X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Ooh. Decent watch straps offered in multiple lengths? *bookmarks page*
    Exactly -- I'm typically on the last hole of most stock straps -- on this one (I got the long), I'm on the third shortest and it's a beautiful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
      Exactly -- I'm typically on the last hole of most stock straps -- on this one (I got the long), I'm on the third shortest and it's a beautiful thing.
      I have the opposite problem, usually stock straps are ok but I often find myself punching new holes (I actually own a leather punch precisely for this purpose) and/or having way too much strap tail hanging off the end. (I've cut excess strap length off lots of NATOs and even a couple rubber and resin straps.)
      Ben

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] i think you got the square and tie right. Navy doesn't really dominate either the tie or the square, despite being the most present color in the tie.

I discovered the secret to coordinating squares with the rest of an outfit when wearing a tie (when not wearing a tie it's easy). Here's the secret: own a shitload of pocket squares and pick your square last. It's easy when the rest of the outfit is together and you can play around until you get it right. Thanks to gagliardi, owning a shitload of pocket squares is finally affordable (i don't really own that many, but a few). A guy in the SuSu thread over at SF recommended them. They are definitely a game changer for the frugal stylish individual.
        My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
          [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] i think you got the square and tie right. Navy doesn't really dominate either the tie or the square, despite being the most present color in the tie.

I discovered the secret to coordinating squares with the rest of an outfit when wearing a tie (when not wearing a tie it's easy). Here's the secret: own a shitload of pocket squares and pick your square last. It's easy when the rest of the outfit is together and you can play around until you get it right. Thanks to gagliardi, owning a shitload of pocket squares is finally affordable (i don't really own that many, but a few). A guy in the SuSu thread over at SF recommended them. They are definitely a game changer for the frugal stylish individual.
          Thanks for the input. I'm still very new to the non-white PS game, so treading lightly (overall I'm not a terribly flashy dresser, so any PS is a 'bold' play for me). Order of operation key to success makes total sense and is a good way to look at it as well. I'm not sure I'll ever become a PS-all-day-every-day guy, but I'd like to have a few go-to combos for when I want something more playful, etc.

Comment

My $.02, I like the darker square that isn't too bold or too busy. Maybe it's not as #menswear-tastic as it could be, but I think it works really well for a CBD/professional setting.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              My $.02, I like the darker square that isn't too bold or too busy. Maybe it's not as #menswear-tastic as it could be, but I think it works really well for a CBD/professional setting.
              Much appreciated. I may opt for a different tie with the navy next time, but do like the PS itself. For anyone who cares, it's this one: http://gagliardi.eu/shop/navy-red-pa...cket-square-3/

Comment

Much appreciated. I may opt for a different tie with the navy next time, but do like the PS itself. For anyone who cares, it's this one: http://gagliardi.eu/shop/navy-red-pa...cket-square-3/
                Wow, that looks much different than it does in your picture. I can see how that would go quite well with the blue and red tie.

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                  Wow, that looks much different than it does in your picture. I can see how that would go quite well with the blue and red tie.
                  Yeah, the lighting wasn't particularly great it seems. Also, websites often blast their stuff with light to make colors more vibrant than in RealLife(tm)

Comment

Yeah, the lighting wasn't particularly great it seems. Also, websites often blast their stuff with light to make colors more vibrant than in RealLife(tm)
                    That's reassuring because I was thinking of buying a couple that would work great with a few ties that I had, but was kinda put off by how almost neon they looked.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                      That's reassuring because I was thinking of buying a couple that would work great with a few ties that I had, but was kinda put off by how almost neon they looked.
                      In different real life lighting for you:

Charles has some better quality photos to see them as well.

Comment

Comment

Suit with thin cardigan inside.
                          5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

[MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] Great suit and overall look. If I could change one thing I would probably opt for a solid shirt. Between the suit, tie, and shirt, the look comes off a tad stripe-heavy.

Even with the stripes I would wear it, though. I'm a fan of the visual interest and pop of color the cardigan adds.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                              [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] Great suit and overall look. If I could change one thing I would probably opt for a solid shirt. Between the suit, tie, and shirt, the look comes off a tad stripe-heavy.

Even with the stripes I would wear it, though. I'm a fan of the visual interest and pop of color the cardigan adds.
                              +1 about the surplus of fine stripes. I think it would have been better with a plaid or checked tie. Other than that it's a great outfit.

Comment

Liked my colors today. Nothing new...

Comment

Working...
                                X