This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Yes! Pinroll is exactly what I meant, not tightroll. My bad!
    I definitely do like pinrolling with sneakers; it shows off the shoes without looking like full-on joggers. I never thought to do it in this context...maybe tomorrow's WIWT
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
      I definitely do like pinrolling with sneakers; it shows off the shoes without looking like full-on joggers. I never thought to do it in this context...maybe tomorrow's WIWT
      Sounds good! I'd recommend a bit of a looser pinroll with boat shoes though, since the whole purpose of summer outfits is to keep everything breathable, so you don't wanna totally close off those airways

Comment

For all those anti-selfiers out there
        Threw in some spring colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes! Pinroll is exactly what I meant, not tightroll. My bad!
          Is there actually a difference? I thought the only difference was the age of the person saying it.

Comment

Originally posted by dpark View Post
            Is there actually a difference? I thought the only difference was the age of the person saying it.
            We actually call that "pegging" your jeans in New England.

Comment

[MENTION=14764]dpark[/MENTION] [MENTION=4677]Shade[/MENTION]
              My father refers to it as "pegging"; I've heard it as "pinroll" in both England and the US. "Tightroll" would likely be correct as well, I was just clarifying as I'd never heard it that way before.
              Duncan

Comment

Today's springy WIWT with [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION]'s suggestion of pinrolls with boat shoes.

SS button-down: Reyn Spooner Natural Indigo (one of my most prized possessions)
                Pants: Levi's 513 corduroys
                Belt: American Eagle
                Shoes: Sperry Authentic Original two-eye

Close-up on the shirt. Not overly aloha shirt looking, I don't think.

Shot of how the pants look with the pinrolls. A bit messy bc I'm working on looser rolls.
                Duncan

Comment

[MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION] I'm not sure I like the pinroll -- it makes your cords look like joggers. The way you had it done yesterday was better, IMO.

Comment

[MENTION=14375]dangerpenguin[/MENTION]

I'm not sure I do either, and it kinda restricts the airflow. You gotta experiment sometimes though!
                    Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                      [MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION] I'm not sure I like the pinroll -- it makes your cords look like joggers. The way you had it done yesterday was better, IMO.
                      Agree on the joggers esque look

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                        Yup. After actually seeing it done, I agree. Maybe it would be worth it to have the chinos tapered, unless he likes having the flair around the ankle, then more power to him.

Comment

Yup. After actually seeing it done, I agree. Maybe it would be worth it to have the chinos tapered, unless he likes having the flair around the ankle, then more power to him.
                          I have a jacket I need to take in to be tailored, so I'll inquire about the pants when I go in for that. I'm back to the loose roll for now.
                          Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

GAP Factory jacket, BB OCBD, JCF linen trousers, LE belt, GMT Master IIc, Florsheim longwings.

I'm a little ambivalent about these trousers. I like the linen material but the stripe makes me feel like I'm wearing pajama pants. The Bedford slim fit is also just "ok." I think the Bedford classic, worn one size smaller, is actually a better overall fit.
                            Like the belt style, a bit like one I used to make. Please tell me more about it if you can find time.
                            Tim Hardy
                            Tim Hardy
                            Handmade English Bridle Leather Belts
                            The Worcestershire Leather Company

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                              Today's springy WIWT with [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION]'s suggestion of pinrolls with boat shoes.

SS button-down: Reyn Spooner Natural Indigo (one of my most prized possessions)
                              Pants: Levi's 513 corduroys
                              Belt: American Eagle
                              Shoes: Sperry Authentic Original two-eye

Close-up on the shirt. Not overly aloha shirt looking, I don't think.

Shot of how the pants look with the pinrolls. A bit messy bc I'm working on looser rolls.
                              Loving the shirt, going to look out for one here.
                              Tim Hardy
                              Handmade English Bridle Leather Belts
                              The Worcestershire Leather Company

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hardy View Post
                                Like the belt style, a bit like one I used to make. Please tell me more about it if you can find time.
                                Tim Hardy
                                Uhh, not sure what you want to know about it. Just a basic casual braided belt from LE.

Dressed for 80 degree weather today....

JC jacket, shirt (short-sleeved), and shoes, LE chinos and belt, GMT Master IIc.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X