Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Dun View Post
    Not happy with today's experiment.



    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    But that's why we experiment

    Comment






      SuitSupply Washington
      Spier & Mackay shirt
      SuitSupply Tie
      Tie Bar Pocket Square
      Orient Bambino
      Cole Haan shoes

      Comment


        Dressed for a memorial service later today.



        SS Napoli, LE shirt, random tie, GMT Master II, black AE wingtip oxfords not shown.
        Ben

        Comment


          Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Dressed for a memorial service later today.



          SS Napoli, LE shirt, random tie, GMT Master II, black AE wingtip oxfords not shown.
          99% of the time I really like you're style, but, personally, I just can't do the dark suit in a smoother weave with anything but a white or very pale blue spread collar shirt. To me, it looks like casual fighting with formal with oxford button down.

          I hope everything goes okay at the service.
          Last edited by JohnG; April 29, 2016, 01:23 PM. Reason: clarification

          Comment


            Originally posted by JohnG View Post
            99% of the time I really like you're style, but, personally, I just can't do the dark suit in a smoother weave with anything but a white or very pale blue spread collar shirt. To me, it looks like casual fighting with formal with oxford button down.

            I hope everything goes okay at the service.
            I agree here, and also just a plain white pocket square and black necktie if you have one. If you don't have a plain white square, it's best to go without. A memorial service isn't the kinda place where you wanna flex your style on plebs. It looks like the Napoli fits great though!

            Comment


              Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post




              SuitSupply Washington
              Spier & Mackay shirt
              SuitSupply Tie
              Tie Bar Pocket Square
              Orient Bambino
              Cole Haan shoes
              Amazingly, your suit matches the carpet.

              Comment


                Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                99% of the time I really like you're style, but, personally, I just can't do the dark suit in a smoother weave with anything but a white or very pale blue spread collar shirt. To me, it looks like casual fighting with formal with oxford button down.

                I hope everything goes okay at the service.
                Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                I agree here, and also just a plain white pocket square and black necktie if you have one. If you don't have a plain white square, it's best to go without. A memorial service isn't the kinda place where you wanna flex your style on plebs. It looks like the Napoli fits great though!
                Thanks for the comments. The deceased is my grandma - she lived a long, joyous life and was ready to go when she did. She remained active up until nearly the end, but her health has been steadily declining for a couple years so we (her family) were also pretty prepared when things took a turn for the worse. We want this memorial to be more a celebration of her life and not so much a somber, grieving affair - hence the springy gingham pocket square. I was actually tempted to go with a light-colored linen sportcoat and off-white trousers, but opted for a more standard dark suit because my dad only owns a black suit and my brother only owns a black sportcoat. The light blue shirt and gingham PS were my attempts to lighten things up, which I think my grandma would have wanted.

                The tie features the name and crest of my alma mater, which was also where my grandma did part of her undergrad, so it was the obvious tie choice for me.

                As to the collar, I am simply not a big adherent of spread collars, and not real committed to the "no button-down collars on dress shirts" school. For the record, this isn't an OCBD - just a dress shirt with a button-down collar.
                Ben

                Comment


                  P.S. It was a weird week for me - neither my dad nor my brother have the slightest interest in style, neither of them owned a tie, and my brother didn't even own a dress shirt or dress shoes. I bought them some nice grenadine ties, helped my brother find a shirt, advised on appropriate shoes (nice cowboy boots>combat boots). One of the rare instances I've been asked to dispense style advice IRL.
                  Ben

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    P.S. It was a weird week for me - neither my dad nor my brother have the slightest interest in style, neither of them owned a tie, and my brother didn't even own a dress shirt or dress shoes. I bought them some nice grenadine ties, helped my brother find a shirt, advised on appropriate shoes (nice cowboy boots>combat boots). One of the rare instances I've been asked to dispense style advice IRL.
                    A weird time for sure, I went through something similar (but not as dire from a style perspective) not too long ago -- sorry for your loss.

                    Comment


                      WIWT from Wednesday. Went to Vancouver for a whirlwind business trip and wanted to wear denim the second day so I threw together this outfit.

                      http://imgur.com/rnUO2Jf

                      I was worried the blue sport coat would clash too much with the denim, but it actually didn't turn it out too badly.

                      - Sportcoat: J.Crew
                      - Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
                      - Denim: SOSO
                      - Shoes: SuSu
                      - Wach: Casio

                      Also, can anyone tell me how to create inline images so you don't have to click through links?

                      Comment


                        Casual for a driving night.

                        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by The_Manscaper View Post
                          WIWT from Wednesday. Went to Vancouver for a whirlwind business trip and wanted to wear denim the second day so I threw together this outfit.

                          http://imgur.com/rnUO2Jf

                          I was worried the blue sport coat would clash too much with the denim, but it actually didn't turn it out too badly.

                          - Sportcoat: J.Crew
                          - Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
                          - Denim: SOSO
                          - Shoes: SuSu
                          - Wach: Casio

                          Also, can anyone tell me how to create inline images so you don't have to click through links?
                          If you put [img] then the link then [/img] it will work. If you have an app like tapatalk, you can just insert a picture from the app. I use tapatalk to post pictures, otherwise I mostly browse on a laptop.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by The_Manscaper View Post
                            http://imgur.com/rnUO2Jf

                            I was worried the blue sport coat would clash too much with the denim, but it actually didn't turn it out too badly.

                            - Sportcoat: J.Crew
                            - Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
                            - Denim: SOSO
                            - Shoes: SuSu
                            - Wach: Casio
                            Is this the caspian blue Italian cotton sportcoat?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by The_Manscaper View Post
                              WIWT from Wednesday. Went to Vancouver for a whirlwind business trip and wanted to wear denim the second day so I threw together this outfit.



                              I was worried the blue sport coat would clash too much with the denim, but it actually didn't turn it out too badly.
                              That denim has a very flat color, almost looks like selvedge chinos and with it being so even in color, and it could be the lighting, but it almost looks like you were trying to be too matchy with the pants & jacket. Loving the SuitSupply double-monks with it!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                                That denim has a very flat color, almost looks like selvedge chinos and with it being so even in color, and it could be the lighting, but it almost looks like you were trying to be too matchy with the pants & jacket. Loving the SuitSupply double-monks with it!
                                Seconded. Those double-monks are striking.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X