This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
    Seconded. Those double-monks are striking.
    Thanks guys!

I initially expected them to have a calf-like leather, but they're really grainy in a good way. Nice pick up from the outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
      That denim has a very flat color, almost looks like selvedge chinos and with it being so even in color, and it could be the lighting, but it almost looks like you were trying to be too matchy with the pants & jacket. Loving the SuitSupply double-monks with it!
      Yeah, I think it almost helped in a way. They're indigo warp and weft so yes, the flat color is different than traditional denim.

And thanks on the monks, great pickup from the outlet

Comment

Originally posted by Julio P. View Post
        Is this the caspian blue Italian cotton sportcoat?
        Yessir, and got it for $50 at a JCF store since they were clearing out mainline overstock.

Such a versatile and nice jacket.

Comment

Long time lurker on this thread, but I've finally found something I think is worthy. I recently finished high school, so my style tends towards the casual side out of necessity (art and shop classes, etc.). Low quality pics courtesy of my iPhone 4s.

Cardigan: Kenneth Cole Reactions (thrifted)
          Button down: American Eagle (yeah, I know. The only eagle is tonal and at the very bottom of the side seam)
          Watch: L.L. Bean (inherited)
          Pants: Old Navy slim fit vintage washed khaki in "Desert Cactus"
          Shoes: Clarks Bushacre 2 in Dark Brown: No picture of them today; I went down to the beach with friends and they're going to need some love before they're presentable.

Criticisms and suggestions are welcome!
          Last edited by Terminado; April 29, 2016, 10:39 PM.
          Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
            Long time lurker on this thread, but I've finally found something I think is worthy. I recently finished high school, so my style tends towards the casual side out of necessity (art and shop classes, etc.). Low quality pics courtesy of my iPhone 4s.

Cardigan: Kenneth Cole Reactions (thrifted)
            Button down: American Eagle (yeah, I know. The only eagle is tonal and at the very bottom of the side seam)
            Watch: L.L. Bean (inherited)
            Pants: Old Navy slim fit vintage washed khaki in "Desert Cactus"
            Shoes: Clarks Bushacre 2 in Dark Brown: No picture of them today; I went down to the beach with friends and they're going to need some love before they're presentable.

Criticisms and suggestions are welcome!
            For being fresh out of high school, you are killing it. And no shame with American Eagle. They actually have some very well-priced Woolrich blankets and goods on their site. They're also great for dirt-cheap clearance basics

Comment

[MENTION=13309]DuFrank[/MENTION]: Thanks man! I live in Alaska and don't do well with heat, so fall and spring are one of the few times I get to bust out the sweaters and sport coat in-between puffer jackets or bare shirts.
              Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by The_Manscaper View Post
                Yessir, and got it for $50 at a JCF store since they were clearing out mainline overstock.

Such a versatile and nice jacket.
                That is a damn steal! I'm jealous.

Comment

The discussion about navy blazers and denim this past week made me want to wear it! I personally love the look of a blazer and jeans.

SuitSupply
                  S&M
                  Gap
                  A.Testoni
                  Gagliardi

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Comment

Last time I wore this suit, it was with that black knit tie. I x-posted it to StyleForum and the biggest criticism was that it looked like I was too afraid of color, so I brightened the fit up a lot. Let me know what y'all think!

SuitSupply Hudson
                    Spider & Mackay shirt
                    SuitSupply linen tie
                    Thrifted cotton PS
                    Orient Bambino
                    J. Crew Factory belt
                    Jack Erwin Charlie Loafers

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                      Last time I wore this suit, it was with that black knit tie. I x-posted it to StyleForum and the biggest criticism was that it looked like I was too afraid of color, so I brightened the fit up a lot. Let me know what y'all think!

SuitSupply Hudson
                      Spider & Mackay shirt
                      SuitSupply linen tie
                      Thrifted cotton PS
                      Orient Bambino
                      J. Crew Factory belt
                      Jack Erwin Charlie Loafers
                      I really like the green in the tie and the burgundy(?) loafers. Does the tie have the little loop to hold the back blade though? It looks a little off hanging out imo.
                      Duncan

Comment

[MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - That makes a sport coat with jeans quite convincing. Maybe I just need to try it more often.
                        [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] - Loafers with a suit?!? That actually looks good.

The question I have to ask both of you, why not wear your belt in line with your gig line? I am not military but it is how I was taught to wear a belt. We may have had this conversation a while back though.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] - the gig line not being in line drives me absolutely insane. One of my biggest pet peeves. But the baby was screaming and the toddler wanted to go swimming! Haha, life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                            [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] - the gig line not being in line drives me absolutely insane. One of my biggest pet peeves. But the baby was screaming and the toddler wanted to go swimming! Haha, life goes on.

I am learning how to get ready with a baby currently and it is not easy.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                              Congrats! And no, it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                                When I had my first child, I couldn't even figure it out at first. I literally put my work clothes in the car the night prior, then in the morning I would drop him off at daycare and I'd shower and change at work.

At the time, it was summer and we did not yet have AC in our home, so I found that was the easiest way to avoid sweating through my dress shirts before I even left the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X