Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted your thoughts on this summer look. Just thrifted these Allen Edmonds Westbrooks and they are a little unique and just wanted some feedback on the kilted loafer.

Shirt: Banana Republic
    Jacket: Banana Republic
    Jeans: Quality Blanks Selvedge
    Shoes: Allen Edmonds Westbrook (Thrifted)
    Watch: Timex X Red Wing

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION], I agree that they look better without the crease.

The driggs ones I have seem to be a similar fabric. Super light and airy. Next time I'll try a different fit, though. The driggs fits great in the hips and upper thighs but the lower thighs are a bit too snug and the taper is really aggressive from there. I sort of feel like I'm wearing those "dressy" joggers when I wear them.

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]
        I dig it. Really has the red/white/blue vibe without being too 'in-your-face'.
        [MENTION=14908]Charlie Ky[/MENTION]
        Nice find! They're a little flamboyant for my personal taste, but a nice statement piece in an otherwise pretty subtle 'fit.

Here's WIWT. It's been a while since I posted (not feeling photogenic lately due to boring warm weather outfits and some disagreeable skin), and it's not the most interesting combo, but I'd love to get this thread more active again as I enjoy seeing other people's cool outfits.

Button-down: American Eagle (getting good at the Italian roll which is nice)
        Belt: Timberland
        Cords: Levi's 513
        Socks: Smartwool
        Boots: Clarks Bushacre 2 in beeswax leather
        Watch: Omega Seamaster (rarely leaves my wrist these days)

Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Appropriately dressed for summer...

NOS gant lightweight ecru ocbd
          LL Bean Oxford cloth pants
          JPress belt
          Rancourt loafers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
            Here's where my lack of expertise will probably be exposed, but I'll give it a shot since the wedding is tomorrow:
            I'm not sure what it is, but somehow the pieces together seem a little "off". It looks like each individual piece seems to fit well, although there's always room for nitpicking: the blazer could be longer, the shirt color seems too big, pants could maybe do with a little less break. But none of things are going to be fixed by tomorrow, even if you wanted to change them.

So three things I would suggest:

1. Go with a slightly more formal pant with a higher rise (so your belt buckle doesn't show when the jacket is buttoned) and a center crease. If you can, try to use a pant with less break; it kinda looks like you're trying to dress up beige jeans right now.

2. Just personal preference, but I would choose a solid shirt in white or light blue, or maybe a pale, tone-on-tone strip or check. Maybe it's the tie color in contrast; I just cannot pull off green in any shade. So a knit tie or even a rep tie would be my preference.

3. I'd try something more structured with the white pocket square. Whenever I see a white pocket square fluffed out like that, it makes me think someone didn't stuff a Kleenex in their pocket down far enough to hide it. If you have a colored or patterned square, by all means go for it!

Anyway, just my 2 cents and most of it is personal preference. Something like this is not far from what I think you're going for:

To me, that just looks more pulled together. Have fun at the wedding, hope there's an open bar!
            I don't think I ever thanked you for the advice here. The pants comment was spot on.

I like the look of the pants in the picture you provided. Do you know where I can find them?

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Baptiste Grenouille View Post
              I don't think I ever thanked you for the advice here. The pants comment was spot on.

I like the look of the pants in the picture you provided. Do you know where I can find them?

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
              Glad it helped a little and I hope you enjoyed the wedding!

I just pulled the image of Google as an example. Near as I can tell it originally came from this Pinterest pin. It says the chinos are from Brooks Brothers.

Comment

Panama Bob (RIP) hat
                Uniqlo Chambray shirt
                JAB madras pants
                AE shoes

Unseen
                Ben Minkoff briefcase
                Apple Watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More Murica themed attire this week. Today I wanted to see if I could put together an all US-made (or US-assembled, *cough*) outfit. Got everything but my underroos.

Epaulet jacket, BB OCBD, Bonobos jeans, Kiel James Patrick belt, Shinola watch, Rancourt shoes
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    More Murica themed attire this week. Today I wanted to see if I could put together an all US-made (or US-assembled, *cough*) outfit. Got everything but my underroos. Epaulet jacket, BB OCBD, Bonobos jeans, Kiel James Patrick belt, Shinola watch, Rancourt shoes
                    "American Supima Cotton" and then "Imported Fabric" sounds like a bit of an oxymoron to me... Do they ship their raw cotton off to a foreign mill and then have it brought back to be made?

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                      "American Supima Cotton" and then "Imported Fabric" sounds like a bit of an oxymoron to me... Do they ship their raw cotton off to a foreign mill and then have it brought back to be made?
                      I've heard this is a thing... raw materials from the US are shipped/transported out of the country, processed, and then imported back in for use in products. Sometimes it's cheaper to ship and import, than it is to pay US labor/IP prices.

Keep in mind, I'm not condoning the practice, I just happened to have studied supply chain management for a hot second in B-school which is where I learned it.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        Epaulet jacket, BB OCBD, Bonobos jeans, Kiel James Patrick belt, Shinola watch, Rancourt shoes
                        Great outfit, but I'm really just jealous of the fact that it's the last day of June and you live in a place where a jacket and denim are still (apparently) weather-appropriate attire. The heat so far this year here is killing me. It's looking like I won't unpack my jeans until October.

Comment

It was 90 yesterday and will be 90 again today, but it stormed last night and this morning and was in the 60s when I headed into work - just cool enough to justify a jacket, especially with the wind and threat of rain.
                          Ben

Comment

Suit: MTM by SavileRow St.Louis
                            PS: ???
                            Shirt: Gold Label
                            Tie: Turnbull and Asser
                            Socks: JCP
                            Shoes: Church's Masterclass

Comment

WIWT featuring a heavy dose of UNIQLO.

OCBD: UNIQLO
                              Shades: Cole Haan Clubmasters
                              Belt: Johnston & Murphy
                              Selvedge Denim: UNIQLO slim straight
                              Shoes: Converse Chuck Taylor
                              Bracelets: Taft
                              Watch: Vintage Seamaster
                              Last edited by Terminado; July 1, 2016, 04:47 PM.
                              Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Last day of my Murica-themed work week holiday lead-up. More red, white, and blue.

LE polo and belt, Levi's jeans, Seiko watch on C&B strap, Miansai and thrifted bracelets, Rancourt loafers not shown.

Also got a new haircut today... barber went a bit shorter on my undercut than normal. I'll need to remember to put sunscreen on my scalp this weekend....
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X