Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still getting ahold of these office photo thing. New suit from SuSu to celebrate a recent promotion. Pic is after some running around already so fabrics aren't morning crisp haha

Suit: SuSu
    Shirt: S&M
    Tie: no name
    Belt: Orion
    Shoes: Bexley of Paris

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      Linen 'n things

JCF linen jacket and linen/cotton trousers, JC shirt and PS, Nordstrom 1901 shoes
      Great look and love the shoes-are they expensive?
      Tim Hardy
      Handmade English Bridle Leather Belts
      The Worcestershire Leather Company

Comment

From Sunday. 80┬░ and sunny for a friend's barbeque.

Shirt: J crew linen
        Shorts: Old navy
        Shoes: Payless cheapo canvas shoes that I bought last year to tide me over till I bite the bullet and buy a pair of Sperrys. Those would have totally finished the look. (I'm going to crack any day now)
        Watch: Bulova 96B104
        Not pictured: Sunglasses - black wayfarers

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
          From Sunday. 80┬░ and sunny for a friend's barbeque.

Shirt: J crew linen
          Shorts: Old navy
          Shoes: Payless cheapo canvas shoes that I bought last year to tide me over till I bite the bullet and buy a pair of Sperrys. Those would have totally finished the look. (I'm going to crack any day now)
          Watch: Bulova 96B104
          Not pictured: Sunglasses - black wayfarers
          I'd wait to find Sperry's on sale or at least somewhere that offers a sale code every now and then. Those look good and I would never have guessed payless.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] Any idea of a good target price to wait for?

Comment

shoebuy.com has 20% off right now so you can get the $95 originals in tan for 20% off. If you vary on color and such, 50% off can be easy to have if you look around discount sites like 6pm, Nordstrom Rack, Amazon, shoebuy, sperry's website at times.

The frugalmalefashion sub-reddit is great for picking up on deals and just checking the sites. Some will mention Sperry specifically, others will just mention a sale and they may have them. But I mean 20% off is great and it seems you may be able to get something like $30 off about once a month when shoebuy has a better sale.

Comment

Rue and Gilt have sperrys on sale a lot. IMO if it's something that you're going to be wearing a lot and something you know that you'll enjoy, I'm not sure it's worth playing the waiting game for an extra $10-$20 off.
                Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

http://imgur.com/a/NmxBe

LBM, S&M, CT tie, Drake's PS, JCrew, Velasca

Comment

Been a while since I WIWT'd... New-ish Ratio shirt w/ SuSu tie on the left; J Crew linen blazer (awesome) w/ S&M shirt & TTB chambray square on the right.

Comment

First time poster, long time lurker. I've been thrifting a ton (all thanks to the thrifting forum) and recently bought my first thrifted suit. Just wanted you're opinion!

Suit: Paul Smith (Thrifted)
                      Shirt: Custom
                      Tie: Givenchy (Thrifted)
                      Pocket Square: Tie Bar
                      Shoes: Johnston and Murphy (Thrifted)

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Ky View Post
                        First time poster, long time lurker. I've been thrifting a ton (all thanks to the thrifting forum) and recently bought my first thrifted suit. Just wanted you're opinion!

Suit: Paul Smith (Thrifted)
                        Shirt: Custom
                        Tie: Givenchy (Thrifted)
                        Pocket Square: Tie Bar
                        Shoes: Johnston and Murphy (Thrifted)
                        Looks good to me, shoulders might be a bit wide but I wouldn't think twice about it even if you paid full price. Full disclosure: my opinion is worth exactly $0.02. Well done.

Comment

My opinion is also worth about 2 cents, but I think the more aggressive shoulders are part of the style, especially considering how narrow the waist is and the slim cut of the pants in comparison. I think it looks great, and the only thing I would think about it is maybe having the trousers shortened get rid of some of the stacking around the ankles.

Comment

Thanks for the thought! Yeah the shoulders are the only thing. Suit was $20 Canadian. Is it quite noticeable?

Comment

Thanks for the thought! Yeah the shoulders are the only thing. Suit was $20 Canadian. Is it quite noticeable?
                              Looks like a business suit. The shoulders are fine. Would consider shortening trousers a bit. Im not a fan of the very short trousers but those have noticeable breaks, several. Depends on how they are sitting at your waist though. If sitting properly, a little shorter would be better.

Wear the suit with pride. $20 is a steal.

Comment

That’s a British suit. You can tell by the hacking (i.e. angled) pockets and aggressive shoulders. It’s inspired by military uniforms and supposed to look puffed-up and martial. The shoulders are integral to the design. I agree that the trousers could come up a touch. Keeping with the military look, they’re not supposed to have a break. The suit looks great on you and for $20 Canadian you got an awesome deal. Score!

Comment

Working...
                                X