardi linen square
            AE 2nd Strands in bourbon

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post

S&M shirt
              Gagliardi linen square

Very nice

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a fantastic looking jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                  That's a fantastic looking jacket.
                  Thanks! I'm really pleased with it. SS sent me the wrong size from the outlet, so they gave me and even exchange for this current one. Worked out nicely!

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post

S&M shirt
                    Gagliardi linen square

overall awesome, just wondering how the jacket looks when all three buttons are buttoned up.
                    Eat what is good for your health but
                    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
                      overall awesome, just wondering how the jacket looks when all three buttons are buttoned up.
                      All three buttons are never buttoned, it's a three roll two jacket, the top button is essentially for decoration. Regardless, you would really only ever button the middle button on a three button jacket anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                        All three buttons are never buttoned, it's a three roll two jacket, the top button is essentially for decoration. Regardless, you would really only ever button the middle button on a three button jacket anyway.
                        Thank you for the information.
                        Eat what is good for your health but
                        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

How do you like those arms on the washington? I have one and it's really on the verge of being uncomfortable, and I'm not hulk hogan or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                            How do you like those arms on the washington? I have one and it's really on the verge of being uncomfortable, and I'm not hulk hogan or anything.
                            Well, I love the way they look! But, yes they are on the verge of too slim. Not quite though. I was able to play a drum kit during a performance yesterday, and I noticed minimal interference, (No popped seams either[emoji4] ) so I'm calling it good.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                              Thanks for the kind words.

I hope to influence other guys that you don't have to be dressed top to toe with branded and expensive clothes to look dapper. And that's not to say I hate those brands and discourage anybody from buying but you get the idea.

There's something in me that thinks that newbies here in the board are discouraged to post their WIWT because their suit isn't SuSu, their collar roll isn't Kamakura-ish enough, ties aren't 7-fold or their shoes aren't AEs.

Be fit to look fit.
                              This.Thanks for demonstrating!

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJasV1Kg4w5/

Polo: Jcrew
                                Pants: Bonobos
                                Loafers: Aldens
                                Watch: Casio

Comment

Working...
                                X