This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Yeah, just some BS oldworld "rule" about menswear.

Thanks! They're Jack Erwin's "Charlie" loafer in Burgundy. Blake-stitch made them easy to break in and they're just chunky enough to wear casually while still remaining low-profile for a semi-dressed up look.
    Noted. Thanks.

Comment

Comment

Date night

CG suit jacket
        JC vest and pants
        Massimo Dutti sweater
        Grenson boots
        Perry Ellis belt

Comment

How's the jacket fit with a sweater and a vest? It seems like you would have to buy it that loose to fit those two items. SuitSupply had those combo type jacket/vests and people laughed but I am seeing it more often though I am personally not a fan. Must still be cold where you are at?
          [MENTION=14858]DMB[/MENTION] - I like the colors together. Green and purple are one of my favorite combos.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            How's the jacket fit with a sweater and a vest? It seems like you would have to buy it that loose to fit those two items. SuitSupply had those combo type jacket/vests and people laughed but I am seeing it more often though I am personally not a fan. Must still be cold where you are at?
            [MENTION=14858]DMB[/MENTION] - I like the colors together. Green and purple are one of my favorite combos.
            With only a button-down or sweater, the jacket actually fits well and isn't loose. But with the vest, I can't button the jacket comfortably or else the lapels will bow out and the armholes cut off circulation haha, which is why I'd only wear it unbuttoned here. Also the sweater here is really thin and adds less bulk than a button-down, so this only really works with really thin sweaters in my experience. I'm wearing a cable knit sweater today, and with the jacket I wouldn't be able to bend my arms much.

Temperature can vary a lot here as with most places. Was in the 60s and 70s, then dropped to 40s a couple nights the past 2 weeks. That's probably not cold for someone up north, but 40s warrants a few layers for me personally. 20s/30s would be full on sweater, overcoat, scarf, gloves haha

Comment

X-post from Sunday Challenge.

JC jacket, BB OCBD, Nantucket belt, Levi's 541 pants, Seiko watch on C&B strap, 1901 tan suede double monks not shown
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                Enjoying the first day of spring....

LE sweatshirt and shorts, Uniqlo polo, Sperry boat shoes, Seiko watch on C&B strap
                Awesome hoodie. I feel like there is a lot you could do with that. Just checked the LE site, unfortunately, doesn't look available.
                My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Popped my 'wear a sport coat to work' cherry

Jacket: Stafford
                  Shirt: Kirkland
                  Tie: Saddlebred
                  Belt: ??
                  Trousers: Alfani Red
                  Bag: Filson

Comment

[MENTION=13204]bernanke[/MENTION] congratulations. How did it feel?
                    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                      [MENTION=13204]bernanke[/MENTION] congratulations. How did it feel?
                      Not going to lie it's an adjustment, but I liked it and will certainly continue. Work is a step or two below business formal, but I always give a buddy a hard time when he even wears a tie, so he let me know he noticed a sport coat. Speaking of adjustments, my tailor said the jacket fits great. It's my shirt sleeves that are too short. Have a couple with what I considered "longer" sleeves so they should work perfectly.

Comment

Solid first look, [MENTION=13204]bernanke[/MENTION] - I agree with your tailor, jacket sleeves look fine, just need sleeves a bit longer. A lot of people are really picky on that point (some sleeve showing), but in real life most people won't think twice if there isn't much peeking out. They'd more likely notice if the shirt sleeve is a lot longer than the coat sleeve, since visually that's more disruptive.

Comment

Casual "Friday" (company holiday tomorrow)

Old Navy henley
                          Joe Abboud belt
                          CK Jeans
                          AE Dalton (2nds)
                          BR briefcase recently reviewed by Joe

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gzYe6Wn.jpg?1

Shirt: Taylor Stitch
                            Pants: Iron Heart

Comment

Are you holding shirt from back!
                              Eat what is good for your health but
                              Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

I need to find a mirror, but I'm pretty dang happy with my outfit today. Really feel like I've put together something nice (although it's basic).

Shirt: light blue OCBD from Gap
                                Pants: Levi's 541 medium wash
                                Belt: Levi's jean belt (mid brown)
                                Shoes: Florsheim Doon chukka (mid brown)
                                Watch: Orient Mako blue
                                Jacket: Merona Harrington (navy)

Very similar to this look I guess, although this isn't me:

Comment

Working...
                                X