Levi's jeans and Seiko watches are awesome
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Cool & casual Sunday.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Function > fashion at the lake

Trunks San O swim trunks, Target t-shirt, Chaco sandals (7 years old and still going strong), Seiko solar diver on rubber
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
          Cool & casual Sunday.

NO doubt its cool, casual and smart.
          Eat what is good for your health but
          Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Noticed folks tend to be more dressed up than my usual weekend/holiday attire so here's yesterday. Nice timing from LesserBlackDog as this was also for dinner and drinks on the lake.

• Vintage-style T from undergrad alma mater
            • Merona lightweight shorts that get lots of play around here
            • Rainbow flip-flops (I own a lot of these)
            • BR Corbin sunglasses (great when $50)
            • Mako on grey zulu
            • BB Stretch donegal belt (not pictured)

Outfit was similar for the 4th, only the shoes are NB 993 (USA made) and AO sunglasses (ditto). I like playing dress-up, just usually when I'm on the clock.

Comment

[MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] & [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] --both great looks. I have been looking at trying out S & M for some shirts. Can you provide some details on which fabric, collars, etc. you guys went with? How have you liked the shirts thus far?

Comment

Originally posted by DapperedHoo View Post
                [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] & [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] --both great looks. I have been looking at trying out S & M for some shirts. Can you provide some details on which fabric, collars, etc. you guys went with? How have you liked the shirts thus far?
                I have 3 shirts so far. 1 blue royal oxford spread collar, 1 white twill spread collar, 1 button-down chambray. The royal oxford has a little sheen so it is more of a suiting shirt than casual while the twill could be used as casual. The spread collar is enough to tuck under suit lapels which is what you want with a shirt though it could look off under the small lapels of a J. Crew jacket. The button-down collar is great and has amazing roll. One other thing people do not mention is how high the collars reach. It goes up a little more so it may bother you but after a couple of wears you get used to it. I guess neck length is something you don't think about when buying a shirt.

I have loved the shirts so far and will order again. Next up will probably be a poplin, an oxford, and another casual fabric as it is best to buy in 3 or 5 depending on their bundle sale at the time. I went with contemporary fit this time but may try a slim fit next time. The contemporary is still slim and allows the shirt to breath a little at least on my 6'1", 180lbs frame.

Also [MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] may have more insights as he has their normal shirts, some extreme spread collars, and some MTM.

Comment

Thank you, [MENTION=12077]DapperedHoo[/MENTION]
                  I'm a huge fan of S&M, especially for their shirts. I'm not sure which post of mine are referring to, but I currently have shirts from them in poplin, end on end, oxford, twill, fine twill, and chambray. I also have a number of their polos. Most of their RTW shirts will have a semi spread collar, or button down. But I noticed that they are starting to offer more in full spread. The shirts are pretty fantastic for the price. Hard to beat IMO especially if you bundle and catch a sale. My only hitch would be that the semi spread could use just a hair longer collwr point. I just switched over to their MTM and am waiting for my first batch of shirts to arrive. I with with different collar spreads and some unfused, so I'll let you know how they work out.

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses and the info. I definitely liked the fact that the spread collar tucked under your suit lapels [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] which is what I would be looking for on at least one white shirt for when I need to wear a suit. [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION]--was referring to one of your last WIWT post with the SS blazer and light blue S&M shirt. I rarely have to wear suits and noticed the collars looked good in that particular photo with no tie so was curious if that was their semi spread or full spread as I would nearly always wear them tieless. Thanks again for the responses and feedback. Will have to give the shirts a shot soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperedHoo View Post
                      Thanks for the quick responses and the info. I definitely liked the fact that the spread collar tucked under your suit lapels [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] which is what I would be looking for on at least one white shirt for when I need to wear a suit. [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION]--was referring to one of your last WIWT post with the SS blazer and light blue S&M shirt. I rarely have to wear suits and noticed the collars looked good in that particular photo with no tie so was curious if that was their semi spread or full spread as I would nearly always wear them tieless. Thanks again for the responses and feedback. Will have to give the shirts a shot soon.
                      If you get their most expensive shirts which are CAD$55 bundled, it equates to roughly $42-$43 per shirt which is a great deal and hard to beat when compared to other shirts in a similar price range. Similar shirts seems to be in the $80+ range though they may be a little higher quality fabric but I am not that picky.

Comment

I have both OTR in contemporary fit and MTM from SM. I think they offer incredible value in both forms, mostly because of the collars. It is very difficult to find shirts with long enough collar points to hide under the jacket lapels, so if the OTR ones fit you well , then it's a steal. I dont fit perfect in them without tailoring so the MTM has worked great.

Comment

[MENTION=12077]DapperedHoo[/MENTION] that shirt is their sky blue end on end with a semI spread collar. I prefer the semi spread for going tieless because it creates a more vertical look. I also use magnets with my collar stays, so it's like magic . Like [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION] said, their shirts are a steal, especially if their OTR fit you well. Even their MTM is a pretty great price, especially if you're outside of Canada. If you bundle, you can get a custom shirt made from TM Goldline or Tessitura Monti for about a $100. Which is great. Their slim OTE fits me very well, and the only reason I've gone MTM is so I can choosee some particulars that I want.

Comment

Appreciate all the responses again and thanks [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] for the details on the semi spread collar. I recently purchased some collar stays with magnets on Amazon and they are magic! Will test out OTR first and hope they fit well enough. Sound like a great value.

Comment

Suit: MTM SavileRow, St. Louis
                              Shirt: Stafford
                              Tie: Bert Pulitzer
                              PS: Nordstrom
                              Shoes: Vito Rufolo

Comment

Brown & Blue today.

Comment

Working...
                                X