Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Long Lunch...



    Suit - Combatant Gent
    Shirt - BR
    Tie/Clip/Square - The Tie Bar
    Belt - Trafalgar
    Single Monks - BR
    Watch - Seiko

    Comment


      WIWT

      I've decided I need to step up my work attire game a bit--and start wearing the sportcoats I have more (new suits and another sportcoat en route by early April). Forgot pics from Monday but here are the last two days.

      Tues: broke out my AE walnut strands for the first time in ages, thought it worked well with the brown tones and gave it some contrast vs. the coat. Sportcoat is Knot Standard, Ratio shirt and Bonobos cotton/linen blend pants. I think the mini check shirt still works with the larger patterned coat but open to criticism.



      Today: Warm day in the City so went with an old JC (JCF?) jacket from a few years ago that doesn't get much use. Rather small lapels for my frame but has a fun roll to them for a very casual look. It's also a bit big on me, but looser for a linen jacket isn't the worst thing IMO. Another Ratio shirt and Bonobos washed chinos with real beat up bourbon AE McAllisters.




      Adding another pic showing size/fit of jacket:

      Comment


        Originally posted by DuFrank View Post



        Silk/cotton sweater- Massimo Dutti
        Polo- Cremeiux
        Belt- Perry Ellis
        Herringbone wool pants- JC Bowery ($30 from the sale!)
        Suede chukka boots- JC
        Eyeing that watch as my first Rolex
        5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

        Comment


          Before work
          http://i.imgur.com/HG4Qal8.jpg?1

          At work
          http://i.imgur.com/BnxWQDD.jpg?1
          http://i.imgur.com/kIG09ZN.jpg?1

          Shirt: Taylor Stitch
          Pants: Indigogene
          Watch: Orient
          Boots: Red Wing

          Comment


            http://m.imgur.com/Lj7Cc1O,oxmF3NY,qVyvY27

            SuSu Havana in non navy blue
            jPress

            Comment




              Blazer: S&M Model 2 (needs some tailoring)
              Sweater, shirt, and slacks: BR
              Shoes: AE Kenilworth

              Comment


                Originally posted by BobLikesDeals View Post


                Blazer: S&M Model 2 (needs some tailoring)
                Sweater, shirt, and slacks: BR
                Shoes: AE Kenilworth
                Where exactly do you think it needs tailoring? It looks great to me.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                  Where exactly do you think it needs tailoring? It looks great to me.
                  Thanks, I appreciate that. I'd like the sleeves shortened slightly (~.25 of an inch), because my shirt cuff gets lost too often. I'd also be interested to see if it would be possible to pull in the waist a touch, although that might lead to too much pulling in the chest.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by BobLikesDeals View Post
                    Thanks, I appreciate that. I'd like the sleeves shortened slightly (~.25 of an inch), because my shirt cuff gets lost too often. I'd also be interested to see if it would be possible to pull in the waist a touch, although that might lead to too much pulling in the chest.
                    The sleeves shortening I agree with but I would leave the waist as is.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                      The sleeves shortening I agree with but I would leave the waist as is.
                      I agree. I would leave the waist alone. In terms of the sleeves, I think they look fine, and not worth the alteration. I like the look overall.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by BobLikesDeals View Post


                        Blazer: S&M Model 2 (needs some tailoring)
                        Sweater, shirt, and slacks: BR
                        Shoes: AE Kenilworth
                        Sleeves are long I agree.

                        But I would be the other side of the group here and say get the waist taken in a bit. From that shot, it doesn't show the contour of the waist, which I think makes the V of the jacket less apparent. Personally, I like my jackets "hug" a bit.

                        It would also make your shoulders look broader.
                        5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                          Today: Warm day in the City so went with an old JC (JCF?) jacket from a few years ago that doesn't get much use. Rather small lapels for my frame but has a fun roll to them for a very casual look. It's also a bit big on me, but looser for a linen jacket isn't the worst thing IMO. Another Ratio shirt and Bonobos washed chinos with real beat up bourbon AE McAllisters.
                          The pattern on that jacket is awesome & I think the colors look great paired with the burgundy chinos. Nice look.

                          Comment


                            Home office day...



                            Jacket - BR
                            Polo - H&M
                            Jeans - Levi 511
                            Belt - BR
                            Chukkas - J Crew
                            Time-X
                            Last edited by JDI; March 10, 2016, 06:44 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post

                              Today: Warm day in the City so went with an old JC (JCF?) jacket from a few years ago that doesn't get much use. Rather small lapels for my frame but has a fun roll to them for a very casual look. It's also a bit big on me, but looser for a linen jacket isn't the worst thing IMO. Another Ratio shirt and Bonobos washed chinos with real beat up bourbon AE McAllisters.




                              Adding another pic showing size/fit of jacket:

                              I really like this look. I've got a couple lighter brown sportcoats that I'm never quite sure how to wear, but this kind of look is it. Are those dark brown chinos?

                              Comment


                                [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] Haha. I totally wore that outfit a few days ago. I have the same jacket and the same shoes. I wore a white OCBD, too. Subbed in olive pants, but it was darn close.

                                You make it look good.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X