Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION] the Forrest green one is beautiful and versatile.

A brown textured tie is awesome with navy/grey but I have settled for a speckled Tie Bar one. It is actually a very nice tie even though the hand of the silk is not as lush.

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] nice ties. Great catch.

Comment

Taking advantage of some unseasonably cool summer weather to dust off the ol' outerwear.

Epaulet jacket, Spier&McKay shirt, LE chinos and belt, Clark's boots, Timex watch.
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
          Nice! Good self control. I won't even go look at them right now!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
          I'm pretty sure what you are doing and what I didn't do is good self control lol..

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
          I'm the wrong one to ask on this. I'm still below owning a majority of the color options, but it's only a few Chipps away... Don't have the gold or green (in the past year, bought a green SuSu grenadine (with stripes), so told myself I'd hold off), but the black is delightful and the brown is a unique tie color (and looks very sharp with blue/navy).

These might be my version of Pokemon... gotta catch 'em all! Before the addition of black:

I knew I was going to regret not getting the brown one as well..

Originally posted by doomx View Post
          [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION] the Forrest green one is beautiful and versatile.

A brown textured tie is awesome with navy/grey but I have settled for a speckled Tie Bar one. It is actually a very nice tie even though the hand of the silk is not as lush.
          Yeah, the forest green looks gorgeous, and I had my eye on it for a while. Bought some green and olive linen ties this season, but nothing as substantial and beautiful looking as the green grenadine.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
            Sorry, not sorry! Love these ties and also like that they're made here in NYC (from Italian silk, naturally)

I'm the wrong one to ask on this. I'm still below owning a majority of the color options, but it's only a few Chipps away... Don't have the gold or green (in the past year, bought a green SuSu grenadine (with stripes), so told myself I'd hold off), but the black is delightful and the brown is a unique tie color (and looks very sharp with blue/navy).

These might be my version of Pokemon... gotta catch 'em all! Before the addition of black:

I'm pretty sure this is partially why I went from having 1 to having 6 so quickly. Silly how a relatively minimal cost makes one act so irrationally.
            Nice! I just have one Chipp grenadine, but I'm a fan as well. I'll probably buy at least a couple more if I ever have to wear a tie to work again.

Comment

Guys, stop. I have so little self-control when it comes to ties and I only have the rust grenadine from Chipp. You're crumbling my incredibly weak promise to myself not to buy anything this credit card cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                Taking advantage of some unseasonably cool summer weather to dust off the ol' outerwear.

Epaulet jacket, Spier&McKay shirt, LE chinos and belt, Clark's boots, Timex watch.
                I can't believe you can wear a leather jacket during the summer. I'm moving to MT.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
                  I can't believe you can wear a leather jacket during the summer. I'm moving to MT.
                  95°F is surprisingly pleasant when the humidity is 20% and the evenings drop back down to 50°F.

We do tend to pay for it with the occasional plunge to -30°F in winter, though.
                  Ben

Comment

I love that leather jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      We do tend to pay for it with the occasional plunge to -30°F in winter, though.
                      So wait, the downside is... buying more awesome outerwear? (Though I guess at that temperature it's outerwear, innerwear, and doing your best not to go outside.)

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
                        So wait, the downside is... buying more awesome outerwear? (Though I guess at that temperature it's outerwear, innerwear, and doing your best not to go outside.
                        LBD can, of course, answer for himself. But speaking from Alaska, that is exactly the problem.
                        Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

Suit: JCF
                            Shoes: Cole Haan
                            Watch: Omega Speedmaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            SWEET! Saddle Shoes! Well played summer ensemble!

and I'm jealous; I had a similar cotton khaki suit from LE that is now headed to eBay b/c I'm now too fat. I've been stalking eBay for a replacement, but being an xtall is definitely a limiting factor.
                            .... But back to the original thought: Good on you, well played

Comment

I like that yellow tie. I have one just like it and need to wear it before summer ends.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X