Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always thought of them as wedding ties but this changes my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
      Been working on my tie knot skills!

SS
      S&M
      Nordstrom

Thrifted AE's

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
      Is that an S&M tie or Nordstrom tie? Or SS tie? Probably not a thrifted AE tie. I've been looking to add gold to my arsenal and that look fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
        Is that an S&M tie or Nordstrom tie? Or SS tie? Probably not a thrifted AE tie. I've been looking to add gold to my arsenal and that look fantastic.
        Haha, sorry my bad. It's actually a BR tie. Forgot to list it. Other than this one I don't have any experience with their ties, but this one is pretty nice. Good fabric and it ties well. The tag says handmade in Italy, so I'm not sure what of theirs it is from.

Comment

Haha, sorry my bad. It's actually a BR tie. Forgot to list it. Other than this one I don't have any experience with their ties, but this one is pretty nice. Good fabric and it ties well. The tag says handmade in Italy, so I'm not sure what of theirs it is from.

Ah okay, very nice. I really need to up my thrift game from zero.

Comment

Looks great, minor but...

Originally posted by JDT View Post
            First outfit post! Wearing my new SuitSupply Blue Line Lazio. It has not been to the tailor yet. I hemmed the legs quickly myself to be able to wear the pants to an event, but I will take them to the tailor to get them hemmed properly and maybe tapered a bit. The shirt is white with light blue stripes.

In retrospect I probably wore the tie a bit long, but I prefer the tip to hit a bit lower than the belt buckle when I wear pants with a higher rise.

Fine looking suit. Work on the length of the tie. The tip should end right around the belt buckle.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
              Fine looking suit. Work on the length of the tie. The tip should end right around the belt buckle.
              The Fine Young Gentleman had a nice post about tie length http://www.thefineyounggentleman.com...ct-tie-length/

Comment

Shirt- LE
                Pants- BR
                Belt- Lucky
                Shoes- Daltons

Comment

Well played, sir!

...and then I realized you worked with the categories from my (personal taste) Never list:
                  - monk straps,
                  - square end knit,
                  - and that oddly horizontally striped shirt from LE

Doubly well played!

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
                    Road day.

Blazer - BR
                    Shirt - Lands End
                    Tie - eBay (China)
                    Bar - The Tie Bar
                    Square - J Crew
                    Pants - Dockers Signature
                    Belt - Marc NY
                    D Monks - Kenneth Cole
                    Watch - Dad's Vintage Patek
                    (sorry about my nube replying skills, lets try that again)

Well played, sir!

...and then I realized you worked with the categories from my (personal taste) Never list:
                    - monk straps,
                    - square end knit,
                    - and that oddly horizontally striped shirt from LE

Doubly well played!

Comment

First try with the new brown Chipp tie I recently got in my haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post

Tyrwhitt shirt
                        SuSu vest
                        Amazon tie
                        BR Heritage pants
                        AE Daltons in bourbon

Ubering in DC tonight. Can't wear a hoodie and jeans for that crowd....
                        Great outfit. Those pants are really nice
                        We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Thank you kindly! I may be throwing them on again tonight, if i can convince myself not to go with my new natural linen pants from old navy. Either way, new photo should be up in about 3-4 hours.
                          https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Just figured I'd get in here for once. My department adheres to a casual dress code on Thursdays and Fridays when we have a product deployment the upcoming weekend, so nothing fancy here. Just one of my favorite casual go-tos

Shirt: Express 1MX
                            Jeans: Levis 541
                            Boots: Stafford Deacons
                            Belt: GAP
                            Watch: Swiss Legend. (Gift from wife; actually holding up surprisingly well.)
                            Bracelets: Leather four strand braided, handmade by me. Keep Pounding bracelet (Dad has cancer and we're huge Panthers fans)
                            Not pictured: Dark grey lightweight quilted jacket from JCF

Enjoy your day and upcoming weekend
                            Last edited by APinNC; May 19, 2016, 02:00 PM.
                            We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                              First try with the new brown Chipp tie I recently got in my haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Very nice! I'm going to have to try out a couple Chipps ties here soon. Good quality?

Comment

Very nice! I'm going to have to try out a couple Chipps ties here soon. Good quality?
                                I think they're great -- they definitely are thicker than most ties I own, so a FIH like the above gives a big knot relatively speaking. Sidenote, it looks a bit funky now upon second look, because this shirt's collar has shrunk a little (one of my older white shirts--waiting on drycleaning to come back).

Comment

Working...
                                X