Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Comment




      Jacket: Bonobos
      Shirt: S&M
      Jeans: SuitSupply Selvage
      Shoes: JCP Deacon

      Comment


        Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
        Anybody heard from JDI lately?
        I'm wondering what's up with the old guy.
        I'll make believe you didn't call me that....

        Back in action. 93 year old mother been in bad shape, we've had our hands full for the last month or so...

        Saturday errands. Single digit wind chills..



        Field Jacket - BR Factory
        Sweatshirt and Chambray shirt - Gap
        Jeans - Rock n Republic
        Belt - BR
        Scarf - BR
        Suede Chelsea Boots - Kenneth Cole
        Watch - Line of Trade - Bespoke Post

        Comment




          Coffee and mall date, stopped by SuitSupply in Atlanta. The place is awesome, surprisingly has an entirely different staff since I last visited a year or two ago.

          JC shirting blazer, vest, shoes, leather braided bracelet
          Gilt pocket square
          Old Navy henley
          Uniqlo jeans

          Comment


            I bought a new flannel. The Iron Heart IHSH-101TG.

            http://i.imgur.com/oOWoQns.jpg?1

            and today, dressed up a bit.
            http://i.imgur.com/tUqYVi7.jpg?2
            http://i.imgur.com/ZC1GfyP.jpg?1
            http://i.imgur.com/kZ8FJTJ.jpg?1

            Closeup of the tie:
            http://i.imgur.com/Ke8ufBB.jpg?1

            Coat: Jcrew
            Flannel: Iron Heart
            Shirt: Nordstrom
            Tie: Berg & Berg
            Pants: Jcrew
            Watch/watchband: Orient/Gustin

            Comment


              Sitting in the church parking lot, waiting for my son:

              Shirt: Blue/White gingham button-down from Martin and Osa
              Sweater: Dark blue merino wool v-neck from Banana Republic
              Coat: Wool herringbone topcoat from Marc Andrews (thrifted)
              Watch: Seiko 5 (don't remember which one.)

              Speaking of the watch...after spending the last couple of years having a large dive or chronograph watch on my wrist, I'm starting to have a new appreciation for small (<40mm) watches. They sit comfortably under your shirt sleeve without getting caught on the material and the small size gives it an understand feel.

              Comment


                Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                Coat: Jcrew
                Flannel: Iron Heart
                Shirt: Nordstrom
                Tie: Berg & Berg
                Pants: Jcrew
                Watch/watchband: Orient/Gustin
                Not a fan of the flannel with a tie. The shirt is too casual for a tie.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by DuFrank View Post

                  Temperature in the low 20's this morning. Had snow flurries all day yesterday. If it was raining, they'd maybe shut Atlanta as a city down for today haha.

                  JC topcoat, vest, flannel-lined pants
                  BR sweater
                  Lacoste polo
                  Grenson boots

                  I'm thinking hard on getting the jacket version of this vest. Edit: $90 on the website
                  DuFrank, what size is the JCF vest?

                  Comment




                    Suit - SuitSupply Napoli
                    Tie - Chaps
                    Shirt - Spier & Mackay
                    Shoes - Cole Haan

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                      Not a fan of the flannel with a tie. The shirt is too casual for a tie.
                      I guess so, but I didn't wear this for a formal outing. We were planning on going out into the cold, but decided against it. Most showed up with a sportcoat and tieless, I showed up with a bright flannel and tie.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Fantasma View Post
                        DuFrank, what size is the JCF vest?
                        Large, fits like other Large JC items like shirts and jackets

                        Here's the link to it https://www.jcrew.com/p/B8065

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Fantasma View Post
                          Suit - SuitSupply Napoli
                          Tie - Chaps
                          Shirt - Spier & Mackay
                          Shoes - Cole Haan
                          I am going to guess that your watch caught the shirt on your left arm which is the reason no sleeve is showing? Also did you tuck in the pocket flaps? The shoes those make you look like a southerner...I see this all the time here in Nashville of a suit with tassel loafers.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                            I am going to guess that your watch caught the shirt on your left arm which is the reason no sleeve is showing? Also did you tuck in the pocket flaps? The shoes those make you look like a southerner...I see this all the time here in Nashville of a suit with tassel loafers.
                            JBarwick, you're right--my watch did catch the shirt sleeve, and with the combination of my long arms, it's not unusual for my sleeves to come down a bit into the jacket.

                            Also, I did tuck in the pocket flaps. I don't always do it but it's a better look for me, and it's easier to put things in the pockets. And you're right--I am a southerner. Picked up the loafers with a suit look at a law firm I worked at in Atlanta.

                            Comment




                              Valentine's Dinner with the girlfriend. Hard to see in the photo but that's a blue (not navy) waistcoat with charcoal slacks and black loafers. Kind of mixing up shades but I thought it worked.

                              Jacket - Gap
                              Shirt - Uniqlo
                              Vest - Bar III
                              Pants - Alfani (part of an old suit)
                              Shoes - Cole Haan
                              Watch - Timex
                              Pocket Square - The Tie Bar

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Fantasma View Post
                                JBarwick, you're right--my watch did catch the shirt sleeve, and with the combination of my long arms, it's not unusual for my sleeves to come down a bit into the jacket.

                                Also, I did tuck in the pocket flaps. I don't always do it but it's a better look for me, and it's easier to put things in the pockets. And you're right--I am a southerner. Picked up the loafers with a suit look at a law firm I worked at in Atlanta.
                                You really shouldn't tuck the flaps. It messes with the suit's silhouette. Also, what are you putting in those pockets that can't be put in the inside pockets?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X