This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
    Really dig that jacket. How do you like Frank and Oak? I've never looked at them much until just now. The prices are good. How is the construction/quality/fit?
    I find that fit is *very* trim. I have to size up in shirts.

Comment

WIWT

Getaway weekend in Savannah. Time to really break in the boots [emoji106][emoji869]

Old Navy henley
      JC belt
      Uniqlo jeans
      BR socks
      AE boots w/ Timberland laces (52" electric blue laces for $5 & free shipping always -- in case anyone's looking for colorful boot laces)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=15259]yogi[/MENTION] - Your JC sport coat gives you the same appearance mine does. The waist is brought it quite a bit which makes your hips look wide then you pants taper. That is my only complaint with JC sport coats. [MENTION=13309]DuFrank[/MENTION] - Nice boots! I love my Dalton's. I may end up resoling in red Dainite when the time comes unless I can find a beat up pair on eBay to resole in which case I will have 2 pair. I missed out on someone selling some Chili Dalton's for $175 on SF.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
          [MENTION=15259]yogi[/MENTION] - Your JC sport coat gives you the same appearance mine does. The waist is brought it quite a bit which makes your hips look wide then you pants taper. That is my only complaint with JC sport coats. [MENTION=13309]DuFrank[/MENTION] - Nice boots! I love my Dalton's. I may end up resoling in red Dainite when the time comes unless I can find a beat up pair on eBay to resole in which case I will have 2 pair. I missed out on someone selling some Chili Dalton's for $175 on SF.
          Yes it does! I'm going to post a pic from today and the jacket I'm wearing is even worse. It's a Thom brown and the buttons/waste are very high, so it bows out at my hips. I'm going to post in the how does this fit thread to see if I should do anything to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Today. Thom Brown. Was/is a suit jacket, but it's flannel and has a windowpane pattern. It's not overly structured either. However, don't really love it. But it was free...

Bow tie is wool almost tweed speckled navy from banana
            Pants light grey wool flannel from BR
            Shirt from banana as well.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi View Post
              Today. Thom Brown. Was/is a suit jacket, but it's flannel and has a windowpane pattern. It's not overly structured either. However, don't really love it. But it was free...
              Is the jacket navy? Hard to see the pattern on it in those pics. Also looks a bit big relative to your previously posted jackets

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                Is the jacket navy? Hard to see the pattern on it in those pics. Also looks a bit big relative to your previously posted jackets
                Yes

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                  Red Dainite would be awesome! I have the black stock Dainite on these and it's surprising how much better they wear than leather soles.
                  Big fan of the chili and oxblood too. Glad I went with the walnut as it's what it seems the Dalton was made for, but if I were to get another pair, it'd be oxblood or chili for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                    Really dig that jacket. How do you like Frank and Oak? I've never looked at them much until just now. The prices are good. How is the construction/quality/fit?
                    Construction is good. But this is the first thing that really fit after a bunch of tried items. Still needs some tailoring and even then it won't be perfect, but I got it on super sale. Like $45? So I can forgive some things.

Returns aren't easy enough for me to really recommend it. This is the last thing I've bought but I do double check every once in a while in their sales.

Comment

Suit HSM
                      Shirt Arrow
                      Tie Rooster
                      PS ???

Comment

Driving all day in the rain.
                        Gustin black/aqua jeans.
                        H&M henley.
                        Cotton JCF sweater
                        Chambray Cotton On bomber that gets more compliments from my wife than any other item or entire outfit. I seriously need to learn why, and how I can reproduce it.
                        Some cheapo Asos wingtip desert boots I got for my dad. I thought less eyelets would be easier on his arthritis for church shoes but his Alziehmer's makes laces too hard.

Comment

This is as colorful as I get dressed up.

Indoors
                          http://i.imgur.com/Ma5evIQ.jpg?1
                          http://i.imgur.com/g8vGlWB.jpg?1

Outdoors
                          http://i.imgur.com/BC1Rm51.jpg?1
                          http://i.imgur.com/bEVPxKP.jpg?1

Jacket: Jcrew
                          Pants: Jcrew
                          Shirt: Nordstrom
                          Tie: Chipp
                          Boots: BB x Alden
                          Watch: Orient
                          Socks: Jcrew x Darn Tough
                          Last edited by devastitis; April 12, 2016, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Spring seems to be finally here (in Toronto)... couple of weeks ago:

Comment

Thoughts on this for friend's wedding tomorrow?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Baptiste Grenouille View Post
                                Thoughts on this for friend's wedding tomorrow?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                                Here's where my lack of expertise will probably be exposed, but I'll give it a shot since the wedding is tomorrow:
                                I'm not sure what it is, but somehow the pieces together seem a little "off". It looks like each individual piece seems to fit well, although there's always room for nitpicking: the blazer could be longer, the shirt color seems too big, pants could maybe do with a little less break. But none of things are going to be fixed by tomorrow, even if you wanted to change them.

So three things I would suggest:

1. Go with a slightly more formal pant with a higher rise (so your belt buckle doesn't show when the jacket is buttoned) and a center crease. If you can, try to use a pant with less break; it kinda looks like you're trying to dress up beige jeans right now.

2. Just personal preference, but I would choose a solid shirt in white or light blue, or maybe a pale, tone-on-tone strip or check. Maybe it's the tie color in contrast; I just cannot pull off green in any shade. So a knit tie or even a rep tie would be my preference.

3. I'd try something more structured with the white pocket square. Whenever I see a white pocket square fluffed out like that, it makes me think someone didn't stuff a Kleenex in their pocket down far enough to hide it. If you have a colored or patterned square, by all means go for it!

Anyway, just my 2 cents and most of it is personal preference. Something like this is not far from what I think you're going for:

To me, that just looks more pulled together. Have fun at the wedding, hope there's an open bar!
                                Last edited by JohnG; April 15, 2016, 07:03 PM. Reason: Because Friday, dammit! Can't type with beer in hand

Comment

Working...
                                X