Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might call this "mountain town business casual." I know already this will not be to everyone's taste.

Arc'Teryx fleece jacket, BB shirt, Robert Talbott knit wool tie, LE cargo pants (true color is dark olive green), Kiel James Patrick belt, PRL boots, Hamilton watch on leather NATO.
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      You might call this "mountain town business casual." I know already this will not be to everyone's taste.

Arc'Teryx fleece jacket, BB shirt, Robert Talbott knit wool tie, LE cargo pants (true color is dark olive green), Kiel James Patrick belt, PRL boots, Hamilton watch on leather NATO.
      I like it, and the name "mountain town business casual". I like the look of a "sportier" sweater with business casual. I do it with a zip mock-neck sweater and jcrew summit fleece half-zip.

Comment

I like it but probably would have switched out the fleece for an M-65 jacket or something like that to match the ruggedness of the cargo pants. Overall, nicely done.

Comment

Going back to what [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] posted recently, I liked how this similar suit is styled with white and the wool tie. Definitely less bold in coloring, which is more my personal style and makes it more wintery (which is the mood I'm combating with the recent turn toward cold temps)

Caveat: Not affiliated with KnotStandard, but do like some stuff from them I've had made. Just saw this on my instagram and it reminded me of the convo.
          Last edited by hornsup84; January 14, 2016, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
            Going back to what [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] posted recently, I liked how this similar suit is styled with white and the wool tie. Definitely less bold in coloring, which is more my personal style and makes it more wintery (which is the mood I'm combating with the recent turn toward cold temps)

That suit is sick! Although why he wouldn't just pull his tie up all the way is totally beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
              That suit is sick! Although why he wouldn't just pull his tie up all the way is totally beyond me.
              Yeah, I was about to edit to say that, when I said I liked how it was styled, I should have said I liked the color pairings, not the manner in which they are worn here. Also not an huge fan of the watch paired with a suit.

Comment

Yeah, I was about to edit to say that, when I said I liked how it was styled, I should have said I liked the color pairings, not the manner in which they are worn here. Also not an huge fan of the watch paired with a suit.
                Just noticed the watch as well. I guess some stylist made a few poor choices here. The color pairings are on point though.

Comment

Gotta use that wool coat while its cold!

5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Attempting to brighten up the cold weather with the lighter blue blazer and tan car coat. Also, further proof of my theory that there's simply no good way to photograph pant fit while taking cell phone selfies (my pants are not that short or tapered):

Comment

WIWT

Beautiful day in the DC area today. Here's what I wore today.

Coat- OFFICINA 36
                      OCBD- gap
                      Cords- BR
                      Vest- JCF
                      Loafers- Rockport

Comment

As someone who finds working with textures difficult, this is brilliant.

Comment

New Spier and Mackay chambray shirt. I don't know how I feel about the buttoning point yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                            New Spier and Mackay chambray shirt. I don't know how I feel about the buttoning point yet. [/IMG]
                            Lower than you're used to, or something else? It's a tough angle to tell, but seems like it looks fine IMO (particularly nice for more casual use).

Comment

Lower than you're used to, or something else? It's a tough angle to tell, but seems like it looks fine IMO (particularly nice for more casual use).
                              I usually only unbutton the top button around the neck but from my understanding, S&M chose to move the buttons up so allowing the 2nd button to be undone and it looks fine. It is just a personal adjustment for me. I agree this angle is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                                I usually only unbutton the top button around the neck but from my understanding, S&M chose to move the buttons up so allowing the 2nd button to be undone and it looks fine. It is just a personal adjustment for me. I agree this angle is bad.
                                I noticed that on my new Oxford as well. Out of habit I buttoned all but first one and felt suffocated first time I wore

Comment

Working...
                                X