Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks [MENTION=12045]Matchbook[/MENTION].
    [MENTION=14632]ryan_betts[/MENTION] fit is decent, but the process to figuring it out was somewhat difficult. Long story short, they build the shoulders pretty strong on their jackets (consistent with what I've read elsewhere on the forum) so I ended up having to size down from 44L to 42L and have the sides let out to make it work (it's slim). Tailoring wasn't terribly difficult because they leave 3/4" at the seam, but it's also not necessarily a minor alteration and that's added cost on your part. Despite all of that, I'm still pleased with it -- it's a nice wrinkle to mix into the rotation every now and then and also a good value for $140 total investment (20% off $120 with code + $35 in tailoring). Hope that helps.
    Last edited by dangerpenguin; January 26, 2016, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
      Thanks [MENTION=12045]Matchbook[/MENTION].
      [MENTION=14632]ryan_betts[/MENTION] fit is decent, but the process to figuring it out was somewhat difficult. Long story short, they build the shoulders pretty strong on their jackets (consistent with what I've read elsewhere on the forum) so I ended up having to size down from 44L to 42L and have the sides let out to make it work (it's slim). Tailoring wasn't terribly difficult because they leave 3/4" at the seam, but it's also not necessarily a minor alteration and that's added cost on your part. Despite all of that, I'm still pleased with it -- it's a nice wrinkle to mix into the rotation every now and then and also a good value for $140 total investment (20% off $120 with code + $35 in tailoring). Hope that helps.
      That's what I figured. Tailoring is much more expensive around me and would double the cost of the jacket to get that done. To get sides taken in usually start around $90 + $50 for sleeves.... Thanks for the information![emoji6]

Comment

RL polo
        Brooks Brothers cardigan
        Joe Abboud belt and trousers
        J Crew boots
        Also a blackwatch pattern Moon Mills scarf from Sierra Trading Post not pictured

Comment

Texture ..

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
            First time wearing this "ash navy" blazer- I think it reads more grey than blue, so not sure how I feel about how I layered today...

Blazer: CombatGent
            Sweater: BR
            Shirt: JCF
            Jeans: Bonobos
            Shoes: Cole Haan
            really sharp look. :thumbsup:

Comment

Another sport coat today. Better contrast between the color of my jacket and my pants (than yesterday's WWIT.)

Sport Coat: Suit Supply
              Shirt: Uniqlo
              Trousers: Bonobos
              Loafers: Velasca
              Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Originally posted by theskillets View Post
                Another sport coat today. Better contrast between the color of my jacket and my pants (than yesterday's WWIT.)

That's an awesome coat, looks great how you have it paired here.

Comment

[MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION] is that jacket olive?
                  My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by theskillets View Post

Nice look. The fit on that jacket is great!

Comment

Thanks everyone. [MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] It is a mid grey flannel. Lighting is bad in the photo.
                      Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Cross-post from Sunday Challenge:

Comment

Comment

Haven't posted in a while. Just trying to keep warm.

Shirt: RL Polo
                            Sweater: J.Crew
                            Pants: Uniqlo
                            Shoes: Aldo Guietta (Un-branded Chippewa 6" Service Boots)
                            Jacket: J.Crew Sussex
                            Hat: Coal
                            Watch: De-branded Invicta 8926 w/ 3-6-9 Dagaz dial on a leather Nato.

Comment

Originally posted by DMB View Post
                              Love that sweater, details?

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                                Love that sweater, details?
                                That's an old (maybe 4 or 5 yrs) Donegal sweater that I bought from Orvis. Over the years it found it's way to the bottom and back of the sweater stack and I kind of forgot about it. I was straightening up the other day and found it and realized I had forgotten all about this one. It's well made, thick, and the soft suede leather around the throat latch is a pretty nice touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X