This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
    Ouch..At that price, even on sale, I'd rather just go Chipp Neckwear. At <$40, it's a no brainer, but for some reason, $56 for a Lands End tie seems a bit pricey.

http://www.chippneckwear.com/chocolate-grenadine-tie/
    What's the quality like on Chipp ties? How would you compare them to the quality of Tie Bar? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      What's the quality like on Chipp ties? How would you compare them to the quality of Tie Bar? Thanks.
      I don't have anything from the TieBar, but for Chipp I have 2 grenadines, and they're my favorite ties. Waiting on the black to come back like [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION].
      Last edited by devastitis; May 6, 2016, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
        I totally agree. I was just implying with one of LE's 30-40% off on top. I paid $38.67 for it. I got a forest green repp for about $10 also to put me over the free shipping yhreshold. They aren't the greatest ties, but the grenadine is very nice for the price.
        Aw dang, the email code says off regular priced styles, and doesn't work on the grenadines since they are already discounted.

Comment

Just got Chipp grenadines for my wedding (navy colored). Good Lord, these weigh more than two TieBar ties put together. They're so well-made I'd consider tying them together into a fancy lasso (I've been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption, sorry).

Wine and Purple are next on my hitlist.

Comment

Aw dang, the email code says off regular priced styles, and doesn't work on the grenadines since they are already discounted.
            That's a bummer. They ran an extra 30% off everything last week. They'll do it again soon. They always do.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by believe0101 View Post
              Just got Chipp grenadines for my wedding (navy colored). Good Lord, these weigh more than two TieBar ties put together. They're so well-made I'd consider tying them together into a fancy lasso (I've been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption, sorry).

I have the Navy and Wine. Great ties. Next are Black and Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                That's a bummer. They ran an extra 30% off everything last week. They'll do it again soon. They always do.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
                Hopefully. I'll just wait until either the LE sale or Chipp to restock. Not in a hurry, just would like to have a black grenadine over my black knit.

Comment

Excellent info. Thanks gents! Been looking for better quality ties than what TTB is offering but wasn't sure where to look. Cheers.

Comment

I have the Navy and Wine. Great ties. Next are Black and Brown.
                    Have you tried out Kent Wang's grenadines by any chance? Someone suggested them to me but I went with Chipp because it's slightly cheaper and a finer weave. Now that I'm looking at some more grenadines though, a couple appear to be fine-weave (e.g. purple) while others appear to be loose weave (e.g. this burgundy or this burgundy/black).

I'd love to branch out to compare the two, but for $75 that's a pricey experiment lol.

Comment

Excellent info. Thanks gents! Been looking for better quality ties than what TTB is offering but wasn't sure where to look. Cheers.
                      Highly recommend Berg & Berg as well. They have sales occasionally and that's when I usually stock up.

Have you tried out Kent Wang's grenadines by any chance? Someone suggested them to me but I went with Chipp because it's slightly cheaper and a finer weave. Now that I'm looking at some more grenadines though, a couple appear to be fine-weave (e.g. purple) while others appear to be loose weave (e.g. this burgundy or this burgundy/black).

I'd love to branch out to compare the two, but for $75 that's a pricey experiment lol.
                      I have not, mainly because they're pretty pricey. At that price point I'd take a look at Sam Hober as well.

Comment

Highly recommend Berg & Berg as well. They have sales occasionally and that's when I usually stock up.

I have not, mainly because they're pretty pricey. At that price point I'd take a look at Sam Hober as well.
                        Damn it I don't even wear ties for work why am I doing this to myself someone hold me back

Comment

I don't have anything from the TieBar, but for Chipp I have 2 grenadines, and they're my favorite ties. Waiting on the black to come back like [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION].
                          I don't have any TieBar, but Chipp grenadine is pretty great -- solid quality, doesn't feel like it'll fall apart easily, thicker build with a nice, slightly fatter knot than a lot of ties (even with smaller knots like a FIH). As I mentioned earlier, I find myself gravitating toward them more than my other ties with most looks (grenadine being a nice middle ground that works for casual looks as well as dressier looks).

EDIT: Just to add, Berg & Berg also has some nice ties for reasonable prices when on sale; a good place to find some nice patterns/stripes in a good size ~3in. I haven't tried their knit ties, so can't comment there.

Comment

Red Dead, great games -- had totally forgotten about them until you mentioned them.

I own the wine, it's phenomenal. Just ordered a bunch this morning: purple (not lilac), brown, slate blue, and rust... just want to add black to finish it out.
                            Last edited by hornsup84; May 6, 2016, 03:03 PM. Reason: Speeeelling

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                              Read Dead, great games -- had totally forgotten about them until you mentioned them.

I own the wine, it's phenomenal. Just ordered a bunch this morning: purple (not lilac), brown, slate blue, and rust... just want to add black to finish it out.
                              does Chipp ever have sales?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                                does Chipp ever have sales?
                                I haven't seen one, but I also haven't subscribed to emails, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X