This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pelennor View Post

Sunday morning church, and cherishing the cold weather. Getting all the use that I can out of my cold weather stuff.

Jacket: Bonobos Nottingham Tweed
    Sweater: J Crew
    Shirt: Nordstrom Rack house brand
    Belt: RL
    Cords: Jcrew
    Boots: Clarks

I'm looking into getting some AE shoes to take over the job from these Clarks when it comes to outfits like this (smart casual?) and from my current pair of Aldo's when it comes to formal outfits. I've been eyeing the McGregor wingtips in dark brown. I need something that will go well with my Navy Fairfax Bonobos suit and outfits like this (can be dressed up and dressed down). Whatever I get will be my go-to pair of dress shoes so I'm looking for advice if anyone has some to give.
    How do you like bonobos jacket?
    Do you have slim or standard fit? How does the fit compare to a j crew ludlow?

Thinking about getting one!

Comment

[MENTION=14632]ryan_betts[/MENTION] I love the jacket! The armholes are nice and high and it has barely any shoulder padding (if any at all) so it moves really well. The one I'm wearing is a 36R in standard fit and it fits really well (I'm 6'1" 160 lbs. & usually wear a size small). I could bring in the sides a little bit but I'm currently working out trying to build muscle so it wouldn't make sense to get it tailored on something minor. I don't own any jackets from JCrew so I can't help you there, but I would say that I probably wouldn't get the slim fit unless you're have a really slim build. I just bought the jacket in regular fit because it was the only option available and the price was irresistible. I figured if it was loose on the sides I'd get it tailored, but it turned out that it fit me just fine. There's a better view of how the fit looks on me on page 946 of this thread. Hope this helps!

Comment

[MENTION=14949]mmgfarb[/MENTION] thanks man, I'm really digging that duffle coat. I've been wanting to get one but the weather in Texas is just too warm to justify it. :/
        Thanks! Yea it's great, probably my favorite purchase of the past six months. It's really think and warm but sits really well in my my frame. Definitely too warm for Texas!

Comment

[MENTION=14632]ryan_betts[/MENTION] I love the jacket! The armholes are nice and high and it has barely any shoulder padding (if any at all) so it moves really well. The one I'm wearing is a 36R in standard fit and it fits really well (I'm 6'1" 160 lbs. & usually wear a size small). I could bring in the sides a little bit but I'm currently working out trying to build muscle so it wouldn't make sense to get it tailored on something minor. I don't own any jackets from JCrew so I can't help you there, but I would say that I probably wouldn't get the slim fit unless you're have a really slim build. I just bought the jacket in regular fit because it was the only option available and the price was irresistible. I figured if it was loose on the sides I'd get it tailored, but it turned out that it fit me just fine. There's a better view of how the fit looks on me on page 946 of this thread. Hope this helps!
          Wow, 946 is a standard fit? That looks slim! What size waist pants are you? What about chest for the jacket? Just to help me get perspective. Thanks!

Comment

Kicking off the week with a Sport Coat.

Sport Coat: Suit Supply
            Tie: The Tie Bar
            Pocket Square: The Knottery
            Shirt: Nordstrom
            Pants: Bonobos
            Belt: Dockers
            Shoes: Allen Edmonds (Shell cordovan that I thrifted from eBay and had recrafted.)
            Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

From a fan of northern lights...I dig this.

Originally posted by theskillets View Post

Shoes: Allen Edmonds (Shell cordovan that I thrifted from eBay and had recrafted.)

Comment

Dressed to hop on a plane to the belly of Hell - aka the Bakken in North Dakota.

Arc'Teryx fleece, Uniqlo polo, LE cargo pants (true color: dark olive), Adidas sneakers, Shinola watch on leather NATO.
                Last edited by LesserBlackDog; January 18, 2016, 12:28 PM.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                  From a fan of northern lights...I dig this.
                  From a guy who advocates against northern lights with gusto, I too dig this. Really well done with the top/bottom visual balance. I think a plain light blue or light blue/faint white stripes would have been a better choice than gingham, though.
                  --

I'm here mostly to keep my mouth shut and learn a thing or two.

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11161]PekkaKarhunen[/MENTION] thanks for the feedback! I almost went with a light blue OCBD but I wear those a lot and wanted to mix it up.

Comment

WIWT

Very sharp. Which fabric is the jacket in? I assume that's a Havana?

Enjoying a lazy MLK day off (thanks Federal government!) with errands and casual date night later:

Jacket: Outdoor Research down
                      Sweater: Icelandic wool by Geysir (some Icelandic brand I guess? It was a gift)
                      Belt: Saddleback
                      Jeans: Gustin "Heavy American" w/ thermals underneath
                      Shoes: 8" Bean Boots w/ Gore-Tex and Thinsulate and sheepskin insoles.

It's cold for DC...

Comment

[MENTION=7367]Snake Doctor[/MENTION] Yes, it is a Havana in wool and cashmere.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jacke...l?cgid=Jackets

Comment

This is an awesome look, really well done!

Comment

Originally posted by PekkaKarhunen View Post
                            I think a plain light blue or light blue/faint white stripes would have been a better choice than gingham, though.
                            I almost went with a light blue OCBD but I wear those a lot and wanted to mix it up.
                            Personally, I think gingham was the right call here. It helps balance the formality of the jacket with the casualness of the pants. It also adds a bit of weight up top to help balance the Northern Lights look. I like it.

Comment

Check, stripe, foulard and polka dot.

5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                                Check, stripe, foulard and polka dot.

Love the pattern mixing you got going on there. IMO a pocket square with a larger print would have been better to balance out the other ones which are all pretty small.

Comment

Working...
                                X