Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
    And now for something completely different... Well not that different, but trying a grey dress shirt for the first time in ages. Fitting look for the rainy day today in NYC.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that the Combat Gent summit line tie? How do you like it?
    Last edited by firemunkee; August 11, 2016, 09:26 AM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
      Is that the Combat Gent summit line tie? How do you like it?
      Nope, suit supply from the outlet two openings ago. Worth the $20 I paid for it.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


        Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
        Awesome look -- I may need a burgundy tie now haha.
        Is that a Napoli? I think I may have the same suit. SuitSupply really knows how to do it, but have never tried their shirts. How do you find their shirts at retail? Decent value?


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Thanks! Although the tie is rust, not burgundy. Looks great with either:



        Suit is Lazio. I have tried Napoli a few times but the cut doesn't work for me (structured shoulder throws it off).

        As for the shirts, I have a few from the Purple Line and think they are great for the money. High quality fabric and they wear extremely well. The 16.5L fits me almost perfect OTR, so I opted for SS over Ratio for that reason. That said, the Blue Line shirts were a bit disappointing- felt much cheaper and they wear down quicker over time.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


          Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
          Nope, suit supply from the outlet two openings ago. Worth the $20 I paid for it.
          Worth the $20 I paid for mine as well. I bought the one I'm wearing today at the same time I bought the one I have like yours





          Spier & Mackay Wool/Linen Jacket
          Spier & Mackay Shirt
          SuitSupply Tie
          Tie Bar Pocket Square
          Orient Bambino Watch
          J. Crew Windowpane Trousers
          Jack Erwin Charlie Loafers
          Last edited by CJMichaelRay; August 11, 2016, 12:12 PM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Ginger Gent View Post

            Shoes: BR

            Pants: Old Navy (pale mint color, hard to tell from the pic)

            Shirt: Nordstrom

            Jacket: J. Crew

            Let me know what you think. Thanks!
            I like it. Which BR shoes are those?

            Comment


              [QUOTE=CJMichaelRay;250847][QUOTE=hornsup84;250826]Nope, suit supply from the outlet two openings ago. Worth the $20 I paid for it.

              Worth the $20 I paid for mine as well. I bought the one I'm wearing today at the same time I bought the one I have like yours





              Spier & Mackay Wool/Linen Jacket
              Spier & Mackay Shirt
              SuitSupply Tie
              Tie Bar Pocket Square
              Orient Bambino Watch
              J. Crew Windowpane Trousers
              Jack Erwin Charlie Loafers
              I have the same jacket. Really like it. Very breezy for the scorching summer.

              Comment


                Originally posted by doomx View Post
                I have the same jacket. Really like it. Very breezy for the scorching summer.
                It's the hottest day we've had all summer in Dallas, supposed to get to like 107, I think. I definitely needed a breezy jacket!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                  I like it. Which BR shoes are those?
                  Unfortunately I can't recall the model name. Just know they're gray suede double-monks. I got them on steep discount while walking through one of the brick-and-mortar stores a year or two ago. Total impulse buy but I love them.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    J.Crew
                    Curses, all their dark options have white buttons now. Thanks for the tip, though. I'll keep an eye on them.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Ginger Gent View Post
                      Wore this today for a creative conference being held at our office and I really like how it came together. Apologies for the photo - only full length mirror around was in the restroom.



                      Definitely not formal wear but working in a creative/casual office it seemed to strike a good balance.


                      Shoes: BR

                      Pants: Old Navy (pale mint color, hard to tell from the pic)

                      Shirt: Nordstrom

                      Jacket: J. Crew

                      Let me know what you think. Thanks!
                      Boy oh boy is the color thrown off in this pic. Pants look mid gray and shoes look brown!
                      Duncan

                      I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

                      Comment


                        Doing it raw today





                        J. Crew Factory jacket
                        Spier & Mackay Oxford
                        SuitSupply Tie
                        Kent Wang Pocket Square
                        Orient Bambino Watch
                        Thrifted Brooks Brothers trousers
                        GH Bass Monk Straps

                        Comment


                          I was inspired by Joe's "Smart Casual Outfit for Under $100" article from a month or so ago, so I bought the green JCF pants he wad featured. Putting it all together today.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                            Doing it raw today
                            J. Crew Factory jacket
                            Spier & Mackay Oxford
                            SuitSupply Tie
                            Kent Wang Pocket Square
                            Orient Bambino Watch
                            Thrifted Brooks Brothers trousers
                            GH Bass Monk Straps
                            Someone had that tie for sale and I almost picked it up. Whole fit looks good though.

                            Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                            I was inspired by Joe's "Smart Casual Outfit for Under $100" article from a month or so ago, so I bought the green JCF pants he wad featured. Putting it all together today.
                            I don't know how I would pair those pants. The color is tough and the blue polo may not have been the best choice but could work in person. Maybe it is the bright contrast of the belt? Good keeping the Dappered spirit though of <$100. I would had an issue with shoes if I tried that.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                              I don't know how I would pair those pants. The color is tough and the blue polo may not have been the best choice but could work in person. Maybe it is the bright contrast of the belt? Good keeping the Dappered spirit though of <$100. I would had an issue with shoes if I tried that.
                              Yea the pants color is definitely the "wildest" pair of pants ive ever purchased. However, Joe actually paired it with a navy polo in the article: https://dappered.com/2016/07/the-und...t-still-sharp/

                              He went with a dark, solid belt, and white sneakers though, which changes the look a little.

                              Comment


                                WIWT

                                Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                                Yea the pants color is definitely the "wildest" pair of pants ive ever purchased. However, Joe actually paired it with a navy polo in the article: https://dappered.com/2016/07/the-und...t-still-sharp/

                                He went with a dark, solid belt, and white sneakers though, which changes the look a little.
                                I think your rendition looks just fine. A darker navy like in Joe's acts as a neutral for the outfit, which makes it a little less of a color on color pairing, which makes it more grounded and easier to wear.

                                I do something relatively similar w a navy polo and some mint/light green pants that I think looks sharp. Colored pants like this also go great with a white OCBD or other shirt.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X