This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    Wearing my recent SuSu suit again. I am glad I went with cuffs on the pants.

Suit: SuSu
    Shirt: S&M
    Tie: Bruce Field
    Shoes: Bexley of Paris

I like the look!

I am having a hard time figuring out proper fit for trousers, and this is mostly as issue for my own garments. This is a bit off topic but my point is demonstrating on this suit.
    There are three distinct phases of daily life where the fit can change: standing with legs straight (in the [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] photo, look at the right leg), walking/moving (look at the left leg), and sitting. The right leg looks like a perfect fit (nice drape, not tight), but the left leg with a bit of motion, starts showing significant pull lines in the inner thigh, and the pocket seems to be a bit snug (you can see creases for each individual finger of the hand in the pocket). Is this an overall tight fit for these trousers?

I have a few pairs (especially a S&M one) that looks great when I am standing, but starts to pull when I move. This becomes even more noticeable when sitting. I am not sure if that is too tight or not. One can talk about comfort, but that is relative and quite subjective: a pair of trousers that is very (unflattering) wide and loose will always be more comfortable while sitting compared to a more fitter pair, but that doesn't mean that it fits better or it is an optimal choice (far from it). I would definitely appreciate some input on this.

Comment

[MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION] - I have maybe 3-4 pairs of pants that I truly love the fit on and SuSu is not one of those brands. I need some suits, the fit is decent, SuSu is workable. The best fit on some pants I own I actually wore yesterday which are a cotton/linen blend and I think are Hart Shaffner Marx from Dillard's. The reason why is they are more of a "classic" fit and while not overly large all over, they offer room in just the right places so they never really pull except when sitting and then not very much. I had them tailored to no break and they are amazing.

I have also noticed some of the classically dressed guys in my office actually have clothes that drape great though may have more fabric than clothing forum people like. They have pants with pleats, sometimes cuffs, and normally close to full break but their clothes don't pull like these damn SuSu suits. The best example I could give is UPR_Crust which appears on some of the other fora but he takes some break, has fuller cut suits, and looks great.

I don't know where I was going with this but I feel a lot of people, even on this forum, could use a little more fabric to their clothes and stop slimming everything as it ruins the fit. Now I kinda dislike my new suit.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] you look good bro!!!

In all seriousness, your suit looks great. One can argue that pull lines will be seen during motion with any garment and thats correct IMO. Your pants drape quite nicely and are by no means "skinny".

Comment

Suit looks okay, though I feel your pant has some ironing issue on crease.
          Eat what is good for your health but
          Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
            [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] you look good bro!!!

In all seriousness, your suit looks great. One can argue that pull lines will be seen during motion with any garment and thats correct IMO. Your pants drape quite nicely and are by no means "skinny".
            I concur. Pants look great. They are certainly not tight like skinny jeans, but still slim. I like the tailoring.
            My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

[MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION] nice look. The way your pants are cut/tailored is pretty much how the pants on my current suit are tailored. At first I thought they were a little tight for my liking, but I have become used to them. But it is quite a different fit for me when compared to my other suits.

Comment

Gearing up for a sweltering 100 degrees with high humidity:

Shirt: JC
                Pants: JCF
                Loafers: LE
                Watch: Seiko SPC087 on leather Zulu

The managing partner loves when I wear bright pants and go sockless... he just doesn't realize it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
                  The managing partner loves when I wear bright pants and go sockless... he just doesn't realize it yet.
                  This hits close to home; I still don't go sockless at work, but I get all sorts of comments for my more colorful looks I break out on occasion. They never say don't wear it though!

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                    This hits close to home; I still don't go sockless at work, but I get all sorts of comments for my more colorful looks I break out on occasion. They never say don't wear it though!
                    Same on the comments, and I'm not sure I'd push the envelope much in NYC, either. I feel like "southeast summer survival mode" sort of kicks in and grants me extra leeway.

Comment

I would love to be able to wear stuff like that to work.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
                        Same on the comments, and I'm not sure I'd push the envelope much in NYC, either. I feel like "southeast summer survival mode" sort of kicks in and grants me extra leeway.
                        Thankfully many folks appreciate the fact that walking and being down in subways (which are like saunas in the summer) is in many ways worse than life in the south during the summer, due to lack of AC.

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                        I would love to be able to wear stuff like that to work.
                        It's a somewhat new development for me -- my firm was full business attire (with biz casual on Fri) until recently, wearing a suit & tie in the heat of NYC summer is brutal, so glad for the change. Still have to suit up decent amounts regardless due to client meetings/events, but not every day.

Comment

Thankfully many folks appreciate the fact that walking and being down in subways (which are like saunas in the summer) is in many ways worse than life in the south during the summer, due to lack of AC.

It's a somewhat new development for me -- my firm was full business attire (with biz casual on Fri) until recently, wearing a suit & tie in the heat of NYC summer is brutal, so glad for the change. Still have to suit up decent amounts regardless due to client meetings/events, but not every day.
                          Yeah we are still full business attire here. Best I can do is skip tie on Friday's if in the office all day

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, that's definitely worse than the few steps I take between my air-conditioned house, car, and office. Glad your office is understanding (and hope you don't commute under similar conditions, [MENTION=9190]Pepetito[/MENTION]).

Comment

Suit: Brooks Brothers (Brookscool)
                              Shirt: Joey Abboud
                              Tie: Canali
                              Shoes: Vintage Florsheim

Comment

Originally posted by shadoman View Post

Suit: Brooks Brothers (Brookscool)
                                Shirt: Joey Abboud
                                Tie: Canali
                                Shoes: Vintage Florsheim
                                Them FLORSHEIMS tho.