Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all! And [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION], I've been really happy with this jacket. It's not the most versatile thing in my closet, but it works pretty well in the fall (and warmer winter days like today). And it fit me almost perfectly right away (just had to shorten the sleeves a bit), so the market really seems to have sorted this out well.

Comment

Jacket: SuitSupply Havana Soft Tweed
      Shirt: Spier and Mackay OCBD
      Pants: GAP denim
      Boots: Chippewa
      Watch: Casio chrono on a new StrappedForTime rally

Comment

Originally posted by billmeek View Post

Jacket: SuitSupply Havana Soft Tweed
        Shirt: Spier and Mackay OCBD
        Pants: GAP denim
        Boots: Chippewa
        Watch: Casio chrono on a new StrappedForTime rally
        Really well put together. That Suit Supply soft tweed is nice!

Comment

[MENTION=13165]billmeek[/MENTION] - I bought that soft tweed as well. Mine has to go to the tailor for sleeve shortening and possibly some slimming in other areas. Worst part is going to be the bill which will probably be like $120 but will fit like a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
            Really well put together. That Suit Supply soft tweed is nice!
            Thanks! It was my first foray into SuSu territory, got it from the outlet sale and luckily it fits like a dream. I'm afraid it has opened the door to many more SuSu purchases...

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
              [MENTION=13165]billmeek[/MENTION] - I bought that soft tweed as well. Mine has to go to the tailor for sleeve shortening and possibly some slimming in other areas. Worst part is going to be the bill which will probably be like $120 but will fit like a dream.
              It's exactly what I was looking for, especially the shoulders and lining. I luckily got by without any alterations but it'll be a beaut once you get it back!

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                This is me today:

Jacket: Southwick/Epaulet
                Shirt: J. Crew Factory
                Pants: Bonobos
                Shoes: Alden

I just picked these boots up for a very good price from the Haberdash going out of business sale. I've sort of been resistant to chukka boots, but it's amazing how comfortable these unlined ones are right out of the box.
                Really awesome. I looked awhile for a similar jacket, but the color on the ones I came across didn't "pop" enough to really work well for a tan/khaki jacket. Your however is really vibrant, and I like how the shoulders are done on it too

Comment

Official interview was today. I think it went pretty well! Thanks to Dappered, I felt confidently dressed for the occasion. Though some would probably disagree with the suit's shade of blue and how the tie and belt/shoes color play into each other, the overall presentation and conversation went well.

SuitSupply Napoli suit (40R)
                  Countless Mara tie from Macy's
                  Shirt from Nordstrom Rack's house brand -- really like the collar on this one, and the fit isn't too billowy for a 17" neck x34-35 sleeve
                  Alden captoe with a little brogue-ing
                  Belt from unknown hand-me-down
                  Watch is Explorer 2

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post

Official interview was today. I think it went pretty well! Thanks to Dappered, I felt confidently dressed for the occasion. Though some would probably disagree with the suit's shade of blue and how the tie and belt/shoes color play into each other, the overall presentation and conversation went well.

Shirt from Nordstrom Rack's house brand -- really like the collar on this one, and the fit isn't too billowy for a 17" neck x34-35 sleeve
                    Watch is Explorer 2
                    I think that's a classically great look, nicely done -- and congrats on the interview going well!

Comment

Watch is Explorer 2
                      You nailed the interview Look. Nice job and good luck on the job.
                      Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Heading out to catch a rock show: Randy Jackson, lead singer of the New Orleans based band Zebra (from back in the day), with a full rock band backed up by the Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra, doing the music of Led Zeppelin. It's definitely not an occasion to dress up, however I threw on some classics.

J Crew Chinos, Polo Tshirt, Baracuta jacket, Jack Purcells, and Rolex GMTII.

Comment

Originally posted by Julio P. View Post
                          Looks great. Have been eyeing that Ludlow for a while now.

What is the wool blend %?
                          75% wool 25% Nylon (wtf¡}

Comment

Weather is great in the 40s in NYC.

Comment

Really awesome. I looked awhile for a similar jacket, but the color on the ones I came across didn't "pop" enough to really work well for a tan/khaki jacket. Your however is really vibrant, and I like how the shoulders are done on it too
                              Thanks! It is an uncommon color. Any more gold and it would veer into 80's real estate agent territory, but more brown/tan would make it a little boring, so I think it threads a needle pretty well. The duck canvas material is pretty cool too. Wouldn't mind having it in some pants.

Comment

Running errands after work
                                Jacket vintage orvis
                                Pants br cords
                                Sweater br
                                Shirt same Perry Ellis as earlier
                                Hat br merino wool

Comment

Working...
                                X