This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I've decided I need to step up my work attire game a bit--and start wearing the sportcoats I have more (new suits and another sportcoat en route by early April). Forgot pics from Monday but here are the last two days.

Tues: broke out my AE walnut strands for the first time in ages, thought it worked well with the brown tones and gave it some contrast vs. the coat. Sportcoat is Knot Standard, Ratio shirt and Bonobos cotton/linen blend pants. I think the mini check shirt still works with the larger patterned coat but open to criticism.

Today: Warm day in the City so went with an old JC (JCF?) jacket from a few years ago that doesn't get much use. Rather small lapels for my frame but has a fun roll to them for a very casual look. It's also a bit big on me, but looser for a linen jacket isn't the worst thing IMO. Another Ratio shirt and Bonobos washed chinos with real beat up bourbon AE McAllisters.

Adding another pic showing size/fit of jacket:

How do you feel about the AE bourbon color? I've been interested as it's their closest to a medium brown, but it looks like photos of it vary widely to having a green or even grey tinge sometimes. Some good deals on the shoebank right now for that color since it's been discontinued

Comment

Jacket: SuitSupply
      Shirt: S&M
      Tier: SuitSupply
      Trouser: JCrew
      Shoes: Cole Haan

Comment

Very nice, [MENTION=14375]dangerpenguin[/MENTION]. Simple, understated, and classic. It all works.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
          Jacket: SuitSupply
          Shirt: S&M
          Tier: SuitSupply
          Trouser: JCrew
          Shoes: Cole Haan
          Just wondering. Did you go to SuitSupply's S/S16 Release Party last night in Dallas?

Comment

Feeling Blue it's Friday......not!

Jacket - H&M
            Sweater - BR
            Jeans - BR
            Belt - J Crew
            Chelsea Boots - Cole Haan
            Watch - Great George NYC

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
              Just wondering. Did you go to SuitSupply's S/S16 Release Party last night in Dallas?
              I saw that was going on but had a prior commitment so couldn't make it out. I'm also on wife-mandated house arrest from that store. Did you go?

Thanks [MENTION=14673]BobLikesDeals[/MENTION].

Comment

I saw that was going on but had a prior commitment so couldn't make it out. I'm also on wife-mandated house arrest from that store. Did you go?
                I did! It was a lot of fun. They invited me when I went in earlier yesterday to try on a couple suits. They said it was a last-minute thing they put together, so I think they did quite well with that!

Comment

I did! It was a lot of fun. They invited me when I went in earlier yesterday to try on a couple suits. They said it was a last-minute thing they put together, so I think they did quite well with that!
                  Awesome. Hopefully they'll have a F/W release party if this was such a success and maybe I'll bump into you @ SS then, if not before.

Comment

I was invited to the party at the SuitSupply in Georgetown when I swung by a few weeks before, something about live music and cocktails. Wasn't able to make it, but it definitely wasn't last-minute.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                      I was invited to the party at the SuitSupply in Georgetown when I swung by a few weeks before, something about live music and cocktails. Wasn't able to make it, but it definitely wasn't last-minute.
                      The Dallas one was, as they told me. They didn't even get the new marketing campaign in to put up. I'm jealous of the live music aspect of Georgetown, though! They had a DJ playing in Dallas.

Awesome. Hopefully they'll have a F/W release party if this was such a success and maybe I'll bump into you @ SS then, if not before.
                      Maybe! Maybe we could do a Dappered Dallas meetup haha

Comment

The Dallas one was, as they told me. They didn't even get the new marketing campaign in to put up. I'm jealous of the live music aspect of Georgetown, though! They had a DJ playing in Dallas.

Maybe! Maybe we could do a Dappered Dallas meetup haha
                        I was at the store on the same day the S/S inventory showed up -- was surprised then (as were they) that they didn't receive any marketing material with new inventory. But even more surprised to hear they still don't have it now, 2 weeks later, and at their "Flagship" location no less.

And I'd be down for that. I think there are at least 5 or 6 of us that post on here fairly regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
                          How do you feel about the AE bourbon color? I've been interested as it's their closest to a medium brown, but it looks like photos of it vary widely to having a green or even grey tinge sometimes. Some good deals on the shoebank right now for that color since it's been discontinued
                          To be honest, I like the idea of the bourbon color and from afar it's a nice medium brown, but at least the McAllisters that I have were not finished very well and got splotchy very quickly. Paired with the rubber-covered sole they came with, I typically use them for my rainy day shoes, but I have been wearing them notwithstanding them looking shitty because the McA's last fits my feet rather well and I love the design as well. After we get through this winter (I'm guessing it'll get colder again at least for a few more weeks), I'm going to get them recrafting (debating the 'standard' vs just getting the 'refinishing' and doing the sole/heel with my local guy) to see if they turn out better. I might have gotten a lemon pair, but I wouldn't recommend the bourbon to anyone at this stage. YMMV

Originally posted by burban View Post
                          I really like this look. I've got a couple lighter brown sportcoats that I'm never quite sure how to wear, but this kind of look is it. Are those dark brown chinos?
                          Thanks! Those are actually burgundy chinos (Bonobos washed chinos, in particular).

Originally posted by Nleaders View Post
                          [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] Haha. I totally wore that outfit a few days ago. I have the same jacket and the same shoes. I wore a white OCBD, too. Subbed in olive pants, but it was darn close.

You make it look good.
                          Thanks, man -- having broken it back out, the light brown/tan glen plaid is actually pretty versatile in that you can pair it with just about any colored (as in non-khaki) chino/slack on the bottom. Glad I did, as it reminded me of why I bought it in the first place.

The pattern on that jacket is awesome & I think the colors look great paired with the burgundy chinos. Nice look.
                          Thanks!

Comment

I was at the store on the same day the S/S inventory showed up -- was surprised then (as were they) that they didn't receive any marketing material with new inventory. But even more surprised to hear they still don't have it now, 2 weeks later, and at their "Flagship" location no less.

And I'd be down for that. I think there are at least 5 or 6 of us that post on here fairly regularly.
                            Meghan told me that it was something with the coloring on the giant posters, so they had to send them back & they haven't received the replacements yet.

Maybe we should post something in the Other forum for a meetup and go out to lower Greenville or bishop arts or something?

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/BiGPPKD.jpg?1
                              http://i.imgur.com/jmPNpmo.jpg?1

Jacket: Jcrew
                              Pants: Bonobos
                              Watch: Orient
                              Boots: Alden/Benjos

Comment

From yesterday--before it got cold & rainy.

Sweater: Gap (more linen)
                                Shirt: Chaps
                                Pants: JCF Sutton
                                Shoes: AE Cronmunk

Comment

Working...
                                X