This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    The model in that Primer article has perhaps the squarest head I've ever seen on a real person. He looks like a Lego minifig. He's a good looking dude, but that particular feature is striking!
    OH MY GOSH

you weren't joking at all!

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
      OH MY GOSH

you weren't joking at all!
      I'd argue it's more rectangular. He may appear in the sequel to the Lego Movie. Either way, he has a jawline that could make a seven nation army lay down arms and surrender.

Comment

@evenparker - Great jacket!

Comment

Client lunch...

Suit - Combatant Gent
          Shirt - Lands End
          Pocket Square - Dad's vintage
          Tie/Clip - The Tie Bar
          Shoes - Kenneth Cole
          Watch - Dad's Patek
          Last edited by JDI; March 8, 2016, 10:44 AM.

Comment

WIWT

Silk/cotton sweater- Massimo Dutti
            Polo- Cremeiux
            Belt- Perry Ellis
            Herringbone wool pants- JC Bowery ($30 from the sale!)
            Suede chukka boots- JC

Comment

i'm sure feeling the herringbone love today

Comment

Originally posted by Kittiwake30 View Post
                I'd argue it's more rectangular. He may appear in the sequel to the Lego Movie. Either way, he has a jawline that could make a seven nation army lay down arms and surrender.
                https://youtu.be/0J2QdDbelmY

Comment

Pretty standard work outfit for me (I work for a tech company where people usually wear jeans). Forgive the slouching posture and deer-in-the-headlights stare -- I was still getting into position when the timer went off. P.s. pants were not as wrinkled as they look in this picture.

Shirt - Macy's bar III
                  Chinos - Haggar slim fit (from Target)
                  Belt - Banana Republic ($15 at the outlet store)
                  Shoes - Clarks Bushacre II's

Comment

those haggar pants seem like they look better than I thought they did at the store.

Comment

[MENTION=12001]evanparker[/MENTION] Did you try on the slim ones? I'm a HUGE fan of these chinos. They've held up well to rough treatment and very frequent use. I just wish they came in more colors. I would buy the hell out of some blue ones, green ones etc. Nothing i've tried on fits as well as these ones, and you can pick them up for $30 (frequently on sale). The only brand that came close (but isn't as good) is the JCF Suttons, but they're not as slim. These chinos need to get more attention. Love em'.

Comment

Florescent lighting doing no favors in conveying accurate color tones...

Jacket: JCrew Ludlow
                        Shirt: S&M
                        Chinos: Bonobos
                        Shoes: Cole Haan

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                          Florescent lighting doing no favors in conveying accurate color tones...

Jacket: JCrew Ludlow
                          Shirt: S&M
                          Chinos: Bonobos
                          Shoes: Cole Haan
                          So is the jacket khaki? Olive? Assuming the chinos are a light khaki/stone too, but maybe white?

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                            So is the jacket khaki? Olive? Assuming the chinos are a light khaki/stone too, but maybe white?
                            Left that part off, sorry. Jacket is olive ("dark loden" according to JCrew); chinos are stone ("grey dogs").

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                              Left that part off, sorry. Jacket is olive ("dark loden" according to JCrew); chinos are stone ("grey dogs").
                              Nice, I like the contrast -- you could even go further and wear it with white jeans or something if you have those (probably not for work). Shirt looks cool too.

Sidenote, I've always thought 'stone' meant a very faint khaki (vs. a darker / 'British' khaki) vs. a grey. I might be wrong on that though.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                                Nice, I like the contrast -- you could even go further and wear it with white jeans or something if you have those (probably not for work). Shirt looks cool too.

Sidenote, I've always thought 'stone' meant a very faint khaki (vs. a darker / 'British' khaki) vs. a grey. I might be wrong on that though.
                                Thanks! The shirt is new and represents my foray into the world of chambray. So far, so good. And I think you're right re: 'stone' -- I've always assumed the opposite, but Bonobos' cryptic naming conventions make it look like faint khaki is more correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X