This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stungray View Post
    Ah ok. All a matter of personal preference. I prefer slimmer fits, so most of my pants are 15"-16" leg openings. The 15.5" openings on the JCF Voyager pants are perfect for me.
    [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] Too much pant leg hanging over the shoe http://i.imgur.com/Hv7JqT3.jpg
    To judge a fit, you have to post a fit. Preferably something dressed up for comparisons sake. We have just had a lot of keyboard judgments in the past where someone wants to critique a fit but won't post something of their own.

Comment

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

That texture looks b.a

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
          That texture looks b.a
          If you really like it

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits...mporary-Havana

Comment

Originally posted by stungray View Post
            [MENTION=14949]mmgfarb[/MENTION] Love the trenchcoat! Is this it? http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...?pid=724291002

I agree with the other comment on color choice. I'd swap out the sweater for a gray v-neck.
            Point well taken about the sweater. The trench is actually last years version. I think BR puts a similar trench coat out every year. That one looks a little lighter than mine but sometimes the pictures aren't so accurate. (Sorry to take so long to respond)

Comment

I'll do a dressed up post another time. Here's what I had on today.

Sweater - JCF Cotton Cashmere Slim V-Neck
              Pants - GAP Slim Fit Khakis
              Shoes - Cole Haan Pinch Penny Loafer
              Watch - Orient Ray w/ NATO strap

Comment

[MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] - I feel like the tie and hank don't compliment each other in this fit though I will admit my hank game is nonexistent. I love what I saw on that European hank website and may order a couple soon. Are there staples sort of like ties?

Comment

My outfit for work today, one of my favorites

http://imgur.com/EkiVE3G

Top: J Crew shawl collar cardigan
                  Shirt: Brooks Brothers OCBD
                  Belt: Gap
                  Pants: J Crew Bowery in wool
                  Shoes: Bostonian (they might not get much love in the style community but they are some of the most comfortable shoes I own, beat the AEs I used to have hands down in comfort)

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                    [MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] - I feel like the tie and hank don't compliment each other in this fit though I will admit my hank game is nonexistent. I love what I saw on that European hank website and may order a couple soon. Are there staples sort of like ties?
                    I'd just order a few and start playing around. I was never that into them because they were expensive and seemed tricky. Then I was recommended the gagliardi ones over on sf. They were a game changer for me. They're cheap enough to make it not feel so risky.

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                      I love this quad pattern . Small, smaller, smallest, and nothing to do with the others. I've only been able to execute this style by exactly copying. I usually at least do a solid shirt trying to pull this off by eye.

That said, which items are these so I can exactly copy it?

Comment

"Preliminary" interview for an internal promotion today, which basically means "official interview but let's be less formal" here.

Suit- Spier & Mackay grey flannel
                        Tie- Jos A Bank
                        Shirt- Brooks Brothers
                        Belt- Original Penguin
                        Shoes- Grenson Alfred boots
                        Watch- Explorer II

Not worn during interview- Pocket Square by BR, bead bracelet no brand

In my official Friday interview, will probably wear a SuitSupply Napoli navy suit, brown Alden captoe balmorals, white semi-spread collar dress shirt, navy patterned tie?

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post

"Preliminary" interview for an internal promotion today, which basically means "official interview but let's be less formal" here.

Suit- Spier & Mackay grey flannel
                          Tie- Jos A Bank
                          Shirt- Brooks Brothers
                          Belt- Original Penguin
                          Shoes- Grenson Alfred boots
                          Watch- Explorer II

Not worn during interview- Pocket Square by BR, bead bracelet no brand

In my official Friday interview, will probably wear a SuitSupply Napoli navy suit, brown Alden captoe balmorals, white semi-spread collar dress shirt, navy patterned tie?
                          I would give you the keys to the citadel based on those boots alone.

What is the question in your last sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
                            I love this quad pattern . Small, smaller, smallest, and nothing to do with the others. I've only been able to execute this style by exactly copying. I usually at least do a solid shirt trying to pull this off by eye.

That said, which items are these so I can exactly copy it?
                            Really digging the textures and patterns too. Would be somewhat loud in an office but definitely an eye-catcher for brunch or bright happy hour. Definitely expert-level boldness imo.
                            Reminds me of how a local startup investor dresses haha

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
                              Really digging the textures and patterns too. Would be somewhat loud in an office but definitely an eye-catcher for brunch or bright happy hour. Definitely expert-level boldness imo.
                              Reminds me of how a local startup investor dresses haha
                              Right? I was just thinking I would give this outfit royalty in perpetuity.

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                                That suit looks great. If only I could fit my legs into a set of reasonably sized trousers. 23.5"-24.5" upper thigh measurements for a 37"-39" waist? Seriously?

Comment

Working...
                                X