Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That jacket is not flattering. It is very short and looks all around small.

Comment

Thanks! Yea the jacket is a little short but I'm not too bothered by it. It is a great one for the summer due to the loose weave and the fact that it is completely unlined. The pants are contemporary fit in medium grey.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        Much happier with this combo, though it leans a bit Southern frat boy for me.
        The first shirt looked good to me, but this does look better.

I wouldn't worry about looking "southern frat boy" in something like this. I've never seen a frat boy in the south wear something this distinctive. Boring blazers and chinos are a lot more likely there. This is maybe the way people imagine southerners dressing, but they don't. I don't think I ever saw anyone in the south wearing a seersucker jacket, except maybe a couple of older guys.

Comment

Originally posted by menvo90 View Post
          Thanks! Yea the jacket is a little short but I'm not too bothered by it. It is a great one for the summer due to the loose weave and the fact that it is completely unlined. The pants are contemporary fit in medium grey.
          The shortness isn't a problem to me. That's just a kinda trendy thing for a sportjacket. However, it does look like it's very tight. The way that the jacket flairs out under the button and how much it's pulling on the button tells me that you need to take it to the tailor to try to let out the side seams, if possible. I get what you're saying with the loose weave being great for summer, but you know what negates the breathability of a loose weave? A strangling tight fit. You need some room for the air to circulate

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            I switched shirts at lunch. Much happier with this combo, though it leans a bit Southern frat boy for me.

Nice combo. Side note, how long do you keep the hair on the top of your head usually? I'm never sure how long to leave it at the barber and either go too long or too short.

Comment

Sport coat: S&M MTM
              Shirt: S&M MTM
              Trousers: Luxire MTM
              Shoes: Johnston & Murphy

Crap pic, but I like the look. Higher rise trousers for the win. Loafers were thrifted for $5 this week.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by madmanSCDP View Post
                Side note, how long do you keep the hair on the top of your head usually? I'm never sure how long to leave it at the barber and either go too long or too short.
                I know you didn't ask me, but my hair's pretty similar to Ben's. My hair's ~5in long on the top, save for a couple spots in the back and then the left edge where it blends into the sides. If I take it too short, the part doesn't lay down well; it tends to stick up. I err on the side of too long.

Comment

Shirt: Civilianaire
                  Shorts: J.Crew Club
                  Shoes: Converse

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post

Shirt: Civilianaire
                    Shorts: J.Crew Club
                    Shoes: Converse
                    I really like Civilianaire stuff. They're actually having a big blow out sale right now. Henleys like the one you're wearing are going for $21, down from $80.

https://civilianaire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                      I really like Civilianaire stuff. They're actually having a big blow out sale right now. Henleys like the one you're wearing are going for $21, down from $80.

https://civilianaire.com/
                      gonna take one of their henleys for a spin. anyone have a comment on their stuff? how are the henley plackets

Comment

I'm very happy with the stuff I got from them, especially at that price. I picked up 2 henleys and a t-shirt in the last sale. Fit is great, the neck of the tee hasn't stretched out at all and the colors haven't faded after about 10 or 15 washes. I'm grabbing some more t-shirts this time around.

I'm not sure what you want to know about the plackets. Can you be more specific?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                          I'm very happy with the stuff I got from them, especially at that price. I picked up 2 henleys and a t-shirt in the last sale. Fit is great, the neck of the tee hasn't stretched out at all and the colors haven't faded after about 10 or 15 washes. I'm grabbing some more t-shirts this time around.

I'm not sure what you want to know about the plackets. Can you be more specific?
                          are they floppy or do they stau up when unbuttoned? how's the fit? i actually placed an order for one, thanks!

Comment

Gotcha. The placket is a little floppy but the material is also very lightweight on mine. The placket is also taped on the front and back to reinforce it. So if I have the top two buttons open, the placket tends to stay in place; undo the 3rd button and it gets a little floppy. But it definitely does not fold over on itself, if that's what you're worried about.

Fit: I'm a medium in J.Crew shirts. I ordered a medium in these and fit is very comfortable. Not skin tight but not baggy at all. Honestly, the t-shirt is one of the nicest fitting tees I've ever owned. Hope that helps!

Comment

I missed the first sale when [MENTION=15090]JohnG[/MENTION] picked up his stuff and was a little bummed because I was looking for a good henley. They shuttered their website for several months, but then they basically just reopened it with the same stuff/discount. I thought they would be dropping a bunch of new lines. I got mine at 70% off, but now they are up to 75% off.

For the price, the henleys are ok. I'm still in search of the perfect henley. They are a bit boxier than I would like with a little too much fabric in the waist. The chest and arms fit well though, and the neck isn't too scooped out. I only unbutton the top button on my henleys, so I never really have the floppy plackets issue everyone was writing about the other day. For me, henleys are either so super slim fitting that they are skin tight with a very low scoop neck and look like a long-john/pajama shirt or else they are a baggy, boxy mess. For reference, I'm a 40R/32w in most things, and I got a Large. I put it in the dryer hoping it would shrink a bit, but it did not. I think a medium would be too tight in the chest and shoulders for my liking though.

I also picked up these Gold Selvage jeans: https://civilianaire.com/collections...slim-rigid-tan I like these better than the henleys. They are really unique color which is why I got them. The denim is very stiff and will need some breaking in. They are also extremely long and will need hemmed. I had read about how long they were, but I wanted them long so I could cuff them or wear them stacked. They are even too long for that though. I also read to size down 2-sizes, but I have trouble with skinny/slim jeans due to bigger thighs so I went with a 31. These really aren't that slim cut, and if I had to do it again, I should have listened and got the 30. All sales are final, so I'll just deal with it.

If you're not familiar with the brand, it's the new company that the creators of Lucky jeans created after they sold off Lucky. Their claim to fame is Bradley Cooper wore their henley in The Hangover 3.

Comment

Suit: Tommy
                                Shirt: Kenny
                                Tie: Holland & Sherry
                                PS: Knickerbocker
                                Shoes: Vito

Comment

Working...
                                X