This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madmanSCDP View Post
    Nice combo. Side note, how long do you keep the hair on the top of your head usually? I'm never sure how long to leave it at the barber and either go too long or too short.
    Well, not too sure. I get a pretty severe undercut (shaved-in part on one side, tapered/blended on the other) and then let it grow out for about 6 weeks. Here's what it looks like right after it's been cut. This was on the 4th of July. It's maybe 3" at the longest right now. I do generally have to use some product to shape it after it's been cut, but after a couple weeks it will lay where I want it to on its own.

Ben

Comment

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

I try to pull off this look, and it just doesn't work on me, so I'm a little jealous about that. The only thing I would suggest is going with a smoother fabric for the polo, like a pima cotton.

Comment

Took my new Alden pennies for a spin.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIiDwkHg...en-by=jyang486

Jacket: Jcrew
          Shirt: Nordstrom
          Tie: Brooks Brothers
          Pants: Bonobos
          Shoes: Alden
          Watch: Casio

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post

those single monks are killing it, kinda makes me sad that i missed them now..but you'll feel the same way once i start posting pics in my washington!

request: you have some killer items, could you start listing where they are from from now on? i'm sure a lot of the members here would appreciate it

Comment

Crap photo but... Sunday lake day

Sundek trunks, one gallon of sunscreen, Casio watch not pictured
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                Crap photo but... Sunday lake day

Sundek trunks, one gallon of sunscreen, Casio watch not pictured
                Legs! Is that your black dog? [emoji14]

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                  those single monks are killing it, kinda makes me sad that i missed them now..but you'll feel the same way once i start posting pics in my washington!

request: you have some killer items, could you start listing where they are from from now on? i'm sure a lot of the members here would appreciate it
                  Geez, haha what a sucker punch! I'm still fighting SS customer service on that. Can't wait to see pics of you wearing it!

In regards to your request; yes, I suppose I could. I mainly stopped posting brands because 1. Sometimes I really am not a fan on the brand that I am wearing, so I don't want it to be known. And, 2. I like to let the outfit make the impression, not who made. I know that I can make a snap judgment by seeing a name tag some and look right past whether or not it looks good. I also started cross posting a bit on StyleForm and there is no way I could ever play on the same level a lot of those gents do, so I never say what I'm wearing if I post there. I just keep quite and listen!

Today we have - Plenty of SuitSupply, Spier & Mackay shirt collar polo, and Bonobos pants.

I would also like to add that I have no idea what is going on with my jacket shoulder in that first pic, but that's not an accurate depiction of the fit.

Comment

Geez, haha what a sucker punch! I'm still fighting SS customer service on that. Can't wait to see pics of you wearing it!

In regards to your request; yes, I suppose I could. I mainly stopped posting brands because 1. Sometimes I really am not a fan on the brand that I am wearing, so I don't want it to be known. And, 2. I like to let the outfit make the impression, not who made. I know that I can make a snap judgment by seeing a name tag some and look right past whether or not it looks good. I also started cross posting a bit on StyleForm and there is no way I could ever play on the same level a lot of those gents do, so I never say what I'm wearing if I post there. I just keep quite and listen!

Today we have - Plenty of SuitSupply, Spier & Mackay shirt collar polo, and Bonobos pants.

I would also like to add that I have no idea what is going on with my jacket shoulder in that first pic, but that's not an accurate depiction of the fit.

I like this a lot. This fit in chino pants works great.

Comment

Legs! Is that your black dog? [emoji14]

This is the successor dog... sadly the original lesser black dog died almost exactly a year ago at 13 years old.
                      Ben

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION]!

Comment

Awesome jacket, and suits you. Thumbs up
                          Eat what is good for your health but
                          Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

I think speak for most by saying that I'm not a brand whore and if you got all your clothes from Wal-Mart I wouldn't be less impressed (I'd be much, much more impressed). But if I see something I like it's nice to be able to go check it out online.
                            Last edited by Alpha King; August 1, 2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                              I think speak for most by saying that I'm not a brand whore and if you got all your clothes from Wal-Mart I wouldn't be less impressed (I'd be much, much more impressed). But if I see something I like it's nice to be able to go check it out online.
                              Ah, if I came across as a brand whore or snobbish when I said that, that isn't what I meant by any means. I'm not in the least. I just meant I like the outfit to make the impression without the brand having any weight, because I don't really consider it important. But like [MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION] said, I should so that others can hunt it down if thru like

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                                Took my new Alden pennies for a spin.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIiDwkHg...en-by=jyang486

Jacket: Jcrew
                                Shirt: Nordstrom
                                Tie: Brooks Brothers
                                Pants: Bonobos
                                Shoes: Alden
                                Watch: Casio
                                those look really nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X