This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMB View Post
    Finally cold here in the deep south. And ... it looks like it's time to clean this mirror.

Jacket - Ralph Lauren
    Sweater - Polo
    Shirt - Polo
    Chinos - JCrew
    Socks - J Crew
    Shoes - Bass
    Watch - Rolex GMT II
    Really like the mix of colors you got going on there, very nice!

Comment

[MENTION=14949]mmgfarb[/MENTION] - The 2 blues aren't doing it for me but I like everything fit wise! [MENTION=14858]DMB[/MENTION] - Nice fit! Any idea on the year for that GMT? Looks like it has aged well.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        Any idea on the year for that GMT? Looks like it has aged well.
        It's from 2001, and considering it spent a lot of years on an M1 tank it has held up surprisingly well. I wouldn't want to put it under a loupe if you are the OCD type. It's got some scars.

Comment

[MENTION=14858]DMB[/MENTION] I like everything except the pocket square. I feel like that's more of a flashy color/pattern and using the conservative square fold conflicts with the "character" of the pocket square. I think replacing it with a white one that has a purple edge would look better. Sort of like these two https://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/pro...ng/accessories and https://www.thetiebar.com/product/PC181
          [MENTION=14949]mmgfarb[/MENTION] Love the trenchcoat! Is this it? http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...?pid=724291002

I agree with the other comment on color choice. I'd swap out the sweater for a gray v-neck.

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post

Suit: Suitsupply Washington (e-thrifted for $175 shipped)
            Vest: Suitsupply
            Tie: Berg and Berg
            Pocket Square: Gagliardi (these are a steal at about $15 USD a piece and free shipping)
            Shirt: Kamakura
            The pocket square - Any way to purchase them in the US? I went to their site and it was all EU. Or if you know of a US equivalent in price & quality, I'm all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
              The pocket square - Any way to purchase them in the US? I went to their site and it was all EU. Or if you know of a US equivalent in price & quality, I'm all ears!
              They ship to US. A Euro is like $1.10 USD.
              My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                They ship to US. A Euro is like $1.10 USD.
                Thanks for the quick response! I was browsing their site and accidentally clicked the chat button. They let me know they were working on a way to add USD to their webpage!

Comment

New stuff day...

Shirt: Spier & Mackay
                  Tie: SuitSupply
                  Sport coat: Hugo Boss
                  Scarf: Neiman Marcus
                  Pants: BR
                  Shoes: Carmina

Comment

I own several S&M dress shirts. Which one is that? Fine twill?

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                    New stuff day...

Shirt: Spier & Mackay
                    Tie: SuitSupply
                    Sport coat: Hugo Boss
                    Scarf: Neiman Marcus
                    Pants: BR
                    Shoes: Carmina

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                      I own several S&M dress shirts. Which one is that? Fine twill?
                      Pale Blue Royal Oxford. It has a slight sheen to it which may wear off after a couple of washings. I have a fine twill in white but that fabric has lines/ridges in the fabric compared to this which is like a cross-hatch pattern. I am terrible describing fabrics.

Comment

Looks good. I own that short as well

Comment

I like the shoes, but the pant legs look like they're too wide.

Comment

a) how can you tell from that angle?
                            b) no.

Comment

Originally posted by stungray View Post
                              I like the shoes, but the pant legs look like they're too wide.
                              Thanks. Pant legs are 8.5" wide which is a pretty standard width. I have some approaching 9" that some may not prefer but are comfortable and look good.

Comment

Ah ok. All a matter of personal preference. I prefer slimmer fits, so most of my pants are 15"-16" leg openings. The 15.5" openings on the JCF Voyager pants are perfect for me.
                                [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] Too much pant leg hanging over the shoe http://i.imgur.com/Hv7JqT3.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X