This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I think they're great -- they definitely are thicker than most ties I own, so a FIH like the above gives a big knot relatively speaking. Sidenote, it looks a bit funky now upon second look, because this shirt's collar has shrunk a little (one of my older white shirts--waiting on drycleaning to come back).
    Yeah, it looks nice and thick. That's a great substantial knot for a FIH. Have you had experience with anything other than the grenadines? I'd like to try some shantung or matka!

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
      Yeah, it looks nice and thick. That's a great substantial knot for a FIH. Have you had experience with anything other than the grenadines? I'd like to try some shantung or matka!
      I haven't gotten anything else. I do like the shape/cut of the grenadines, so hope it would be the same for the other ties (although I'm guessing they won't be as thick).

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
        I think they're great -- they definitely are thicker than most ties I own, so a FIH like the above gives a big knot relatively speaking. Sidenote, it looks a bit funky now upon second look, because this shirt's collar has shrunk a little (one of my older white shirts--waiting on drycleaning to come back).
        Definitely found this to be true, although before Chipp, I mostly had TTB, Brooks 346, and JAB ties, which are all much thinner. I normally put my TTB ties into a double FIH to get a substantial knot, but I've found a regular FIH for Chipp is plenty for a good knot.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/Ftyu5hX.jpg?1

Suit: Jcrew
          Shirt: Nordstrom
          Tie: Brooks Brothers
          PS: Nordstrom
          Shoes: Allen Edmonds
          Watch: Orient

Comment

Love the linens. Couldn't resist.

20160519_153335 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

WIWY (19May'16)

First time WIWT poster, here.

In my engineering world, I've always been among the more presentedable b/c I've always just liked a tucked in collared shirt w/ khakis or jeans. But I had an epiphany a couple years ago when, as manager of 40 people, I was asked to go represent the division at a business attire function. I realized that the only suit I had was the one I got married in 15+yrs prior and I was too fat for the that. The only sport coat I had was light PoW (I though plaid at the time) and I had no matching tie.

Now, after 2 yrs of haunting dappered, putthison, realmenrealstyle, and Art of Manliness, I'm ready for a WIWT (actually a WIWY...because I couldn't figure out how to get a picture to post...).

hmmm...still not sure if this grabbed the picture correctly...

shirt: BB
              jacket: (thrifted) the Andover Shop
              ps: (thrifted)

Louder color combo than I typically attempt, but I'm routting for orange & blue today, my daughter's heading to the state track me to pole vault and run the 4x200m. Go Huskies!
              Last edited by hauttedoggie; May 20, 2016, 08:48 AM. Reason: working on picture link

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
                Just figured I'd get in here for once. My department adheres to a casual dress code on Thursdays and Fridays when we have a product deployment the upcoming weekend, so nothing fancy here. Just one of my favorite casual go-tos

Shirt: Express 1MX
                What do you think of the Express 1MX shirt? Good quality? Holding up well? They have a store in the mall near my house and I was looking at some of their stuff yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
                  What do you think of the Express 1MX shirt? Good quality? Holding up well? They have a store in the mall near my house and I was looking at some of their stuff yesterday.
                  They fit me great off the rack (Modern Fit Large) besides the neck opening, so it's an easy choice for me in terms of purchase and put on. However, the regular retail price is comical ($69) when there are so many other good options.
                  When they run a sale, like the current 3/$99, I tend to buy some. And I'll go in store and hit up the clearance rack.
                  That's all I buy there, though.
                  And to answer your question: yes, they've held up well for me. Shirt in photo is five years old; no loss of color, no loose buttons, etc
                  Last edited by APinNC; May 22, 2016, 02:03 PM.
                  We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Casual Sunday. Sorry for the bad lighting.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Comment

Wedding today

Shirt: Tom Ford
                      Suit and tie: SuSu
                      Belt: Ferragamo
                      Shoes: To Boot New York double monks
                      Watch: Patek Philippe
                      Date: my better half

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                        Casual Sunday. Sorry for the bad lighting.

Hi! Can you share the make of the blazer? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                          Hi! Can you share the make of the blazer? Thanks!
                          Yeah, Sorry. It's Cccken off of Amazon.

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Trying to figure out the best place to take pics in my office. Day 1 of trying

SC: SuitSupply
                              Tie: Conrad Wu
                              Shirt: S&M
                              Pants: Hart Shaffner Marx
                              Shoes: Carmina...dark brown which may not work with this fit.

Comment

Looking good - what belt is it?
                                Tim Hardy
                                Handmade English Bridle Leather Belts
                                The Worcestershire Leather Company

Comment

Working...
                                X