This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
    Haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd put something up.
    Damn, that jacket is a hell of a thrift find!

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
      Got the ties today, took a few quick pics in my admittedly badly light apartment. In order: Slate blue, purple, my already owned wine, rust and brown. The slate is an interesting color blue, somewhere in the middle of baby/powder and a more true blue. I have a Drake's tie of similar color so tbd on whether it stays. Purple could be bolder but it's a nice dark hue. Rust does have a definite brown tone to it vs a pure orange, but it's a neat color. The brown is a chocolate brown that'll be neat to play around with I think.

Thanks for posting the pics. That chocolate brown is definitely distinct from the rust that I'll have to pick it up. I find I wear my TTB brown, navy, and wine grenafaux the most. The thinness of the material of their ties is particularly apparent with the grenafaux and it's time to upgrade on the colors that have become mainstays in the rotation.

Comment

Got the ties today, took a few quick pics in my admittedly badly light apartment. In order: Slate blue, purple, my already owned wine, rust and brown. The slate is an interesting color blue, somewhere in the middle of baby/powder and a more true blue. I have a Drake's tie of similar color so tbd on whether it stays. Purple could be bolder but it's a nice dark hue. Rust does have a definite brown tone to it vs a pure orange, but it's a neat color. The brown is a chocolate brown that'll be neat to play around with I think.

Really like the wine one.

Comment

Wine is what I got first and I definitely wear it more than any other tie I own. I'm a fan of burgundy and purple (both go with effectively everything I own), and the wine skirts the divide between a true darker red and a more purple color.

I feel like I need to hold onto the rust, such a neat color. The brown will be a nice one for pairing with my navies and blues and is unique in that I don't have much brown other than sportcoats and shoes. I'm hoping the purple is more colorful in real lighting (and not directly compared to the blue or wine).

This is why I'm debating the slate. I don't wear the striped Drakes often, but it's admittedly a summer, slightly casual tie due to the rougher weave and tan stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
            Damn, that jacket is a hell of a thrift find!
            I know, I got really lucky. It was really part of a suit but the pants fit really weird and there was no way my tailor was going to get them to fit me. Unfortunate really because it would make a great suit.

Comment

Wine is what I got first and I definitely wear it more than any other tie I own. I'm a fan of burgundy and purple (both go with effectively everything I own), and the wine skirts the divide between a true darker red and a more purple color.

I feel like I need to hold onto the rust, such a neat color. The brown will be a nice one for pairing with my navies and blues and is unique in that I don't have much brown other than sportcoats and shoes. I'm hoping the purple is more colorful in real lighting (and not directly compared to the blue or wine).

This is why I'm debating the slate. I don't wear the striped Drakes often, but it's admittedly a summer, slightly casual tie due to the rougher weave and tan stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Trying out chipp for first time. Ordered the rust.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is from Instagram, so I turned up the saturation and maybe a couple other settings, but not by much. This is very similar to what I was wearing in my previous avatar.

EDIT:
                Jacket: Suitsupply Washington
                Pants: Suitsupply Brentwood
                Tie: Suitsupply
                Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
                Square: The Tie Bar

[MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] thanks for earlier compliment. Means a lot.
                My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

The rare casual fit from me

Shirt: Linen/cotton Merona
                  Shorts: Merona
                  Watch: Timex (I want a different strap for it)
                  Shoes: Sperry Gold Cup

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                    This is from Instagram, so I turned up the saturation and maybe a couple other settings, but not by much. This is very similar to what I was wearing in my previous avatar.

EDIT:
                    Jacket: Suitsupply Washington
                    Pants: Suitsupply Brentwood
                    Tie: Suitsupply
                    Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
                    Square: The Tie Bar

[MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] thanks for earlier compliment. Means a lot.
                    This is great. The CT collar shows a small inwards curl at the tip which I have seen on one of my CT shirts and I cannot explain. Collar stays do not fix this for me.

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
                      This is great. The CT collar shows a small inwards curl at the tip which I have seen on one of my CT shirts and I cannot explain. Collar stays do not fix this for me.
                      I've noticed it as well. I think it's because the collar stay "pouch" doesn't go all the way to the tip of the collar which allows the tip to curl. It's annoying but not the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                        I've noticed it as well. I think it's because the collar stay "pouch" doesn't go all the way to the tip of the collar which allows the tip to curl. It's annoying but not the end of the world.
                        I don't think that's it. The stay pocket is similar to all my other shirts. I have a feeling this is because the neck is borderline too tight on me.

Comment

Been a few days since I've worn anything worth posting, but I'm 'dressing up' for more casual job hunting. Is the necklace too much? Thoughts on the shoes with the rest of the 'fit?

(pants were not like this, by the way. Just wanted to show off socks.)

Red chambray button-down: Patagonia (sleeves were borderline when I bought it last summer, broader shoulders mean I can only wear it with the sleeves rolled up now. Not stressing though, cause it's a casual shirt.)
                          Belt: American Eagle
                          Pants: Levi 513 tumbled rigid
                          Socks: SmartWool
                          Shoes: Ecco (bit of a chisel toe, but the leather's nice considering it's a pretty cheapo shoe)
                          Necklace: Local artist
                          The ever present rings: Handmade in Yelapa, Mexico (my uncle got them when he was traveling the world)
                          Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

It does give a bit of a hippie/new-age vibe to me, especially with the rings, but it's not bad. Totally cool for casual. Shoes are fine for what they are, but I personally really dislike bicycle-toe shoes. Regardless, you're better dressed than 99% of the other 18 y/o's out there.

Comment

Cheers [MENTION=12045]Matchbook[/MENTION]

Definitely not a huge fan of the Eccos, but they work for now until I can swing something better. My immediate peers make me look better, and there's always room to grow.
                              Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Suitsupply Hudson suit jacket
                                Brooks Brothers tie from eBay
                                Shirt by Kamakura
                                My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Working...
                                X