• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all rainy & gloomy today.

Jacket: Thrifted Bonobos
    Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
    Tie: SuitSupply
    Watch: Orient
    Pants: J. Crew. I need to take them to the tailor to shorten & put a cuff in them.
    Shoes: Dockers (bad weather shoes)

Comment

Comment

Office day, knocking off early for Hump Day Happy Hour....

Pullover - BR
        Shirt - Calvin Klein
        Jeans - Rock n Republic
        Belt - Marc NY
        Chukkas - John Varvatos
        Watch - Great George

Comment

First time posting, what do you think? Also, seems the forum software doesn't like to display images from google. Suggestions?

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...RYOC1tVWE2ZmR3

Tie - Roundtree and york
          Shirt - goodwill
          Shoes - BR wyatt
          Watch - Joshua and sons
          Pants - Lands end
          Sportcoat - goodwill

Comment

Originally posted by wraithburn View Post
            First time posting, what do you think? Also, seems the forum software doesn't like to display images from google. Suggestions?
            Try uploading to an image host like Imgur?

Comment

WIWT

Baracuta jacket
              Bass cardigan
              Polo button down
              J crew chinos
              J crew Pacer boots

Comment

Jacket: Stafford
                Shirt: JCP
                Tie: Tie Bar
                Square: Bandana
                Pants: Banana Republic
                Shoes: GH Bass

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post

Jacket: Stafford
                  Shirt: JCP
                  Tie: Tie Bar
                  Square: Bandana
                  Pants: Banana Republic
                  Shoes: GH Bass
                  My wife took my blue JCP OCBD to wear and has not returned it. I miss it but remember those lapels are so small and make it hard to wear with a tie. I like your coordination but those lapels make me chuckle.

Tie - Roundtree and york
                  Shirt - goodwill
                  Shoes - BR wyatt
                  Watch - Joshua and sons
                  Pants - Lands end
                  Sportcoat - goodwill
                  Hmmm. Without dismissing everything, I would like to give constructive advice. Please stick around and post as that's what we all have done to start dressing better.

1. The tie matches the pocket square which makes it look like you bought them in a set. The best instances of pulling off tie/PS are when they compliment but not completely match. Also the color does not mix with the rest of the fit. It is too loud of a red.
                  2. The tie knot is very "peacocky" which you may personally like but people who dress well tend to stick with Four-in-hand, double four-in-hand, half windsor.
                  3. The watch is very blingy and clashes but watches are personal. That looks very casual compared to what you are going for with the fit.
                  4. That is a loud pattern which makes it tough to pull off. It could work very casually and without a tie but mixed into this fit just makes it have a lot going on.

Keep posting fits and we will try to help. I use the tapatalk app to post pictures which helps, some use imgur, photobucket, and the like but you have add the [img] into the mix when posting.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                    My wife took my blue JCP OCBD to wear and has not returned it. I miss it but remember those lapels are so small and make it hard to wear with a tie. I like your coordination but those lapels make me chuckle.
                    I know. I love everything about this jacket except for the tiny lapels. It was only $15 so I'm not worried about it!

Comment

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...RYOC1tVWE2ZmR3

Tie - Roundtree and york
                      Shirt - goodwill
                      Shoes - BR wyatt
                      Watch - Joshua and sons
                      Pants - Lands end
                      Sportcoat - goodwill
                      ***Disclaimer: Views represented below are my own and not necessarily shared by anyone else. All feedback should be taken with a grain of salt knowing that our senses of style could (and most certainly are) very different.***

The good: I like the jacket and the shoes (which I own as well and love) as pieces, they have potential to be great in several outfits. The jacket looks too big in the shoulders, but the length, waist, and sleeves look good. The fits on everything looks pretty well done.

The bad: Very busy look... lot's going on here. Tie knot is super loud and would destroy any outfit's subtlety all by itself. But it doesn't look like subtlety is something you are aiming for. Printed paisley shirt, red tie with a matched square, and a gold/diamond encrusted watch are all pieces that just grab lots of attention and none are very aesthetically pleasing together, in my opinion. In all, the look as a whole just feels very in-cohesive and unsure of itself. What you choose to wear should say something about you- what exactly are these pieces trying to tell an observer if not simply asking for attention?
                      Last edited by DapperTexan; February 24, 2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Couple looks from recently.
                        Same private suit maker
                        Shirts are tmlewin or bespoke
                        Ties are from a private maker
                        Shoes are either loake 1880 strands and magnanni cap toes

Comment

Leaning toward spring today. Didn't realize how wrinkled these chinos were until I took these pics, oops.

This is a first drive for this jacket, picked up from J.Crew clearance a little while back. Haven't gotten the sleeves shortened yet but it's such a casual jacket (shirt-weight, unstructured, almost completely unlined) that I think they look fine folded back.

JC jacket, BB shirt, Kent Wang tie, JCF chinos, PRL boots, Nomos watch on navy Horween strap
                          Ben

Comment

P.S. I swear to God no matter how much running or lifting or gaining or cutting or surplus-ing or deficit-ing I do, my legs manage to get bigger while the rest of me shrinks or stays the same #thickthighssavelives
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              P.S. I swear to God no matter how much running or lifting or gaining or cutting or surplus-ing or deficit-ing I do, my legs manage to get bigger while the rest of me shrinks or stays the same #thickthighssavelives
                              I have the same issue though I know mine is from increased running mileage and only doing upper body weights 1 day a week.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Leaning toward spring today. Didn't realize how wrinkled these chinos were until I took these pics, oops.

This is a first drive for this jacket, picked up from J.Crew clearance a little while back. Haven't gotten the sleeves shortened yet but it's such a casual jacket (shirt-weight, unstructured, almost completely unlined) that I think they look fine folded back.

JC jacket, BB shirt, Kent Wang tie, JCF chinos, PRL boots, Nomos watch on navy Horween strap
                                I actually like the sleeves-folded-back thing. How very J Crew of you, though...

Comment

Working...
                                X