This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Uhh, not sure what you want to know about it. Just a basic casual braided belt from LE.

Dressed for 80 degree weather today....

JC jacket, shirt (short-sleeved), and shoes, LE chinos and belt, GMT Master IIc.
    Liking those longwings a lot, I've been thinking about getting some blue suede for the summer -- thoughts on them? They look like these: https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...8423/B8423.jsp but maybe an earlier iteration with red rubber soles?

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
      Liking those longwings a lot, I've been thinking about getting some blue suede for the summer -- thoughts on them? They look like these: https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...8423/B8423.jsp but maybe an earlier iteration with red rubber soles?
      These are the Kenton suede wingtips I got on sale for $65 last year, so they are a bit different than the Ludlow (no metal eyelets, for one thing). I'm not into expensive shoes the way some people here are so I don't know how these compare with the big boys, but IMO J.Crew makes really nice suede shoes if you can get them at a good sale price. These ones were comfortable out of the box, have a nice classic buck shape that's chunky but not too chunky, and the suede quality seems decent.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hardy View Post
        Loving the shirt, going to look out for one here.
        If I recall correctly, this particular shirt was only last year, but they have plenty of other subtly patterned aloha shirts (I have a grey one I love). Their slim fit is aces for warm weather, just slim enough but doesn't restrict airflow.
        Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          These are the Kenton suede wingtips I got on sale for $65 last year, so they are a bit different than the Ludlow (no metal eyelets, for one thing). I'm not into expensive shoes the way some people here are so I don't know how these compare with the big boys, but IMO J.Crew makes really nice suede shoes if you can get them at a good sale price. These ones were comfortable out of the box, have a nice classic buck shape that's chunky but not too chunky, and the suede quality seems decent.
          Thanks, makes sense. I'm not sure I want to spend $300 on blue suede shoes, but $65 sounds awesome. I actually prefer the red rubber to the leather sole, too.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
            Thanks, makes sense. I'm not sure I want to spend $300 on blue suede shoes, but $65 sounds awesome. I actually prefer the red rubber to the leather sole, too.
            The Ludlow shoes are frequently on sale, usually 30% off, if not more. Never pay full price for them.

Comment

Top: H&M
              Pants: Chancellor
              Shoes: Aldo
              Belt & no-show socks: BR
              Watch: Casio MDV-106 with Barton NATO band
              Fitibit Flex with H&M bracelet
              5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post

Top: H&M
                Pants: Chancellor
                Shoes: Aldo
                Belt & no-show socks: BR
                Watch: Casio MDV-106 with Barton NATO band
                Fitibit Flex with H&M bracelet
                How are you liking Aldo? I've been real tempted by several of their models recently.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                  If I recall correctly, this particular shirt was only last year, but they have plenty of other subtly patterned aloha shirts (I have a grey one I love). Their slim fit is aces for warm weather, just slim enough but doesn't restrict airflow.
                  Sounds great thanks Terminado
                  Tim Hardy
                  Handmade English Bridle Leather Belts
                  The Worcestershire Leather Company

Comment

[MENTION=15227]Tim Hardy[/MENTION]
                    It's technically their 'standard fit', FWIW.
                    Duncan

Comment

Cheers I'll get away with that I think
                      Tim Hardy
                      Handmade English Bridle Leather Belts
                      The Worcestershire Leather Company

Comment

WIWT

Finally breaking out this navy glen plaid suit I got a little while back. Hard to capture in pictures but rather nice in real life. I realized I don't really have many ties that go with it really well, other than burgundy, particularly that are solids and don't mesh poorly with the pattern. May grab a chocolate brown or orange/rust color grenadine tie to change things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by hornsup84; May 5, 2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
                          How are you liking Aldo? I've been real tempted by several of their models recently.

I have 3 Aldo shoes - this, a pebbled leather dress boot and a Mr. B tan wingtip boots.
                          I find their quality good for the price I pay, as I usually get them on sale.
                          Most Aldo shoes are made in china, but I always look out for the ones that are still made in Portugal.
                          5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                            I have 3 Aldo shoes - this, a pebbled leather dress boot and a Mr. B tan wingtip boots.
                            I find their quality good for the price I pay, as I usually get them on sale.
                            Most Aldo shoes are made in china, but I always look out for the ones that are still made in Portugal.
                            Good to know. I've got some time before the wedding so I'll try and catch a pair on sale then

Comment

Slightly more formal WIWT today. It's chilly today so I can get away with a sweater.

Mock neck: American Eagle (thrifted and just a little bit too big)
                              Shirt: CT slim fit Herringbone Fleck. I'm a little disappointed in their revamped slim, but I can't complain too much considering that I got it for $19 (off of $110. This fabric is crazy awesome).
                              Tie: Stafford. I know paisley's not 'in', but I dig it. I have one in purple and grey as well.
                              Pants: Levi's 513 in tumbled rigid.
                              Shoes: The almighty Dr. Martens.

Thoughts, as always, are appreciated.
                              Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                                Thoughts, as always, are appreciated.
                                Lots of different levels of formality here. Was there a certain reason you dressed this way today?

Comment

Working...
                                X