Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Clinic today:
    Bow tie- Thrifted
    Shirt- Spier and MacKay
    Pants- Spier and MacKay
    Socks- happysocks
    Shoes- Allen Edmonds Strands for brooks brothers

    Comment


      Originally posted by DMB View Post



      DMB, where are the wingtip brogues from?

      Comment


        WIWT

        First contribution to WIWT:





        Jacket: Banana Republic
        Gloves: Brooks Brothers unlined leather (e-thrifted)
        Sweater: Jcrew slim merino (e-thrifted)
        Shirt: Spier & Mackay
        Jeans: Levis 513
        Boots: AE First Avenue (2nds)

        Comment


          Originally posted by menvo90 View Post
          Clinic today:
          Bow tie- Thrifted
          Shirt- Spier and MacKay
          Pants- Spier and MacKay
          Socks- happysocks
          Shoes- Allen Edmonds Strands for brooks brothers

          Loving everything about this. Wish we could get a full shot to see how it fits!

          Comment





            Tie: The Tie Bar
            Shirt: JC Penney
            Pants: Thrifted Brooks Brothers
            Shoes: Thrifted Bostonians
            Watch: Orient

            Comment


              Originally posted by Fantasma View Post
              DMB, where are the wingtip brogues from?
              Bass

              Comment




                Casual Friday.

                Uniqlo polo, Target sweater, LE cargos, Adidas sneakers, Omega watch.
                Ben

                Comment


                  Originally posted by NewStyle View Post
                  First contribution to WIWT:





                  Jacket: Banana Republic
                  Gloves: Brooks Brothers unlined leather (e-thrifted)
                  Sweater: Jcrew slim merino (e-thrifted)
                  Shirt: Spier & Mackay
                  Jeans: Levis 513
                  Boots: AE First Avenue (2nds)
                  Nice outfit!

                  I'm looking at picking up a pair of First Avenue seconds from Shoebank. How is the sizing?

                  Comment


                    Thanks voodoo. I only have one other pair of AEs to compare with (rogue). I wear a 10.5E. Relative to my others the first ave were slightly narrower in the midfoot and roomier in the toe box. They took a good 4-5 wears to break-in but are very comfortable now.

                    Comment




                      Comment


                        Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post



                        Tie: The Tie Bar
                        Shirt: JC Penney
                        Pants: Thrifted Brooks Brothers
                        Shoes: Thrifted Bostonians
                        Watch: Orient
                        Great dimple.

                        Comment



                          Suitsupply Madison sport coat
                          Suitsupply tie
                          Gagliardi square
                          Spier and Mackay shirt
                          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

                          Comment


                            Asking for some feedback here. Trying out a monochrome thing and generally thinking dusty color palettes but I think it would look better if I swapped the natural belt for a braided brown belt. The question I really have is about the trousers/shoes. Shoes are Alden snuff, chinos are S&M. Should I be going even lighter on the trouser color instead? (like a pair of 'natural' colored jeans)? Also the material... the material on these chinos just doesn't work here IMO. I'm thinking either the aforementioned denim, or an uncuffed and less slim, ?slubby? linen blend... what are my other options? Any easy fitting wool or cotton trouser with a slight taper to a flat hem? If I go off-monochrome, maybe a light gray/slate blue pants, again, less slim? Those BR chelseas would probably look good here if I use a slimmer pant silhouette. If you've ever seen some of Regis' posts on SF or browsed through some Italian S/S lookbooks, that's what I'm trying to evoke here on a budget.

                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/0udri232fl...51734.jpg?dl=0

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                              Asking for some feedback here. Trying out a monochrome thing and generally thinking dusty color palettes but I think it would look better if I swapped the natural belt for a braided brown belt. The question I really have is about the trousers/shoes. Shoes are Alden snuff, chinos are S&M. Should I be going even lighter on the trouser color instead? (like a pair of 'natural' colored jeans)? Also the material... the material on these chinos just doesn't work here IMO. I'm thinking either the aforementioned denim, or an uncuffed and less slim, ?slubby? linen blend... what are my other options? Any easy fitting wool or cotton trouser with a slight taper to a flat hem? If I go off-monochrome, maybe a light gray/slate blue pants, again, less slim? Those BR chelseas would probably look good here if I use a slimmer pant silhouette. If you've ever seen some of Regis' posts on SF or browsed through some Italian S/S lookbooks, that's what I'm trying to evoke here on a budget.

                              https://www.dropbox.com/s/0udri232fl...51734.jpg?dl=0
                              I personally like the look you have on. Is it really monochrome? IMHO, no. Then again, know the rules in order to break them. I would agree on the braided leather belt over the one you have on now. I think if you went lighter on the pants it would start to look a little weird and too matchy. I can't exactly tell from the picture if that sweater is white or more cream/beige but either way it's a hard color to go full monochrome because it just gets too washed out. You could definitely go with a slubby linen or a lightweight wool in a light grey but you'd probably have to change the shoes to a lighter color. Sorry for rambling, just my 2 cents.

                              Comment


                                Thanks for the feedback! I really need to buy myself a braided leather belt. Also thanks for asking me to clarify, I didn't mean true monochrome, just kind of in the same family. The sweater is a cream linen piece from Club Monaco.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X