Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I picked a similar one up from lands end a while back. It was a bit more rust color than his. You might want to see if they still carry it.
    Thank you sir! I'll check around
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

    Comment


      Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post

      Suitsupply Madison sport coat
      Suitsupply tie
      Gagliardi square
      Spier and Mackay shirt
      Terrific sport coat!
      Do you like the fit on those? If it's on me, I would have liked them taken in a bit for a proper "hug".
      5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

      Comment


        [MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] the lapels look huge on that thing. Is it just a trick of the eye with the proportions and peak lapels?

        Comment


          Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
          [MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] the lapels look huge on that thing. Is it just a trick of the eye with the proportions and peak lapels?
          They really are huge. I'm a 40r. So on a smaller size they would look even bigger.
          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

          Comment


            [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] the madison is pretty slim to begin with. I have thought about having them taken in about 1/2" total each. I'm going to leave them as is for now.
            My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

            Comment


              Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post

              Suitsupply Madison sport coat
              Suitsupply tie
              Gagliardi square
              Spier and Mackay shirt
              IMO a darker and less busy tie would work better with this jacket. My preference would be a plain navy grenadine or knit, or a navy/eggplant neat with small pattern. The shirt collar looks great.

              Comment


                I'm digging those boots, but having trouble finding them on the Justin Boots website. Any way you could give me the name? Would love to try and track them down.

                Comment



                  Sorry about the image quality on this one. My phone's rear camera sucks and I couldn't take a good front-camera pic like I normally do for my lower half.

                  And I had to get a photo for the texture on these pants. I love it. Sort of a navy with a turquoise birdseye. This photo still doesn't do it justice.

                  Jacket: JC Penney Stafford wool/linen
                  Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
                  Square: Tie Bar
                  Tie: Berg & Berg
                  Pants: J. Crew
                  Shoes: GH Bass

                  Comment


                    Trying out a colored pocket square for the first time (part of my haul from Gagliardi) as well as the Berg & Berg tie I bought around the same time. Probably a little too much navy between the tie and PS, but let me know what you think.

                    Also switched my new (to me) Speedy to leather, which is admittedly more casual than the rest of my attire, but think it works well on the watch regardless. May need to grab an alligator strap if I want to dress it up more.



                    Comment


                      Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                      Trying out a colored pocket square for the first time (part of my haul from Gagliardi) as well as the Berg & Berg tie I bought around the same time. Probably a little too much navy between the tie and PS, but let me know what you think.

                      Also switched my new (to me) Speedy to leather, which is admittedly more casual than the rest of my attire, but think it works well on the watch regardless. May need to grab an alligator strap if I want to dress it up more.



                      Where'd you get the watch strap? Been looking for a leather one to put on my Orient and that looks perfect!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                        Trying out a colored pocket square for the first time (part of my haul from Gagliardi) as well as the Berg & Berg tie I bought around the same time. Probably a little too much navy between the tie and PS, but let me know what you think.

                        Also switched my new (to me) Speedy to leather, which is admittedly more casual than the rest of my attire, but think it works well on the watch regardless. May need to grab an alligator strap if I want to dress it up more.



                        I think the ps/tie combo works but I would have tried to bring out more of the red from the tie. Just wondering, how much did you pay for the watch?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                          Trying out a colored pocket square for the first time (part of my haul from Gagliardi) as well as the Berg & Berg tie I bought around the same time. Probably a little too much navy between the tie and PS, but let me know what you think.

                          Also switched my new (to me) Speedy to leather, which is admittedly more casual than the rest of my attire, but think it works well on the watch regardless. May need to grab an alligator strap if I want to dress it up more.



                          I think the navy of the square without any bright accents to it (at least in that lighting) kind of disappears into the dark gray of the suit jacket. As was said elsewhere, maybe something with some red accents to pick up the red stripe in the tie?

                          As an aside, where is that shirt from? Really like the color and pattern.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ashwin View Post
                            Where'd you get the watch strap? Been looking for a leather one to put on my Orient and that looks perfect!
                            B&R Bands, specifically: http://www.bandrbands.com/20mm-Class...dle-Brown.aspx

                            I'm not well versed in nice straps, but it's nicely finished, somewhat thick. Not really dressy, but a beautiful casual strap.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by burban View Post
                              I think the navy of the square without any bright accents to it (at least in that lighting) kind of disappears into the dark gray of the suit jacket. As was said elsewhere, maybe something with some red accents to pick up the red stripe in the tie?

                              As an aside, where is that shirt from? Really like the color and pattern.
                              Appreciate the feedback and agree -- was worried about too bright, but think you need it. I have a yellow based with brown/red/navy PS that I ordered as well that will likely pair better with this tie, but will def be bolder.

                              The shirt is from Ratio, I'm a big fan of it and will likely be ordering a second in this pattern to add to my wardrobe: https://www.ratioclothing.com/produc...blue-mini-grid

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                                B&R Bands, specifically: http://www.bandrbands.com/20mm-Class...dle-Brown.aspx

                                I'm not well versed in nice straps, but it's nicely finished, somewhat thick. Not really dressy, but a beautiful casual strap.
                                Ooh. Decent watch straps offered in multiple lengths? *bookmarks page*
                                Ben

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X