• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mind the goofy pose.

SS Hudson, BB OCBD, Levi's jeans, 1901 dubmonks, Nomos watch on NATO
    Ben

Comment

And now for something completely different... Well not that different, but trying a grey dress shirt for the first time in ages. Fitting look for the rainy day today in NYC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good. I do this look often.

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
        And now for something completely different... Well not that different, but trying a grey dress shirt for the first time in ages. Fitting look for the rainy day today in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
          Looks good. I do this look often.
          Thanks - I think the grey is super useful and a way to tone down off stark white shirts in some outfits (other than light blue). Ratio just hadn't offered a dress grey before and I hadn't seen any OTR I liked. I'll wait a little to see how it holds up, but could see myself adding a second into my wardrobe.

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
            I never would have picked that color shirt with those pants, but balanced with the trench, it looks fantastic. I really like this look. Are those the J.Crew linen pants that were just on sale? I grabbed a pair of those too.

PS: Marry a drug rep. Lots of free Yeti's if you don't mind a little corporate branding on them.

Good to see [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] posting in WIWT again. Always impeccable fits.

Comment

Suit/Shirt: SuitSupply
              Tie: Chipp
              Belt/Shoes: AE

Comment

Thanks - I think the grey is super useful and a way to tone down off stark white shirts in some outfits (other than light blue). Ratio just hadn't offered a dress grey before and I hadn't seen any OTR I liked. I'll wait a little to see how it holds up, but could see myself adding a second into my wardrobe.
                I find that grey shirts go well with navy ties (like yours) as well as dark burgundy/wine/dark purple.
                It may be a bit dark for some but I also wear a grey shirt similar to that with charcoal ties and a charcoal suit quite a bit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                  Don't you love that rust color with navy? Helps that I'm a Longhorn, but I think it pairs very nicely.

Comment

Don't you love that rust color with navy? Helps that I'm a Longhorn, but I think it pairs very nicely.
                    Agreed. Even an Aggie undergrad like myself can appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                      I find that grey shirts go well with navy ties (like yours) as well as dark burgundy/wine/dark purple.
                      It may be a bit dark for some but I also wear a grey shirt similar to that with charcoal ties and a charcoal suit quite a bit as well.
                      Agreed, my general wardrobe color palette features tons of blues/navy paired with other blues, plus burgundy/wine/purple, so I think it'll fit in nicely overall. I've just been so ingrained with white/blue shirt only that it'll take some getting used to for me.

Agreed. Even an Aggie undergrad like myself can appreciate it.
                      Well, we all have faults I wear my burgundy (close enough to maroon) plenty, but no where close to Saturdays during the Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
                        I never would have picked that color shirt with those pants, but balanced with the trench, it looks fantastic. I really like this look. Are those the J.Crew linen pants that were just on sale? I grabbed a pair of those too.

PS: Marry a drug rep. Lots of free Yeti's if you don't mind a little corporate branding on them.

Good to see [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] posting in WIWT again. Always impeccable fits.
                        Thanks! And yep, they're the JC linen pants that are on sale at the moment. The color is great, a subtle enough green so it can be a foundation piece but still very unique.

I agree the shirt and pants combo is a stretch. Ever since finding Dappered a couple years ago, I've been trying these "style stretches" to get out of my comfort zone. A couple summers ago; I would've felt trench coats, boots, and bright shirts "too flashy" individually. Thanks to Joe and the Dappered forum for widening my eyes!

Comment

Awesome look -- I may need a burgundy tie now haha.
                          Is that a Napoli? I think I may have the same suit. SuitSupply really knows how to do it, but have never tried their shirts. How do you find their shirts at retail? Decent value?

Comment

Btw, the Ozark Trail tumblers from Amazon/Walmart are basically as effective as the Yetis, and considerably less expensive
                            I have two of the Ozark tumblers; one at home and another at work. Loved them so much, I bought them for most of my family.
                            We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Awesome look -- I may need a burgundy tie now haha.
                              Is that a Napoli? I think I may have the same suit. SuitSupply really knows how to do it, but have never tried their shirts. How do you find their shirts at retail? Decent value?

You know that tie is rust orange, not burgundy, right?

Comment

Wore this today for a creative conference being held at our office and I really like how it came together. Apologies for the photo - only full length mirror around was in the restroom.

Definitely not formal wear but working in a creative/casual office it seemed to strike a good balance.

Shoes: BR

Pants: Old Navy (pale mint color, hard to tell from the pic)

Shirt: Nordstrom

Jacket: J. Crew

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X