X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
    Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
    Geez, haha what a sucker punch! I'm still fighting SS customer service on that. Can't wait to see pics of you wearing it!

In regards to your request; yes, I suppose I could. I mainly stopped posting brands because 1. Sometimes I really am not a fan on the brand that I am wearing, so I don't want it to be known. And, 2. I like to let the outfit make the impression, not who made. I know that I can make a snap judgment by seeing a name tag some and look right past whether or not it looks good. I also started cross posting a bit on StyleForm and there is no way I could ever play on the same level a lot of those gents do, so I never say what I'm wearing if I post there. I just keep quite and listen!

Today we have - Plenty of SuitSupply, Spier & Mackay shirt collar polo, and Bonobos pants.

I would also like to add that I have no idea what is going on with my jacket shoulder in that first pic, but that's not an accurate depiction of the fit.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
    I think speak for most by saying that I'm not a brand whore and if you got all your clothes from Wal-Mart I wouldn't be less impressed (I'd be much, much more impressed). But if I see something I like it's nice to be able to go check it out online.
    This. I, for one, would be really interested to know what the brands are, especially if they aren't the more popular choices, so I would know where else to look and save some $. I think your photos speak for themselves Keep up the good work.

Comment

Thank you so much, [MENTION=12296]firemunkee[/MENTION]!

I'll start posting brands and models.

Comment

I think, early on in this thread's life, part of the reason for listing brands was to show how good an outfit you could put together without having to spend very much money. (Lots of Target, Old Navy, H&M, thrift store finds, eBay finds, etc.) Since the forum has "grown up" a little bit and the members have gotten more aspirational with their purchases, some of that ethos has been lost a little bit.
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
          I try to pull off this look, and it just doesn't work on me, so I'm a little jealous about that. The only thing I would suggest is going with a smoother fabric for the polo, like a pima cotton.
          John, I totally agree with you. I think I finer polo, preferably Pima, would have blended in better. the one thing I didn't like was the way the polo didn't really blend. But, my polo stock is pretty limited. Basically just a handful of solids from S&M and Gap.

Comment

those look really nice!

Thank you!

Comment

SS jacket, S&M shirt, thrifted tie, Target pocket square, LE belt and chinos, Rancourt loafers not shown, GMT Master IIc
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

SS jacket, S&M shirt, thrifted tie, Target pocket square, LE belt and chinos, Rancourt loafers not shown, GMT Master IIc
                I like this outfit, but if I were to offer one proposed change, it would be the choice of pants. The low rise on those particular pants isn't terribly flattering with a sport coat, so I'd have gone with a higher rise. I'd also have chosen a slightly dressier style trouser. Nothing wrong with chinos, but with that particular outfit (maybe it's just the tie?), I'd have made a different choice. Overall solid look, though.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

Goof look man. Is that a cotton Copenhagen?

Comment

Goof look man. Is that a cotton Copenhagen?

Yep, Copenhagen.

I snapped a better pic over lunch. Shows the blue color better, anyway. It's more of a true blue than a navy.

Ben

Comment

Yep, Copenhagen.

I snapped a better pic over lunch. Shows the blue color better, anyway. It's more of a true blue than a navy.
                      I wasn't sure I'd love it, but got a true blue style blazer and I've really come around to loving it. It feels much more alive than traditional navy IMO.

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] yeah that's nice. I have the same one!

Comment

Yep, Copenhagen.

Good look, I like the shirt colors. What collar on the S&M shirt? Would it stand (without magnetic collar stays) without a tie and the top button open?

Ordering some from S&M soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
                            Good look, I like the shirt colors. What collar on the S&M shirt? Would it stand (without magnetic collar stays) without a tie and the top button open?

Ordering some from S&M soon!
                            I'm pretty sure it's the semi-spread? Works ok without a tie. Metal collar stays would probably improve things in that department but I am too lazy to care about that kind of thing.

Here's a pic of the same shirt (different pattern) sans tie. https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...32&oe=5857E7F7
                            Ben

Comment

Inspired by todays Best Of... post. Haven't done a WIWT in a while.

Shirt and jacket are S&M (thanks [MENTION=4365]Justang06[/MENTION]) and the shoes and pants are BR.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Still working on losing that vacation weight. Getting close, though!

Spier & Mackay jacket
                                Tie Bar PS
                                SuitSupply Tie
                                Charles Tyrwhitt shirt
                                J. Crew trousers
                                Orient Bambino watch
                                Thrifted Shell Longwings

Comment

Working...
                                X