This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seamless View Post
    [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] I agree the colors are too close. I would have opted for a pair of grey trousers over another blue. Not a bad pairing as is.
    I agree, but I'm at a lack of grey trousers at the moment. I felt the pattern and fabric differences would be enough to warranty the pairing, but now I'm just second-guessing myself.

Comment

Enjoying the last days of Winter.

Jacket: English Laundry (got it on clearance @ $50!)
      Tie: Tommy Hilfiger (also clearance $5)
      Square: thrifted
      Shirt/Denim: H&M
      Boots: Aldo
      5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasma View Post
        [MENTION=11794]jharrisonbarrett[/MENTION], which Barbour jacket is that, and what's the size compared to your height?
        Sylkoil is just the fabric but that looks like an Ashby to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
          Sylkoil is just the fabric but that looks like an Ashby to me.
          I agree, if it's in S/M/L sizing it's not the Beaufort or Bedale. Those come in numbered sizes. Looks like my Ashby.
          Ben

Comment

Here's today. Kind of bright and a little bit country.

Bonobos jacket, LE shirt and chinos, Florsheim shoes, Nomos watch
            Ben

Comment

Totally stole this from todays primermagazine.com .....http://www.primermagazine.com/2016/s...-rugged-layers

Denim Jacket - Rock n Republic
              Shirt - BR
              Henley - Arizona
              Belt - J Crew
              Pants - Gap Carpenter Slim
              Boots - Alfani (added Cordovan polish)
              Watch - Chopard

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
                Totally stole this from todays primermagazine.com .....http://www.primermagazine.com/2016/s...-rugged-layers

Denim Jacket - Rock n Republic
                Shirt - BR
                Henley - Arizona
                Belt - J Crew
                Pants - Gap Carpenter Slim
                Boots - Alfani (added Cordovan polish)
                Watch - Chopard
                I saw a guy on our labor and delivery hospital tour in a similar fit. I just thought "I wish I could pull off that look" so I am saying I really like this fit!

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Love the jacket, shirt, and pocket square combo,

Comment

Killin it as usual. You're really not gonna put that nomos down are you? [emoji41]

Comment

WIWT

Waiting on my new suits and wearing one of the older ones... going pretty standard/conservative today. SuSu tie from the outlet, usual Ratio twill. AE black McAllisters and Mack Weldon black socks not shown.

Edit: The original pic makes the tie pattern look odd, so I figured I'd include a close up:

Last edited by hornsup84; March 2, 2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

The color on the pocket square jives with the shirt, but something about it doesn't sit right with me. It's either the amount of blue or the square pattern with the square shirt pattern. Anyways, I love the jacket/shirt combo. Tan does great with the brighter colors like white and the shirt is perfect for this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                          The color on the pocket square jives with the shirt, but something about it doesn't sit right with me. It's either the amount of blue or the square pattern with the square shirt pattern. Anyways, I love the jacket/shirt combo. Tan does great with the brighter colors like white and the shirt is perfect for this time of year.
                          I think there's some visual dissonance because the patterns on the shirt and PS are a little too close without actually matching. It looks neater from a little farther away where the PS looks more like a solid blue.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post

Waiting on my new suits and wearing one of the older ones... going pretty standard/conservative today. SuSu tie from the outlet, usual Ratio twill. AE black McAllisters and Mack Weldon black socks not shown.

Edit: The original pic makes the tie pattern look odd, so I figured I'd include a close up:

I got that same tie from the outlet and I feel like I wear it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                              I got that same tie from the outlet and I feel like I wear it all the time.
                              It's a pretty fantastic tie -- goes with nearly everything!

Comment

Picture of my BR Wyatt shoes in the sun. Lauren wool slacks and Nautica charcoal car coat.

Don't have a burgundy belt so decided to wear my black belt and watch. They are more purple in person. Look okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X