Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little casual flavor from over the weekend. My apologies for the mess; trip packing going on and it's the only full-length mirror in the house.
    Button down: Gap Lived-in: thrifted for $8 (I have a hard time finding shirts that are the right length in the body to wear untucked, but this one is perfect imo)
    Pants: Levi's 513 corduroy
    Shoes: Sperry authentic original
    Belt (not seen) American Eagle, 100% leather
    Watch: Garmin Forerunner heart rate monitor (my quest for a good casual watch is incomplete, so far)

And closer view of the shirt

Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
      My apologies for the mess
      No. I will not forgive you for the mess. You solve that Rubik's Cube right now, mister!

Comment

Gosh darnit
        Duncan

Comment

As I said, guys ...my bad. I miss understood the thread - If I have some time in future and pluck up the courage (and am wearing the same get-up) I'll post a photograph.

Comment

Originally posted by ouime View Post
            As I said, guys ...my bad. I miss understood the thread - If I have some time in future and pluck up the courage (and am wearing the same get-up) I'll post a photograph.
            Please do!
            Duncan

Comment

Shoes: Mercanti Fiorentini
              Socks: J. Crew Factory
              Slacks: Gap
              Shirt: J. Crew Factory
              Tie: The Tie Bar

Comment

Little casual flavor from over the weekend. My apologies for the mess; trip packing going on and it's the only full-length mirror in the house.
                Button down: Gap Lived-in: thrifted for $8 (I have a hard time finding shirts that are the right length in the body to wear untucked, but this one is perfect imo)
                Pants: Levi's 513 corduroy
                Shoes: Sperry authentic original
                Belt (not seen) American Eagle, 100% leather
                Watch: Garmin Forerunner heart rate monitor (my quest for a good casual watch is incomplete, so far)

And closer view of the shirt

Uncuff the pants and your golden

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post

I actually don't mind the cuffing, especially when worn with Sperry's. Maybe just clean up the roll?

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                    I actually don't mind the cuffing, especially when worn with Sperry's. Maybe just clean up the roll?
                    Dude was dressed like that and packing -- I'm generally far less dapper when doing so. I agree that a roll works better with Sperrys too (or white canvas sneakers, etc.).

That plaid shirt pattern/colors is nice, and I agree the length is pretty great on you [MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION]

Comment

@pepepito [MENTION=14375]dangerpenguin[/MENTION]

My roll is a little messy here, but I find the straight leg pants with boat shoes look off without it, on me at least.
                      [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION]

The green pops even more in really life! I'm quite pleased, especially considering it was a thrift find.
                      Duncan

Comment

My roll is a little messy here, but I find the straight leg pants with boat shoes look off without it, on me at least.
                        Have you tried doing a tight roll? (basically, fold the pants over themselves to give it a taper before cuffing) That would, IMHO, make it look more clean.

Comment

GAP Factory jacket, BB OCBD, JCF linen trousers, LE belt, GMT Master IIc, Florsheim longwings.

I'm a little ambivalent about these trousers. I like the linen material but the stripe makes me feel like I'm wearing pajama pants. The Bedford slim fit is also just "ok." I think the Bedford classic, worn one size smaller, is actually a better overall fit.
                          Ben

Comment

@pepepito [MENTION=14375]dangerpenguin[/MENTION]

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION]

The green pops even more in really life! I'm quite pleased, especially considering it was a thrift find.
                            I think it's ultimately fine--casual matches casual. My chinos/jeans all taper from the knee and I still feel like they don't look quite right without at least a small cuff.

Comment

[MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION]
                              Like a pinroll? I never really thought of doing that with anything besides sneakers, but I'll have to try it out next time I'm wearing the Sperrys.
                              [MENTION=14375]dangerpenguin[/MENTION]
                              In this particular case, I find it's nice for airflow as well.
                              [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]
                              I feel like those could look very pajama-esque with just a shirt, but they work within the context of the jacket imo.
                              Duncan

Comment

Like a pinroll? I never really thought of doing that with anything besides sneakers, but I'll have to try it out next time I'm wearing the Sperrys.
                                Yes! Pinroll is exactly what I meant, not tightroll. My bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X