Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen about 3 Brooks Brothers 458 ties in Winners and they're on clearance for only $20 - down from $35.
    There's a red foulard, yellow striped and a green striped one.
    Only reason I'm not jumping on them is that they are 3.25" wide at the tip, which is way too wide for my frame.

My widest ties are only 3" so I don't know if I can pull them off.
    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Workwear-ish.

JC shirt, Pointer jacket, LE chinos and belt, Thorogood boots
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
        I've seen about 3 Brooks Brothers 458 ties in Winners and they're on clearance for only $20 - down from $35.
        There's a red foulard, yellow striped and a green striped one.
        Only reason I'm not jumping on them is that they are 3.25" wide at the tip, which is way too wide for my frame.

My widest ties are only 3" so I don't know if I can pull them off.
        3" is my magic number for ties. I will go bigger, but never smaller. I don't know why, but something about a 3" tie always looks good.
        My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Workwear-ish.

JC shirt, Pointer jacket, LE chinos and belt, Thorogood boots
          Killin' it! (positive connotation)

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
            3" is my magic number for ties. I will go bigger, but never smaller. I don't know why, but something about a 3" tie always looks good.
            Same here.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Suitsupply Hudson suit jacket
              Brooks Brothers tie from eBay
              Shirt by Kamakura
              Your fits always gives me ideas for future purchases or combos to try. I like the brighter blue in the tie then a pop of another color for s stripe. I like this pink.

Comment

Late Mother's Day dinner. This is what my warm-weather semi-put-together looks tend to look like.

Linen Button Down-Old Navy
                Chambray Shorts-JCF
                Watch-Orient on Fossil leather NATO
                Shoes-Sperry's

Comment

One more from today

Comment

One more from today
                    Those pants are sweet! It's so hard to find higher rise pants, are those Suitsupply?

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                      Those pants are sweet! It's so hard to find higher rise pants, are those Suitsupply?
                      Indeed. They are Jort trousers. The trick I've found, is when ordering separate trousers form Suitsupply, they offer a long size. This would seem irrelevant, as you have to get them hemmed. But it's not. The long sizes feature a higher rise. I kind of hate the trousers. They are so awesome, but the super 140 wool feels so delicate and they are so light in color. I feel like every wear might be their last. I've been luck thus far.

Comment

Indeed. They are Jort trousers. The trick I've found, is when ordering separate trousers form Suitsupply, they offer a long size. This would seem irrelevant, as you have to get them hemmed. But it's not. The long sizes feature a higher rise. I kind of hate the trousers. They are so awesome, but the super 140 wool feels so delicate and they are so light in color. I feel like every wear might be their last. I've been luck thus far.
                        that's the opposite problem with almost every pair of gray trousers i have. they're usually too rough/dark...much prefer the ultra light gray to maximize contrast with that blazer

Comment

Do you know what is the difference in rise. I suspected that was the case, but wasn't sure since it's not listed on the website.

Comment

Purple haze, not rain....been a while....

Suit - Combatant Gent
                            Shirt - Jos Banks
                            Tie and Bar - The Tie Bar
                            Shoes - Steve Madden
                            Belt - BR
                            Time-X

Comment

Originally posted by Pelennor View Post
                              Late Mother's Day dinner. This is what my warm-weather semi-put-together looks tend to look like.

Linen Button Down-Old Navy
                              Chambray Shorts-JCF
                              Watch-Orient on Fossil leather NATO
                              Shoes-Sperry's
                              Love those shorts.
                              We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

One more from today
                                What's the shirt? I have a hard time finding button-down collars that are wide enough for the point to touch the lapel on my jacket.

Comment

Working...
                                X