This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
    I really like the green in the tie and the burgundy(?) loafers. Does the tie have the little loop to hold the back blade though? It looks a little off hanging out imo.
    Sprezzatura, bro I actually like to let it hang out to the side because it gives the tie a little more size, since this suit does have very large lapels, while also giving the look a little more of a nonchalant vibe

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    Loafers with a suit?!? That actually looks good.

The question I have to ask both of you, why not wear your belt in line with your gig line? I am not military but it is how I was taught to wear a belt. We may have had this conversation a while back though.
    Casual suits, like the cotton one I'm wearing, look great with loafers! And I do normally keep my belt in-line. I guess I just wasn't paying attention the last time I fastened it.

Comment

I wore an OCBD today, but I'm thinking a shirt with a little more formality would have probably been better.

J. Crew Factory jacket
      Merona OCBD
      Tie Bar tie
      Thrifted cotton PS
      Orient Bambino
      Banana Republic trousers
      Allen Edmonds Kenilworths

Comment

[MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION]: I see what you're saying with the lapels, now that I look again. They're pretty hefty. And while that particularly brand of sprezzatura isn't something I would choose for myself, the vibe is nicely in line with the loafers.
        Dig the tie in today's 'fit, as well as that PS fold
        Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

sartorial elegance (or not) for today...

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/206673070378804826/
          https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/206673070376755046/
          https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/206673070377998819/
          https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/206673070377894818/
          https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/206673070376421033/
          https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/206673070376668487/

it's difficult to find an exact match, but it's near as damn it.

Comment

Those are all neat pics, but why not post a pic of what you actually wore today, as in a picture of yourself?

Comment

Passover service from this weekend

Stuck with a blue theme but really wanted to contrast the dark suit with the pop of the tie.

- Suit: SS Napoli
              - Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt Basketweave
              - Tie: Leonard Paris
              - Shoes: AE Strands
              - Stubble: Laziness

Comment

Originally posted by The_Manscaper View Post
                Passover service from this weekend
                Oh that tie is wonderful. Great outfit, altogether!

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                  Oh that tie is wonderful. Great outfit, altogether!
                  Thanks man!

I really have to up my tie game for the rare occasion I wear a tie.

Comment

Those are all neat pics, but why not post a pic of what you actually wore today, as in a picture of yourself?
                    NEVER do selfies... hate the things!

Comment

Originally posted by ouime View Post
                      But this is a thread to post what you're wearing today, not to post a composition of other people wearing things that are close to what you're wearing.

Comment

But this is a thread to post what you're wearing today, not to post a composition of other people wearing things that are close to what you're wearing.
                        sorry, my mistake, I'll take my ball and run with it somewhere else...

Comment

thing is, it's hard to tell if that combo works or not without seeing it all on the same person at the same time...

if we can't do that, it's kind of a pointless post =/

Comment

sorry, my mistake, I'll take my ball and run with it somewhere else...
                            We're more than happy to check out your outfits, if you're willing to post the outfits you're actually wearing.

Comment

Plenty of us don't put our faces in the pictures, as you can see above. I'm also in the selfie-hating support group, which did keep me from posting on this thread for a bit, but agree with the others that a lot can be garnered from actual pictures of the clothes on a person, such as the fit, overall color combos, etc.

Comment

Yeah no offense to [MENTION=14900]ouime[/MENTION] but I'm not gonna click a bunch of links to generic product pictures so that I can try to imagine what your outfit might look like altogether. And no amount of imagination is going to tell me whether it fits you well or not - and fit is really at least 75% of being "well dressed" as a dude.

Not a good strategy if you're looking to get any sort of feedback or reaction from posters here.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X