This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    Thanks! The pants look great in the morning but as they settle throughout the day they show a little more break. Shoes are dark brown but catch hues from different light sources. I am still up in the air about purchasing burgundy shoes.
    Whats the hesitation with burgundy shoes? One of the safest plays out there IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
      Whats the hesitation with burgundy shoes? One of the safest plays out there IMO.
      I guess it is more figuring out how to add a burgundy shoe with crossing paths with other shoes I own. Some people are okay with owning the same shoe in multiple colors but I like to branch out a little more. I have quite a few brogues so maybe a some sort of cap-toe, adelaide, or 2 or 3 eyelet derby.

Comment

I guess it is more figuring out how to add a burgundy shoe with crossing paths with other shoes I own. Some people are okay with owning the same shoe in multiple colors but I like to branch out a little more. I have quite a few brogues so maybe a some sort of cap-toe, adelaide, or 2 or 3 eyelet derby.
        Definitely get a burgundy. Color #8 boot/chukka would be my recommendation. I just bought these, http://i.imgur.com/UXHMLSx.jpg?2 http://i.imgur.com/S7fsf82.jpg?2 but had to return them as sizing didn't work for me. Can't go wrong as, IMO, burgundy is the nicest color with grey suits.

Comment

Trying out the new sportcoat I got with my suits, paired with navy pants I think it pairs with the other blues nicely:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First day out in a new suit, plus Rangers playoff game tonight, means blue-red pairing and aggressive socks

Comment

Back to work after a week of paternity leave.

Sport coat: Hugo Boss
              Shirt: Spier & McKay
              Tie: Conrad Wu
              Pants: Banana Republic
              Shoes: Carmina

wow, your shoes always make me drool! are those new? model/color? and of course id recommend burgundy...think you could use some monk straps

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                First day out in a new suit, plus Rangers playoff game tonight, means blue-red pairing and aggressive socks
                That blue is perfect for a suit after navy and charcoal.

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                wow, your shoes always make me drool! are those new? model/color? and of course id recommend burgundy...think you could use some monk straps
                Shoes aren't new but a little over a year old. Carmina Semi-brogues in brown on the Rain last which I bought while I was in Paris last year: http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens...ue-brown-10051

I tend to not be sale driven on shoes so wait for what I want. There are some AEs on sale but the only shoe I want from AE is the University in Chili but none in my size. My wife said I should get some monks and I have been eyeing a 2 or 3-eyelet derby. Still undecided on color whether it should be in the red hues, snuff suede or something lighter, or something funky.

My wardrobe is pretty much complete with a new one in one out policy for my work clothing though that Conrad Wu tie was a gift and didn't adhere to the policy. God I love that tie.

Comment

That blue is perfect for a suit after navy and charcoal.
                  Thanks! I thought it'd be out of my comfort zone, not being a 'traditional' navy/charcoal/mid-gray, but I think it turned out great and will be a great addition for this summer with its lighter coloring (without being fully seasonal)

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post

Great fit on that suit. Where's it from? Nice look all together!

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                      Great fit on that suit. Where's it from? Nice look all together!
                      Custom from Knot Standard. My full journey from me debating what to get to now, as well as pics of the other two I got, if you're interested: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ere-to-go-next

Comment

Threw on a few of my latest additions today.

Suit: SuitSupply
                        Shirt: Spier & Mackay
                        Tie: The Tie Bar
                        Shoes: Jack Erwin
                        Watch (Not pictured): Orient

Comment

[MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] have you ever considered buying a tripod. When you raise your arm up it bunches the shoulder, detracting from the beautiful soft structure of the Hudson. Also, try and take your pictures in natural light. Smart phones take wonderful pictures if the lighting is right. When lighting is not good the pictures won't be very sharp, as we are seeing here.

As far as the outfit goes, I would classify it as excellent. It's really a shame that the pictures aren't better.
                          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                            [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] have you ever considered buying a tripod. When you raise your arm up it bunches the shoulder, detracting from the beautiful soft structure of the Hudson. Also, try and take your pictures in natural light. Smart phones take wonderful pictures if the lighting is right. When lighting is not good the pictures won't be very sharp, as we are seeing here.

As far as the outfit goes, I would classify it as excellent. It's really a shame that the pictures aren't better.
                            I've definitely thought about getting a stand or something for taking photos, and the pics are also suffering because I'm using a 4 year old refurbished iPhone (lost my old one in a very drunken night). Thanks for the feedback though!

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                              [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] have you ever considered buying a tripod..
                              I actually just remembered that I brought my iPad today and its case folds up and can work as a bit of a stand. Still not the greatest photo quality, but better.

Comment

[MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] huge improvement. Sorry for being critical, I just thought you could hugely improve quality pretty easily.
                                My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Working...
                                X