• Show
Clear All

Cold and nasty today ...

J Crew - Skiff jacket, sweater, shirt
    Cinch jeans
    Justin boots

Comment

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
      From a guy with your style, I'll definitely take that compliment. Thanks, [MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION].
      Did you have it tailored at Suitsupply? If so, the guy there is very good. I imagine it's hard to get stuff tailored with that large of a drop.
      My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Matchbook, sskim3, outstanding. DMB, you as well. I'm on the job as well. It's always good to see guys who don't look like they stepped out of a Barney Miller episode. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
          How is the sizing on that gloverall? Is it TTS?
          It is a size 40 and TTS. Enough room to layer up appropriately if it's a thick sweater or a sports cost.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          Matchbook, sskim3, outstanding. DMB, you as well. I'm on the job as well. It's always good to see guys who don't look like they stepped out of a Barney Miller episode. Well done.
          Thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=14309]sskim3[/MENTION] Thanks. Just scored a camel colored one off eBay for $60 shipped. Looks beautiful in the pictures so fingers crossed it looks as good in person. I'm generally a 38 jacket but the listing gave the chest measurement as 24" across which I should be able to swing.

Comment

Double-posting here my Sunday Challenge entry for this week.
              Blizzard has hit, but Atlanta is largely unaffected.

RL cardigan
              JC shirt and camp socks
              SuitSupply tie from the outlet sale
              Express jeans
              Nordstrom Rack/ Joe Abboud belt
              Beckett Simonon longwings

Comment

WIWT

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post

RL cardigan
                JC shirt and camp socks
                Express jeans
                Nice look. Idk if people are going to see this for the Sunday challenge if you don't post it over there so you might want to put it there as well. How are those Beckett Simonon's btw?
                (Looks like that sweater is a little bulky on you)

Edit- never mind just saw that's it's in the Sunday challenge post as well, my bad.

Comment

WIWT

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                  Nice look. Idk if people are going to see this for the Sunday challenge if you don't post it over there so you might want to put it there as well. How are those Beckett Simonon's btw?
                  (Looks like that sweater is a little bulky on you)

Edit- never mind just saw that's it's in the Sunday challenge post as well, my bad.
                  Thanks! The sweater is looser-fitting than what I prefer; was a final sale gamble from the RL website a couple years ago. I still dig it because it's so thick and warm, and I really dig shawl collars and heavy texture haha.

The Beckett Simonon's I bought for a very good price when they were transitioning suppliers a year or two ago, so I can't complain. I'd say they're better than a typical glued-sole, bonded leather shoe from a department store in the same $80-$120 price range (e.g. Alfani, Stacy Adams, etc.). Even though I got these at much less than $100, I'd buy again at around $115 or less because I think the leather will age well enough for me to want to resole these over the years. I've read about some issues others have had, but my experience was just fine -- no issues.

Even though they're good-year welted, I'd put them quality-wise just under Cole Haan's basic line of shoes. But these are one of their original releases and supposedly they're higher quality now since they're found new suppliers/manufacturers. Idk as I don't have a newer-release pair.

The leather is cowhide, not calfskin like most dress shoes, so noticeably thicker and hardier/ more durable than calfskin. Makes for good beater shoes and works with the more casual longwing style of shoe I ordered. I wouldn't recommend it for something dressier like a captoe balmoral.

Comment

Thanks! The sweater is looser-fitting than what I prefer; was a final sale gamble from the RL website a couple years ago. I still dig it because it's so thick and warm, and I really dig shawl collars and heavy texture haha.

The Beckett Simonon's I bought for a very good price when they were transitioning suppliers a year or two ago, so I can't complain. I'd say they're better than a typical glued-sole, bonded leather shoe from a department store in the same $80-$120 price range (e.g. Alfani, Stacy Adams, etc.). Even though I got these at much less than $100, I'd buy again at around $115 or less because I think the leather will age well enough for me to want to resole these over the years. I've read about some issues others have had, but my experience was just fine -- no issues.

Even though they're good-year welted, I'd put them quality-wise just under Cole Haan's basic line of shoes. But these are one of their original releases and supposedly they're higher quality now since they're found new suppliers/manufacturers. Idk as I don't have a newer-release pair.

The leather is cowhide, not calfskin like most dress shoes, so noticeably thicker and hardier/ more durable than calfskin. Makes for good beater shoes and works with the more casual longwing style of shoe I ordered. I wouldn't recommend it for something dressier like a captoe balmoral.
                    Ok thanks for the info, I've thought about getting them but I haven't heard much good about them so I held off.

Comment

RL cardigan
                      JC shirt and camp socks
                      Express jeans
                      I like RL cardigan, great choice
                      Eat what is good for your health but
                      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                          Did you have it tailored at Suitsupply? If so, the guy there is very good. I imagine it's hard to get stuff tailored with that large of a drop.
                          I did. I'll say that I think that the tailors that Suitsupply has employed at that little shop are very good. I just had my Napoli re-tailored to account for my weight cut and they did a great job. And they're more affordable than most of the quality tailors here in LA.

Comment

Polo cardigan
                            Polo denim shirt
                            J crew jeans
                            Justin boots

Comment

RL cardigan
                              JC shirt and camp socks
                              Express jeans
                              Some great textures and pattern matching! Not a fan of the tie knot, though. Such a casual outfit would be best suited with a Four in Hand (or SuitSupply's signature Double Four in Hand)

Comment

Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
                                Tie: Berg & Berg
                                Pants: Banana Republic
                                Shoes: Thrifted Shell from Steve McGuire
                                Not Shown: Orient Bambino Watch

Comment

Working...
                                X